PG Music Home
Posted By: Narayano Style for Recuerdos de Alhambra - 09/05/18 04:23 PM
I remember coming across a Style in which the guitar was playing something like Recuerdos de Alhambra but I haven't been able to find it again. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Narayano
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Style for Recuerdos de Alhambra - 09/05/18 04:59 PM
Could you please post a link to an example of this song that sounds like what you want? That would help me, and perhaps others.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Style for Recuerdos de Alhambra - 09/05/18 07:26 PM
Oddly enough it is called:

Recuerdo.sty

Who would have thought!!

Here is the song being played, and beautifully.

The guitar is beautiful too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwjX-m4LkYk

I play this song. It is a tricky little number. The right hand technique is a beast.

smile
Posted By: Narayano Re: Style for Recuerdos de Alhambra - 09/06/18 03:20 AM
Thank you so much for that David - such beautiful music. Many years ago I studied classical guitar for a few years but damaged my right hand so I had to stop. Presently I'm learning to play Chromatic harmonica and there's a great version on YouTube by Robert Bonfiglio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXLtya9vRR4&feature=youtu.be

Kind regards

Narayano
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Style for Recuerdos de Alhambra - 09/06/18 09:27 AM
Wow that was a beautiful version!

Thanks!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Style for Recuerdos de Alhambra - 09/07/18 11:24 AM
I concur - that is a beautiful rendition of the song smile Glad it got found, thanks David!
Posted By: w Re: Style for Recuerdos de Alhambra - 09/08/18 01:21 PM
Narayano,

perhaps you could post your own song based on this version of this style ?

Incidentally that's a great style and I'm glad you brought it to our attention in your first post .
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Style for Recuerdos de Alhambra - 09/08/18 03:57 PM

For guitarists, it is a great style to use to practice your right hand pami pami pami workouts.

And Recuerdos is a workout...

smile
Posted By: Narayano Re: Style for Recuerdos de Alhambra - 09/10/18 07:47 AM
At the moment I'm simply making backing tracks to accompany myself on the chromatic harmonica and not recording myself but when I do that I shall certainly post it.
© PG Music Forums