PG Music Home
Posted By: parkgate Drum fills - 04/27/18 06:48 AM
Can anyone tell me an easy way of adding a drum fill please?
Posted By: Dave Re: Drum fills - 04/27/18 08:42 AM
Part marker will create drum fill at the end of previos bar
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Drum fills - 04/27/18 09:27 AM
Yes, you need to use part markers.

To do that, hover your mouse over the bar number of the bar you want the part marker and left click the mouse. It will turn blue to show that you have a part marker for the 'a' variation. Click again and it will turn green to show that you have a part marker from the 'b' variation ('b' is typically a bit more busy). Click again to remove the part marker.
Posted By: parkgate Re: Drum fills - 04/27/18 12:46 PM
This doesn't work for me, I have tried several different styles but still no luck.
I have sent a test file to tech support to see what the solution is.

Thanks for your response :-)
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Drum fills - 04/27/18 12:51 PM
Putting a part marker doesn't generate a fill?

Can you provide a screenshot and also tell us what style you used?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Drum fills - 04/27/18 07:05 PM
Parkgate,

I don't know if you read this, it's from the the other thread where you asked about drum fills, too.

See if these thoughts help....

(1) If the drums are frozen, part markers will not have any effect. It's necessary to unfreeze the drum track and then regenerated.

(2) Once part markers have been added or changed, the track will need generating for the changes to implemented. With BIAB, no changes occur until after regeneration.

Lastly, if neither of the above help, post the name of the drums you have loaded and I'll test them out.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Drum fills - 04/27/18 08:11 PM
This one took a while to figure out. The fills weren't disabled on the Part Markers, and the Drums track wasn't frozen. Switching RealDrums or Styles, and removing/adding the Part Markers didn't help either.

It turns out "Simple Drums for this song (no fills)" had been checked in the RealDrums Picker.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Drum fills - 04/27/18 08:23 PM
Thanks Kent!

I appreciate your updating the thread.

I don't think I'd ever have stumbled onto that. I've made a note for next time.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Drum fills - 04/27/18 08:25 PM
To be perfectly honest, I didn't even know the checkbox existed until a few minutes ago smile

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: dcuny Re: Drum fills - 05/04/18 04:03 PM
Sounds like the kind of place where a non-blocking "toast" popup could helpfully remind the user.

Yeah, BiaB will start to get chatty after a while, popping up lots of warnings, telling you that "simple" chord styles are set and so on. If there are too many warnings, people stop looking at them.

Still, perhaps worth considering?
© PG Music Forums