PG Music Home
Posted By: RunAndWrite Problems using BiaB on iphone - 02/13/19 07:15 PM
I have BiaB 2019 for Windows, 64-bit, along with an iPhone 7 running ios 12.14. If I save files into the BB2Go folder, I can find them on my phone, but they make no sound if I play them. Also, if I create a new file from scratch on the phone, I get no sound.

I thought maybe I would have more luck if I generated mp4 files using the BB2GO dialogue on the PC, but when I try to do that, I get a message saying, "Error: QuickTime is not installed. QuickTime is needed for AAC conversion. You can download the latest or previous version of QuickTime at Apple's website. Would you like to go there now?" I have verified that I do indeed have the latest version QuickTime on my computer; for some reason BiaB must not know where to look for it.

Is there anyway to fix this from my end? I was really hoping I would easily be able to transfer BiaB tunes to my phone and play them with the app.
Posted By: tintop Re: Problems using BiaB on iphone - 06/19/19 09:00 AM
Bump!

I would also like to know about this!! Any one?

Martin
Posted By: jazzsax Re: Problems using BiaB on iphone - 06/19/19 07:58 PM
It can be done, I have all of my files on my phone as a backup to my computer in live performances.
In my case the phone is not playing BIAB but just the saved files.
Caviat, my BIAB is on a MacBook Air. Caviat #2, I did this years ago and my 78 yr. old memory may not have all of the details to get this done for you.
My iPhone is a S.E. which I believe is similar to a 7, iOS 12.3.1
I rendered all of the 150 files before transferring them, therefore they cannot be edited once on your phone.
Next they were put in a folder in iTunes, in my case “rendered BIAB ‘17”
On the iPhone, I downloaded Denon audio app from the Apple App Store.
This next part I not sure of but I think that when attaching the phone to my computer,
all that was required is that the folder with the rendered BIAB files was checked for it
to be included with the update.
Once the files were transferred to the Denon app they showed up as “rendered’17”
Opening that you have access to all the BIAB files.
I hope this work with Windows.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Problems using BiaB on iphone - 06/20/19 09:15 AM
I run biab windoze 2019 and have an ios (ipad/iphone) environment for playing out

I have tried the bb2go ios app a few times since it came out.
I do not use it.
There are other apps out there that I find more useful.

So, I use .wav files for playing on my phone/tablet
You can generate these (or mp3's) and then transfer them to an appropriate iphone app.
If you use Icloud you can transfer them there.

For apps there are many wav/mp3 players starting with Itunes.
For more performance/practicing apps I use Anytune Pro. Lots of good features (looping, speed adjustment, set lists).
There are many others.

Hope this helps
Posted By: raf1 Re: Problems using BiaB on iphone - 06/29/19 07:26 PM
Did you download both the m4a and SGU files? I was having the same problem, and when I downloaded the original plus the regenerated file, it started playing.
© PG Music Forums