PG Music Home
Posted By: BryanDP Adding a "Tick" to the Start - 04/13/18 07:21 AM
Hi Folks. I have some old midi back tracks which I often re-work etc. Some have the count-in in the Drum Channel 10. When I don't want it I can go to the Events View and delete those "Ticks". Now I have midi backing for "Make the world go away". It has no instrument lead in, or "Ticks" but starts directly with the melody for the words, "make the world", then only on the second bar the music comes in. When I use the backing I can't anticipate when to start singing and mess things up. So on this song I would like the count-in. It works fine in BIAB when I play it but when I make a MP3/WMA file it does not have the count-in.
Please help me to add a "Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick" count-in in the first Bar.
Kind Regards Bryan (BIAB-2018) PS. It would by nice if that Events View window could be made bigger or adjustable.
Posted By: WendyM Re: Adding a "Tick" to the Start - 04/13/18 10:13 AM
This may be a horrible workround but Ive got a couple of midi songs that kick in with my vocal before any instruments.Iguess you know the tempo so what I did was to create a psuedo SGU of one bar like C... arpeggio piano RT that was simply 1-2-123- lead in plus the opening chord to give me my key.You dont need the chord if you are playing an instrument but you know what I mean. I opened that in RB,swapped the position of the chord from after the count to before and then saved it. Then the whole thing went to my usual DAW along with the midi tracks from the midifile and after a bit of a jiggle,I got it to all line up.
MAYBE it can be done in BB and I'd be really grateful to know how to stop all that messing about.Im sure its something to do with Offseting the Intro but my head cant get round it.
Wendy
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Adding a "Tick" to the Start - 04/13/18 11:29 AM
Originally Posted By: BryanDP
Hi Folks. I have some old midi back tracks which I often re-work etc. Some have the count-in in the Drum Channel 10. When I don't want it I can go to the Events View and delete those "Ticks". Now I have midi backing for "Make the world go away". It has no instrument lead in, or "Ticks" but starts directly with the melody for the words, "make the world", then only on the second bar the music comes in. When I use the backing I can't anticipate when to start singing and mess things up. So on this song I would like the count-in. It works fine in BIAB when I play it but when I make a MP3/WMA file it does not have the count-in.
Please help me to add a "Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick" count-in in the first Bar.
Kind Regards Bryan (BIAB-2018) PS. It would by nice if that Events View window could be made bigger or adjustable.

This is where a nice full featured DAW comes in handy. You have to know the tempo. Load the project or just the audio track, and align the music to the measures and beats..... then add a few measures at the start, add your count in and waaa laaa.

BiaB also has the ACW... automatic chord wizard that will do a similar thing. You have to select the starting point for beat 1. I've tried this a few times with varying results probably because I didn't quite understand the process.

Yep... trying to guess the starting point without a count in is trick at best.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Adding a "Tick" to the Start - 04/13/18 11:45 AM
If I'm following you correctly, the Count-In is global, and you get all or nothing.

See this post

I've been trying for a good while now...

If you disable, it is then disabled for all songs, not just the one you need.

In you case, you want the option to have the output recorded WAV file to have those beats also.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Adding a "Tick" to the Start - 04/13/18 12:37 PM
Maybe this will help:
1-go to options/preferences/count-in/Met
2-click on allow lead in bars
3-click on play lead in even if intro is present

This works for me when I go from BiaB to my DAW. It may work when one exports to MP3/WMA. Don't know for sure as I have never done it that way.

If you want to replace the ticks with a drum intro then add these to the above list:
4- pick your drum fill intro in the lead in type window
5-make sure audio lead in is not checked
6-click on Lead in drum count if drums muted/disabled

I hope this helps.

Attached picture Count-in and Metronome Options 2018-04-13 11.26.23.jpg
© PG Music Forums