PG Music Home
I would like to be able to save this track as midi track (yellow) and assign it to a midi instrument. The goal is to correct this track in some note and make it sound like acoustic Bass midi instrument.
It's possible?
Some idea?

Attached picture BIABBASS.JPG
You should be able to. Left click on the bass radio button and drag the mouse to the MID position of the drop zone as shown in the screenshot below.

The bass radio button has a green underline which means the RealTracks bass has midi embedded. One thing you need to realize is the midi information may be minimal because notation does not need all the midi data required for a soft synth or sound module to play a note.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Try this as shown in attachment where a dialog box will open where you can make your selection of track to move.

When you have moved the track to the soloist for example right click that track in mixer and select midi instrument.

For this to work in a kind of way remember the source track must have underlying midi data.

Attached picture move tracks.jpg
I did as he told me Jim Fogle.
The imported track is lower than 1 octave.
Olso the musiclover method gets the same result: 1 octave lower.

Attached picture BIABBASS2.JPG
Originally Posted By: casak
I did as he told me Jim Fogle.
The imported track is lower than 1 octave.
Olso the musiclover method gets the same result: 1 octave lower.

That is because bass and guitar tracks are written one octave higher then they sound. So if the bass notes were transcribed via listening they would be written one octave lower.

Just take the MIDI track and transpose it one octave higher and all will be good again. If you are working with a guitar track then limit the notes to only the treble staff.

I hope this helps and good luck.
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Just take the MIDI track and transpose it one octave higher ...

I do not know how to do this. Note by note? laugh
<<< I do not know how to do this. Note by note? laugh >>>

Not note by note. Open Piano Roll and select (Ctrl-A) the entire track and drag it up an octave.
Also:

Ctrl+Alt+1 = Transpose Melody down one octave
Ctrl+Alt+2 = Transpose Melody up one octave
Ctrl+Alt+3 = Transpose Soloist down one octave
Ctrl+Alt+4 = Transpose Soloist up one octave
Wow!!! Frank.... very simple method!!

Thanks you
I think it can also be done in Preferences, Channels.
Interesting Matt! in Pref->Channel I change Octave without change the notation

Thanks
Originally Posted By: cubalibre

Thanks
Right, I'm thinking this changes the sound (register) without changing the notation - not what you asked for, but perhaps useful in the future.
Quote:
I'm thinking this changes the sound (register) without changing the notation

It serves this purpose, but I think the original intent was that some synths mapped their sounds in different octaves, so depending upon the synth you use for, say the bass track, it might not play correctly (an octave off), so this took care of it. Back when BIAB was MIDI only, you generally only used one single MIDI softsynth (probably the VSC-3 that came with it), or an external hardware synth, so it was not a big deal to make it a global setting. I have a number of bass soundfonts that are mapped in different octaves and this lets you compensate for it, but if I change to a different soundfont, I would have to go back in and make this change again.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Originally Posted By: cubalibre

Thanks
Right, I'm thinking this changes the sound (register) without changing the notation - not what you asked for, but perhaps useful in the future.

Thanx for this tip Matt. This is very useful for writing guitar and bass parts while having the ability to hear the exact pitches.
Originally Posted By: jford

It serves this purpose, but I think the original intent was that some synths mapped their sounds in different octaves, so depending upon the synth you use for, say the bass track, it might not play correctly (an octave off), so this took care of it. Back when BIAB was MIDI only, you generally only used one single MIDI softsynth (probably the VSC-3 that came with it), or an external hardware synth, so it was not a big deal to make it a global setting. I have a number of bass soundfonts that are mapped in different octaves and this lets you compensate for it, but if I change to a different soundfont, I would have to go back in and make this change again.

Yes this can get a little confusing, especially to a beginner. Guitar and bass are written an octave higher than they sound. Some sound sources take this into consideration and do the transposition for you while others do not. Thus if you have a bass line that is written in concert pitch (no notation transposition) but your sound source expects the input to be transposed then you will have to adjust the incoming data. Same thing if visa-versa.

I hope this helps.
© PG Music Forums