PG Music Home
Posted By: cubalibre Problems with ASIO driver - 06/24/19 08:50 AM
If I open BIAB that uses external audio sk with ASIO driver and after I open youtube or windows media player I don't feel anything anymore. To hear again I have to restart windows. frown
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Problems with ASIO driver - 06/24/19 10:53 AM
ASIO can only be used by one thing at a time. So, if you haven't closed the first program that is using ASIO, it's not available.

HOWEVER... you should be able to go into the properties of the other programs and set them up to grab MME for sound.

My DAW is like this BUT.... all I do is remember that if I'm working with Sonar.... the other programs will run automatically on MME. If I open BB first it grabs ASIO and I must close it before I open Sonar or I get a message about having no drivers. Just a minor inconvenience.
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Problems with ASIO driver - 07/05/19 12:48 PM
It often happens that when I close BIAB, the asio driver is not freed and I can no longer hear the audio in win 10, youtube or win media player. For audio I use an external audio sk behringher with the ASIO driver. The same device is set for both BIAB and win10 audio
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problems with ASIO driver - 07/05/19 08:44 PM
As a test, change your BIAB audio driver to MME? (Follow the instructions at the below link.)

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=461558#Post461558

Do things work correctly now?

Setting audio to MME is always the best place to begin when trying to solve problems.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Problems with ASIO driver - 07/05/19 10:33 PM
What Noel said. Everything you’ve described does not require an ASIO driver anyway. And Herb is correct about ASIO being available to one audio program at a time.
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Problems with ASIO driver - 07/08/19 05:42 PM
Noel,

yes..wovvv....goal.....now with MME driver on BIAB I not have any problem with win media player youtube eccc

Thanks.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problems with ASIO driver - 07/08/19 09:06 PM
Excellent! I'm pleased to hear that everything is working!

What I suggest you do now is to go to the Options menu and save your current setting. Then if problems arise in the future, you can easily get back to this setting where everything works.

All the best,
Noel

© PG Music Forums