Posted By: pghboemike Writing An Epic Melody - 09/19/18 09:55 AM
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Writing An Epic Melody - 09/19/18 11:30 PM

This was Epic!!!!
Posted By: sslechta Re: Writing An Epic Melody - 09/20/18 10:10 AM
3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7 3 7
Posted By: MarioD Re: Writing An Epic Melody - 09/20/18 10:36 AM
Excellent find.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Writing An Epic Melody - 09/20/18 12:31 PM
Wow - this was a wonderful video! Very introspective, and she broke it down really well. Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Writing An Epic Melody - 09/20/18 12:41 PM
Besides the crazy funny factor, this does not make a lot of sense. Usually when discussing intervals in a melody you are talking about notes of the scale of the song, not notes in a chord in the song.

In the chorus, she uses every note of the E scale EXCEPT the 7th, and the predominant sound at first is the riffing on the third and fourth.

Then she riffs on B and A.

On the C#7 chord (second chord in the chorus) the note she hits is a B, which is the 5. Of course that is the 7th of a C#, but it's like a 7th chord yo. Epic!

Then when she hits the B7 or B/D# chord a few bars later in her epic journey she hits a C# in that chord on the word "just"....more than just a friend...whereas if it has been a straight B7 she would have hit the D# which is the seventh of the scale. The A note does not appear (the 7th of the chord).

So what makes it lovely here is the 6th of the scale, not the seventh, no matter how you slice it.

So no, not really.

But this was EPIC!!!!!!!

Side Note: She does not hit the D# anywhere in the chorus at all.

So, I guess I am not sure what she was talking about but it was Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: sslechta Re: Writing An Epic Melody - 09/20/18 01:00 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
So, I guess I am not sure what she as talking about but it was Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.... Epic indeed. Bill and Ted reunion, anyone?
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Writing An Epic Melody - 09/20/18 01:30 PM
Put me in Steve!!

BUT, it is gonna take a lot of something special to get us to that level of high on music.

I bet that lady is crazy fun at a party though.

But I'm ready for the journey--IN MY MIND!!! HA HA HA HA HA! WHOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Kajun Jeaux Re: Writing An Epic Melody - 09/23/18 02:06 AM
Interesting thoughts. Thanks for the video.....
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Writing An Epic Melody - 10/07/18 07:22 PM
Really cool find! Thanks for sharing this with us!
© PG Music Forums