PG Music Home
How do I select a particular chorus for playback? It's irritating having to go through the whole song every time I only need to look at the last chorus. The chorus number indication on the chord sheet seems to refer only to how many choruses the song contains.
Hi Bent,

Clicking on the "Timeline" lets you navigate to any location in the song (see the below image).

I prefer to use this in BIAB's Standard Mode. In Full-screen Mode, the timeline is compressed and is challenging to identify bars to click on.

To change between BIAB's view modes, press CTRL+T

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture timeline smaller.jpg
Another way to do this that I prefer is to right/click on a bar and choose from the options in the lower part of the dialog that say something like ‘Play from Chorus 3’.
There are both great tips above. Also, you could unfold your song so that way all choruses are visible. Then you could double click on the bar of the chorus you would like to start at. This is under Edit | Song Form | Unfold.

Attached picture unfold_song.png
Thanks, Noel and Matt!

I have an additional small 'beginners question': How does one get the chord sheet to write Eb and Ab instead of D# and G# ?
/Thanks again, Bent
Originally Posted By: Bent
Thanks, Noel and Matt!

I have an additional small 'beginners question': How does one get the chord sheet to write Eb and Ab instead of D# and G# ?
/Thanks again, Bent

It's a good question. It most likely depends on the key signature that you have set your song in. Have you set that to match your song, as seen below?

Attached picture 2022-03-22_0-37-27.jpg
Here is picture that shows the method that Matt mentioned a few posts above. This is the right-click example, and I right-clicked on bar 6!

Attached picture playfrom.png
And your new question about the enharmonically equal chord spelling was well answered by AudioTrack. However, there are still cases where there are other options. For example, the overall key of the song may be one thing, but the section where you are having trouble is a place where the song modulated. That may require insertion of a new key signature. If you still have a problem, give use more detail, or attach the problem song, and we can help further.
Thanks Matt (and the rest of you guys), I really appreciate your helpfulness!
/Bent
© PG Music Forums