PG Music Home
Hi fellows.
Since sales reps are refusing to answer broad questions, I thought I would try to find some sense here.

I located third party authorized re-seller that offers PG products at much more reasonable price than PG itself. https://www.midi-store.com The catch is that they (3rd party) can not sell updates I need, only PG can.

I was told by PG rep, that update 2018 PRO to 2018 Ultrapack will cost $279. PG refused to answer if/how historically these upgrades were discounted at the time of new releases. Can anybody give me a "historical" average of the discount level for this package, that if...if it went on sale previously at time of yearly releases.

Thank you,
Mike.
Hi Mike
I am sure others will correct me if I am wrong but I will try to give you ball park figure

It depends where you start and finish as you can see from to days prices .
Typically around Dec when the new version is released like for like say ultra plus or everything pack to ultra plus
You would only need the plus pack About 90 $ instead of 129 $
See row two of pricing pages
Other cross grades and updates are also discounted at a similar sliding scale % depending on how old, after 2 year old it counts as other
So it is the same to upgrade from 2016 or earlier say 2012

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
Mike,
Thank you!
It seems roughly 30% discount.

That gives me food for thoughts to make a balanced decision.

Best regards,
Mike.
Rustyspoon,

I went to that web site you quoted and they do have " download " and " boxed " prices that are a wee bit less then PG's prices.

However, as you pointed out , the catch is updating/upgrading.

Personally i would purchase directly from PG for many reasons . As an example, you can buy and try the PG products and if you are not satisfied there is a full refund from PG .

Another reason would be if you require technical help PG is there for you .

However, having said that I have no idea what your personal financial situation is and therefore only you can decide what to do.

Good luck and welcome to the PG forums ( paid for by PG ).
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hi fellows.
Since sales reps are refusing to answer broad questions, I thought I would try to find some sense here.

I located third party authorized re-seller that offers PG products at much more reasonable price than PG itself. https://www.midi-store.com The catch is that they (3rd party) can not sell updates I need, only PG can.

I was told by PG rep, that update 2018 PRO to 2018 Ultrapack will cost $279. PG refused to answer if/how historically these upgrades were discounted at the time of new releases. Can anybody give me a "historical" average of the discount level for this package, that if...if it went on sale previously at time of yearly releases.

Thank you,
Mike.

Hi Mike,

For the past 3 version releases, the UltraPAK upgrade from previous version was discounted to $149. Before that it was $139. Although we can't guarantee these prices going forward, there's definitely a trend.

Once the 2019 version is released, there will be email announcements, forum announcements, and social networking announcements - not planning any radio or television commercials though! smile

I hope this information helps - was sorry to read that you were not able to have your questions answered.

w / Callie, Thank you for clarification, however it is a bit trickier than that.
I Have 2018 Pro and some packs. I wanted to buy a full version of Ultrapack from authorized retailer, which includes a 2018 PRO and transfer my original license of 2018 PRO to a relative... as a gift to her. But for some unknown reason, as I was told your policy does not allow to transfer just the BIAB pro, I have to give up all my packages that were purchased separately. I do not believe it is fair in any way to pay for same thing twice. All major computer music software companies allow for individual licences to be transferred if they did not came in the bundle.

Callie, since you are kind to share memory of previous sale, can you recall the discounted price at time of new release from 2017 pro to 2018 Ultra PAck?

I thank you in advance,
Mike.
w / Callie, Thank you for clarification, however it is a bit trickier than that.
I Have 2018 Pro and some packs. I wanted to buy a full version of Ultrapack from authorized retailer, which includes a 2018 PRO and transfer my original license of 2018 PRO to a relative... as a gift to her. But for some unknown reason, as I was told your policy does not allow to transfer just the BIAB pro, I have to give up all my packages that were purchased separately. I do not believe it is fair in any way to pay for same thing twice. All major computer music software companies allow for individual licences to be transferred if they did not came in the bundle.

Callie, since you are kind to share memory of previous sale, can you recall the discounted price at time of new release from 2017 pro to 2018 Ultra PAck?

If you purchase the "First-time" UltraPAK from a reseller, then transferring your license to a relative will NOT remove your upgrade options, as you purchased a new license. (and, what a nice gift!) Just make sure to include this information when you contact our team to transfer the license.

It seems like there may have been some miscommunication during the initial conversation. Sometimes people will give their old copy away, or sell it, and still expect the upgrade price. Upgrades are discounted because you already own the license - so those that give/sell it all to someone else no longer own the license. This would NOT apply in your described situation.

The 2018 UltraPAK Upgrade from 2017 Pro was on sale during our special for $149 (regular $279).
Callie, thank you for encouragement, but here is the "Catch 22" that rep tried to depress me with:

He said that I can not separate my Xtra packs that I purchased at different time from my 2018 Pro and would have to transfer all my stuff, not just BIAB Pro.

So basically he said that with my transfer, I will lose my xtra packs which I want to keep.

If you can help me, please do. You should be able to access my contact from your end.

Thanks.
Callie, Kent resolved this, as you mentioned "miscommunication". Thank you for your time.
Callie, Kent resolved this, as you mentioned "miscommunication". Thank you for your time.

I'm happy to read this! I had left the office before you replied to my post on Tuesday, so it's great that Kent was able to resolve the situation for you smile
© PG Music Forums