PG Music Home
I'd be grateful if anyone could shed light on what style or method of chord entry would work for getting close to the intro of a song like Kenny Burrell's Midnight Blue.

The problem is that the bass part in the intro has two syncopations, including one on the first measure of each phrase. I've tried using many styles, mostly based on real tracks, but they all play bass on the beat. I've also tried using 8th note pushes, with and without preceding rests, and this doesn't work very well either.

So is there a way to accomplish this with real tracks? If not, would an all MIDI style work, and which one? And should I be using pushes, or is this something the style should handle?

Thanks!
Well to answer part of my own question, I just tried an all MIDI style that is getting pretty close with the chords entered including 8th note pushes. The style is Jazz Swing Organ Trio (M_ORJAZZ.STY). Still, if anyone knows how to do this with a real tracks style, any info is welcome.
Originally Posted By: velaramon2
Well to answer part of my own question, I just tried an all MIDI style that is getting pretty close with the chords entered including 8th note pushes. The style is Jazz Swing Organ Trio (M_ORJAZZ.STY). Still, if anyone knows how to do this with a real tracks style, any info is welcome.

as per song's memo

( additional comments to follow )

Attached picture Sshot 2019-06-02 at 11.18.27 PM.png
Attached picture Sshot 2019-06-02 at 11.18.52 PM.png
© PG Music Forums