PG Music Home
Posted By: Lesley55 Triple - 09/15/18 01:14 AM
Is there a way to get rid of the 3, and the sideways square bracket under it, that appears above a stave where there is a triple?

I'm trying to enter something in 12/8 time, using 4/4 time with each quarter note divided into 3 divisions (as in swing time).

Showing a triple over what is supposed to be 3 8th notes doesn't seem right.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Triple - 09/15/18 05:32 AM
Originally Posted By: Lesley55
Is there a way to get rid of the 3, and the sideways square bracket under it, that appears above a stave where there is a triple?

I'm trying to enter something in 12/8 time, using 4/4 time with each quarter note divided into 3 divisions (as in swing time).

Showing a triple over what is supposed to be 3 8th notes doesn't seem right.

This might work:
You can change the beat resolution on any beat. In editable notation mode, change that beat to 4/4 as shown:

Attached picture 2018-09-15_18-30-03.jpg
Posted By: Lesley55 Re: Triple - 09/15/18 03:05 PM
OK, that works. But it changes the timing, I think. It sounds the same to me, but in the notation the middle note appears to be held twice as long as the outside notes.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Triple - 09/15/18 03:55 PM
You can adjust both the length and position of individual notes. In editable Notation mode, right-click on the note-head to change it. That may help to give you the result you require.
Posted By: Lesley55 Re: Triple - 09/15/18 04:50 PM
OK. Since there are triples in every bar, I have decided just to leave them in. The time signature says 4/4 in BiaB. The original time signature was 12/8, but it sounds correct.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Triple - 09/15/18 05:16 PM
I understand that BiaB treats Swing styles as triplets. I think this is why you are getting the results you see.
© PG Music Forums