PG Music Home
I found this video pretty entertaining.

https://youtu.be/ZaAv5AiBRgY
Tried to check it out but the link leads to a message saying the article is no longer available, or something like that. Would like to have read it. Thanks anyway.
I found a YouTube link that works and fixed it in the original post.
Wow - that was incredibly interesting to watch! I had no idea - thanks for sharing smile
So... They go through 14 different singers before they find someone who sounds just like the songwriter... but they can't use the songwriter to do the vocals. crazy

Actually, it makes sense from a commercial point of view, because you need someone who can tour, sing, and promote it. All of which requires a special set of skills.

But still. tired
What a cool find. Thanks for sharing!
I'm actually doing some work with a band that they Monsters and Strangerz work with. None of them are the bands listed of course and I've never met or worked with them. Still feeling kind of good about the opportunity though.

This may be the article you are looking for. There is a lot of good information in it; and I would really debate the 10 minute written and produced wink

The Middle
Great video. A lot of talented people. Interesting how many people do demos with 'autotune'. I kind of expected normal singing and 'autotune' added as an effect at some point in the mix. Weird. I'm so over 'autotune' but it's everywhere.
Hear To Learn,

Interesting article. What I noticed is how many times I read something along the line of "so and so did the demo, (then there was) the finish demo (and finally) someone sent (the singer or a DJ producer) to create the vocal track". Really?

What's the difference between a demo and a finish demo?

If an artist takes it upon themselves to record a song and the artist is satisfied why does a DJ producer and the vocalist have to meet and re-record the vocal track?
© PG Music Forums