PG Music Home
Hey Y'all,

I just got put on ReverbNation's Best New Alternative Music list with some hard-core peeps. Do me a solid if you can and click and it will help me out. I posted it on the song forum too just to cover my bases because I think this makes a good point about songwriting AND producing with BIAB. This the only time I will double post like this in this manner, but I am trying to make a point about the high quality of the music we can do here.

And, the song was posted here first.

The song is that one Heaven Here that some of you seemed to like. This shows that you can do a legit recording using these tools, you do not have to argue about what these tools can do, and out of 3.7 million people, YOUR song can get out there in the world with all those young hip cats.

https://www.reverbnation.com/scm/2367-best-new-alternative-music

I rest my case.

I am going to post this on songwriters forum too, just to say, you CAN do MODERN with BIAB. If this list isn't modern I don't know what is.
Done. Great song. Says what I think.

Thanks Yo, Tangmo!

smile
Yep, this tune is deadly. Always love your vocals, David.

Cheers,
Kent
PG Music
Well done David. Sounds great. Rob
Way to go, mate, way to go! cool
Congrats David, this is HUGE!!!
What strikes me as funny is out of all the folks in that list, your track says something meaningful......IMHO.

Congrats!
IMHO this is the best that you have ever done.

Great work David.
Heaven Here is stunning - what an absolute commercial gem!
I LOVE it! Want to hear it over and over.

Standing O David.

Thanks Kent!

That means the world to me man!

Thanks for teaching how to use Real Band back in 2014.

smile

Thanks Rob!

Thanks Eddie!

Hopefully we will all continue to rock it to the core this year and next.

Or, like forever--and stuff...

smile

Thanks Deacon!

Cheers to you too!!!

smile
Sounds Great!!!

...Deb

Thanks JCS!

Thank you Josie, that is so sweet! I am so glad you like it!
That is a great song, David.

Congratulations, and well-done.

Great writing, and a great performance, and production.

Can you provide some details as to what you played yourself, and what you did with BIAB?

I will also do a search here to find this.

What a great song. Your voice puts me in mind a little of Graham Parker.

EDIT - David, I have listened to 'Heaven Here' (in this latest incarnation, and some of the other versions) about 5 times so far, and am going back to listen more.

If I cannot sleep tonight because the song is going through my head, I will hold you responsible wink
Hey Dugrat,

Thanks! Here is the first post with all the track info in it at the bottom.

This was actually a good lesson in the overall combination of the product and the forum.

Insofar as playing I used the tracks in the OP, adding in additional instruments for verse two, as you will see.

I played the main acoustic however, finger style, to give it a really "snappy" feel...so the main guitar you hear is me. BIAB is the bed, actually two beds, starting on verse two.

Several forum members such as Noel Adams were a great help to me in coaching me through a version two, giving feedback as I worked on it, and their feedback was invaluable.

Thanks so much for listening and I hope this helps.

Here is my original post with all you need.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=485009#Post485009
Hi David,
Many thanks for your reply.
© PG Music Forums