PG Music Home
Posted By: Cowboy Buddha Creating Loops - 04/19/18 08:42 PM
Hello everyone!

I purchased BIAB Ultra in January and have been truly amazed at its capabilities (although I've had my share of audio problems and some crashing but I think I'm starting to "herd the cats").

On to my question: I am looking to save portions of a song as a loop. For example, say I think that measures 9-14 would make an interesting groove. Is there a way to select and export just these measures without the rest of the song. I find that if I remove measure before and after the proposed loop, the measures I want have changes musically.... Huh?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Cowboy Buddha

BIAB Ultra 2018
Taylor Acoustics
Fender Tele
Yamaha Piano
Posted By: lambada Re: Creating Loops - 04/19/18 09:40 PM
Real Band I would think.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Creating Loops - 04/19/18 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Cowboy Buddha
Hello everyone!

I purchased BIAB Ultra in January and have been truly amazed at its capabilities (although I've had my share of audio problems and some crashing but I think I'm starting to "herd the cats").

On to my question: I am looking to save portions of a song as a loop. For example, say I think that measures 9-14 would make an interesting groove. Is there a way to select and export just these measures without the rest of the song. I find that if I remove measure before and after the proposed loop, the measures I want have changes musically.... Huh?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Cowboy Buddha

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

I agree with lambada. Realband is the way to go. Open your BIAB song file directly in Realband. It will generate (it takes a little longer than BIAB).

Realband is much more versatile when working with tracks than BIAB is.

Seeing you purchased your BIAB/RB package in January, go to the link below, download Build 5 update for Realband, right-click on the downloaded update, choose "Run as administrator" and let it install. Make sure to check that the installation paths are correct when it gets to that part of the install.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Creating Loops - 04/20/18 07:57 AM
<<< I am looking to save portions of a song as a loop. For example, say I think that measures 9-14 would make an interesting groove. Is there a way to select and export just these measures without the rest of the song. >>>

The way to select and export just the measures to create a loop is super easy and convenient using Real Band. Create tracks and highlight the region or entire track and then from the top toolbar, Open the Render command and select the first option; Export Acid Loop and follow the prompts. Using RB method saves your new loop to the appropriate folder.
© PG Music Forums