PG Music Home
Posted By: jimmadsen Can't Hear Midi Files - 09/23/18 11:41 AM
Hi folks - I'm sure that this is an easy fix, but I have no idea where to look to fix it. I was told to restore my install of BIAB back to it's factory settings.

I did that, and now can't hear any MIDI files on playback.

Can someone help me find that setting to change? I'm a little lost in the GUI.

THANKS!

Jim
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Can't Hear Midi Files - 09/23/18 12:10 PM
Hi
Assuming you don’t use some external midi synth for playing midi,
Click the midi icon and choose midi./ audio settings,
Set tick in box use vst/dxi/
In the synth settings box , choose your vst / dxi the coyote wave table will work fine ;
Try that.
Mike
Posted By: MarioD Re: Can't Hear Midi Files - 09/23/18 12:26 PM
I just had a Win 10 update change my audio output and like you I could not hear any of my MIDI tracks. If Mike's suggestion doesn't work check your audio inputs and outputs to make sure that the selected choices matches your audio interface.

Note - In my case I have the internal audio devices tuned off and use my external Roland Octa-Capture as my audio interface. Win 10 reset my BiaB audio to the motherboard audio interface which was off!

Good luck
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Can't Hear Midi Files - 09/23/18 12:52 PM
Along the lines of what John said, I’ve had Windows change my driver to an HD driver for my monitor (screen) that I never use. So yes, whatever may have caused it, check your settings again.
Posted By: jimmadsen Re: Can't Hear Midi Files - 09/23/18 03:24 PM
Hi Mike - thanks for the reply!

Turns out I needed to install the Coyote Wave Table before I could check the VST/DXI box.

Do to that I went to HELP -> UTILITIES -> INSTALL COYOTE WAVE TABLE SYNTH...

That seemed to do the trick.

Hope this helps any other newbies out there who may be running into the same issue.

THANKS AGAIN!
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Can't Hear Midi Files - 09/23/18 05:37 PM
HI JIM
Glad you are sorted.
You can of course install / add other vst s or dxi and use those, but they must be GM in order to get all the standard midi voices,
Some are using the 32 bit version of the cakewalk TTS 1 dxi
Others may use Yamaha XG lite vst that I made available .
There is a fair bit of choice around,
The coyote WT will server you well, till you get used to all this stuff and is always my goto for snagging,
Have fun
Mike
Posted By: jimmadsen Re: Can't Hear Midi Files - 09/23/18 11:13 PM
THANKS EVERYONE! Now a follow up question. How do I turn off the count in? I know I figured it out before, but now that I've reset to factory settings, it's back and I can't seem to turn it off. I have tried turning off everything in the Metronome window, to no avail.

Thanks!!!

Jim
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Can't Hear Midi Files - 09/24/18 10:34 AM
I hope I answered this item in the other post.
Posted By: jimmadsen Re: Can't Hear Midi Files - 09/24/18 02:45 PM
I really wish you did too! :-)

I know that there's a setting in there that allows it, but for the life of me just can't seem to find it again.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Can't Hear Midi Files - 09/24/18 03:13 PM
Go to Options (in the top line) - Preferences (at the bottom of the resulting drop down)- Count in/Met.
Lots of choices in there.
Cheers
ian
© PG Music Forums