Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#410049 04/30/17 07:11 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
One (Audio)

This song has a simple message, kind of a reminder to myself also: small thoughtful words can be of great importance to someone and one true fan is more valuable than number of listeners or likes in the social media.

Thanks again to Miira for her great vocals. At first I thought that this song would not fit her voice, but she managed to sing so well that I don't have to look for another singer.

RealDrums: Rock Modern Sync
RealTracks:
Electric bass: #1849
Acoustic guitar: #793
Electric guitar: #2448 (DI+Amplitube 3), #2444, #795, #796, #2756
String quartet: #2334
Acoustic piano: #1422

Vocals: Miira (audio harmonies used in chorus parts generated by BIAB)

Mixed in Adobe Audition 2017

Video edited in Premiere Pro, animations done in After Effects, chord video naturally exported from BIAB smile

Lyrics:

You don't need a crowd to praise you
when you play guitar
You only need one to tell you
how important you are
you only need one to find you
among brighter stars
to show you your worth
you are her caviar.

Often I look for more favor
but I am too blind to see my own greed
one is enough for the blessing of life
I already have what I really need.

You don't have to live from the likes
of the virtual mind
you only need one whose feedback
is thoughtful and kind
you only need one who follows
the path you've designed
who's honest and real
and won't leave you behind.

[Chorus]

I still cling to the fleeting moments
those time grains in a sandglass,
I should seek the rare things
that won't go with the first tide
dissolve when decades pass
but stay by your side.

Are you the one not afraid of
throwing herself out off the safe ground?
Are you the one who wants to dive deep
knowing there's a pearl waiting to be found?

-
Janne

Last edited by jannesan; 04/30/17 08:04 PM.

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #410137 04/30/17 11:33 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne

Very nice composition and a clever video clip.
Excellent work all round.

Peter

jannesan #410165 05/01/17 04:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool song!

I love where the melody and chords go

some unexpected but beautiful turns

very nice vocals

Super mix, super song

enjoyed the video too

Kenny

jannesan #410172 05/01/17 04:47 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Super song and video. Loved the vocal and backtrack well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
jannesan #410189 05/01/17 06:14 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Miira and Janne,

Very nice song with an interesting chord pattern. Miira has such a lovely voice. And yes, this song is a perfect fit for her voice. Everything works so good in this recording - the backing tracks, the chord pattern, Miira's voice - everything.

We enjoyed this very much. Best to both of you,

Alan & Di

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

jannesan #410393 05/02/17 07:52 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
small thoughtful words can be of great importance to someone and one true fan is more valuable than number of listeners or likes in the social media................AMEN!!! This is beautifully done!! I think Mira is perfect for it. It has sort of a Cranberries vibe. Very pleasant, very melodic, and well arranged/mixed. Excellent job with this one!! Take care. Greg

PeterF #410394 05/02/17 07:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Very nice composition and a clever video clip.
Excellent work all round.

Peter

Thanks Peter for your kind words, and thanks liking also the video smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

44kfl #410398 05/02/17 08:01 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Cool song!
I love where the melody and chords go
some unexpected but beautiful turns
very nice vocals
Super mix, super song
enjoyed the video too
Kenny

Thanks Kenny for your nice feedback, especially about the vocals and video smile I'm really glad you found the chord turns beautiful smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #410408 05/02/17 10:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,

This is very nice! Miira's voice and way of singing strongly reminds me of the female singer of the cranberries (Dolores).
Good and thorough musical arrangement.

Rob

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

jannesan #410492 05/02/17 03:12 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne, beautiful song! Great sound all around with excellent vocals and I really like those chord changes in the chorus (very creative and melodic) Thanks, Torrey

jannesan #410605 05/03/17 08:23 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Jannesan, Beautiful work with this! Great form and lyrics too. A really great reminder for everyone doing creative work too. Thank you for sharing this with us! smile

Cheers,
Joe
Scott C #410742 05/04/17 06:11 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Super song and video. Loved the vocal and backtrack well done

Thanks Scott for your kind words, especially about the video and vocals smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Al-David #410744 05/04/17 06:15 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Miira and Janne,

Very nice song with an interesting chord pattern. Miira has such a lovely voice. And yes, this song is a perfect fit for her voice. Everything works so good in this recording - the backing tracks, the chord pattern, Miira's voice - everything.

We enjoyed this very much. Best to both of you,

Alan & Di

Thanks Alan & Di, I'm really glad to hear you liked the song and Miira's voice smile And mentioning the chord pattern, twice, makes me happy also wink Hope you to hear more songs from you, too.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #410956 05/05/17 03:21 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Janne

Very good song as usual.
Very nice melody with very nice chord progression.
I especially love the bridge melody.
Mira's vocal is very very pleasant.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Greg Johnson #410992 05/06/17 12:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
small thoughtful words can be of great importance to someone and one true fan is more valuable than number of listeners or likes in the social media................AMEN!!! This is beautifully done!! I think Mira is perfect for it. It has sort of a Cranberries vibe. Very pleasant, very melodic, and well arranged/mixed. Excellent job with this one!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg for commenting and quoting my words blush Interesting reference to Cranberries, I haven't listened to them much before, but now I'm going to. Glad to hear that you think Miira is perfect for this.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

RnAM #410993 05/06/17 12:15 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
This is very nice! Miira's voice and way of singing strongly reminds me of the female singer of the cranberries (Dolores).
Good and thorough musical arrangement.
Rob

Thanks Rob for liking smile I'm now listening to new Cranberries album, so hopefully I can hear the connection between Dolores and Miira.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Torrey Bliss #410994 05/06/17 12:18 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Janne, beautiful song! Great sound all around with excellent vocals and I really like those chord changes in the chorus (very creative and melodic) Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey for your positive words smile Nice that you mentioned the chord changes, I always try to have something that doesn't follow the usual paths.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Joe -PG Music #411186 05/07/17 09:29 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi Jannesan, Beautiful work with this! Great form and lyrics too. A really great reminder for everyone doing creative work too. Thank you for sharing this with us! smile

Thanks Joe for commenting and liking the song and its message smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

animarorecords #411187 05/07/17 09:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Very good song as usual.
Very nice melody with very nice chord progression.
I especially love the bridge melody.
Mira's vocal is very very pleasant.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you Shigeki for your kind comment smile I'm pleased you liked the chord progression and the bridge melody - I'm satisfied with it also, because it is bit unusual, but still close to my own style.

Janne

Last edited by jannesan; 05/07/17 10:08 AM.

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #411190 05/07/17 10:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,

Great song! Love the rhythm in this - excellent job!

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,594
Members38,497
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY
38,496 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193