PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor I need RealBand 101 Urgently - 05/10/18 03:25 PM
I'm hitting a brick wall trying to learn RealBand. I've seen the tutorials provided by PG Music but they seem to start with so many pre-assumptions and leave me wanting.

I want to export a BIAB tune as separate .wav or .mp3 files ( 7 or 8 tracks ) then manipulate them in RB. I'm having difficulty getting my head around it. ( I'm old and terminally Irish ).

I'm sure it's possible, I can do it in Audacity but I want to learn RB for the convenience. It's there!
Posted By: jford Re: I need RealBand 101 Urgently - 05/10/18 03:50 PM
You can do this a number of ways:

1. Drag the audio file from windows explorer onto the destination track, or
2. Select Edit, Track, Insert WAV file, or
3. Load scrap, then 1-track paste, or
4. Click on the Import WAV button, or

probably the easiest way of all:

5. Just open the BIAB .MGU or .SGU file directly in RealBand (although you'll have to manually match the synths you used in BIAB within RealBand to get the same MIDI sounds), but for RealTracks and RealDrums, they'll just regenerate in RealBand (although I think, but not sure, that frozen tracks come in the same).
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: I need RealBand 101 Urgently - 05/10/18 04:14 PM
John,

I had saved my new composition as .wav ( 7 separate files ) and when I dragged them into RB but they were concatenated into one very long song. That was enough to discourage me.

I'll fiddle around with your suggestions and post back later.

I've tinkered with RB for several years but gave up in frustration each time. I don't find it to be very intuitive.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: I need RealBand 101 Urgently - 05/10/18 10:33 PM
Hi Don,

I'd highly recommend just opening RealBand, hitting File - Open, and selecting the Band-in-a-Box file.

If you were moving the song into a non-PG Music DAW, you'd need to export WAVs, but if you're using RealBand, it just creates extra work. smile

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: I need RealBand 101 Urgently - 05/10/18 11:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Don,

I'd highly recommend just opening RealBand, hitting File - Open, and selecting the Band-in-a-Box file.

If you were moving the song into a non-PG Music DAW, you'd need to export WAVs, but if you're using RealBand, it just creates extra work. smile

Cheers
Kent
PG Music

+1
That is how I use RealBand.
Get the “basics” done in BIAB then open the SGU or MGU in RealBand.
Posted By: jford Re: I need RealBand 101 Urgently - 05/11/18 11:27 AM
Yep, my #5 above. And it's what I do also.
© PG Music Forums