PG Music Home
Posted By: Raine Chords not playing correctly - 12/08/18 11:23 AM
Hi,

I have BIAB Pro 2018. I tried to create just a basic training background. Just wrote E7b9 or E7alt, which should include b9, #9 (b5, #5) color tones on chords, but it's playing a basic dominanth 7th chord not altering anything. This is a bossanova real tracks style I am using.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Chords not playing correctly - 12/08/18 02:56 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I can attest that BIAB will play those chords; I specialize in Brazilian jazz.

You appear to know the theory, but I'll just touch on that quickly. Both chord types do play the dominant seventh, so that's not the problem. I agree with your description of an altered chord, except that it's unusual to have all those alterations at once. It could play any or all of the four alterations. BIAB uses some artificial intelligence to determine the best choice based on a progression, so I wouldn't expect to hear all four altered tones in one chord.

But I think you are saying you aren't hearing ANY altered notes, so that's a problem, I agree.

Some styles don't support all the chord extensions, so just to double-check, could you tell me exactly which style you selected, so I can test it? Another way is to upload the song file to the Internet and post a link here. Many of us use the free Dropbox and put the song file in a Public folder.

There is a global setting to simplify the chords, and there is the same setting for just the one song. Here are places to check:

1. Options, Preferences, RealTracks, On Jazz RealTracks Jazz up Triads to Sevenths should be checked.
2. Options, Preferences, Overrides. Uncheck all the stuff at the bottom about forcing simple.
3. Do a Ctrl+N to open the Song Settings. Make sure this is NOT checked: Force Song to Simple Arrangement.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Chords not playing correctly - 12/08/18 03:32 PM
Welcome also.

Good information above.

Additionally, experiment with the Natural Arrangement setting. This may assist to give you the result you require.

Attached picture 2018-12-09_05-30-13.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Chords not playing correctly - 12/08/18 05:31 PM
Oh yeah, that too. Good catch. I think that may be set to On by default.
© PG Music Forums