C
Alton Brown Haggis Video

No offense but I think I'll pass.

Don S.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Don,

I now present the award for the most hiliarious video of the day, ........ (drum roll), ............

It goes to........Curmudgeon!!!!!!!!

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Quote:

I now present the award for the most hiliarious video of the day, ........ (drum roll), ............

It goes to........Curmudgeon!!!!!!!!

I humbly accept.

Don S.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
i'm waiting forrrrr grrrraham and georrrrge nelllllson to weigh in on this one. very hilarious, otherrrr don. thanks forrrr the chuckle.

graham, me wee mum was scot so i intend no offense, just clean fun.

please post your recipe.

Off-Topic
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It's one of those meals that a small amount goes a very long way. It's definately an aquired taste. You can get haggis in cans in certain parts of the US. Quite decent too from what I've heard.

furry #100998 01/11/11 04:12 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Furry,

I don't want it from a can! Fresh from a Scottish grill!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
seems that every race/nationality has a dish that calls for an 'acquired taste' such as chitterlings, norwegian krube, korean kimchee, finnish mooyaka, etc. i find it interesting that, once we acquire a taste for them, they become a sort of delicacy. i can't confirm this but i'm told that chop suey originated in san francisco and means leftovers. lol

* i spelled those dishes phonetically, cut me some slack.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Don,

Quote:

seems that every race/nationality has a dish that calls for an 'acquired taste' such as chitterlings, norwegian krube, korean kimchee, finnish mooyaka, etc.

That's chit'lins! I ain't familiar with the other'ns.

Off-Topic
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Bob did you say Scottish Grill or GIRL hee hee hee

furry #101002 01/16/11 06:09 AM
Off-Topic
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Definately not offended,but very amused at the poor attempt at the Scottish accent, it's as bad as some of us lot attempting American accents it just doesn't work. LOL LOL LOL LOL.
It's sad how some folk on youtube can be offended by the least little thing and seem hell bent on causing trouble with every post they make. Believe me I've blocked a number of users over the last three years.

furry #101003 01/16/11 06:53 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Furry, don't know how far the Brit slang goes north but this conversation happened on the way home, fittingly in my Mini Cooper. I read way too much, like a book a day, and a lot of English books...

Wife.."Oh Dear, I want to look fit when we go to England"

Daughter (who's spent about a year in Kent) "Giggle..Giggle..."

Me.."Mom needs some new kit then..." Now we both are LOA'sO. A lot.

Wife is getting mad...and so the daughter tells her.."Mom fit means for you ..sexy!"

Wife "and kit....????"

Daughter.."well like clothes...gear..."

Now I have to take the wife shopping, I think I'm just sending the two of them and footing the bill..."!

You gotta excuse the wife. 1/2 Scots and 1/2 French. I gotta get her to Colonsay on a Wednesday. 27 of April, or we miss the weekly ferry. You can stay 6 hours though! I hope the other MacNeils appreciate it. I've got the MacDonalds to thank for burning our house and putting us on a boat, just like the Nicholsons did to the rest on Skye. Turns out they did us a favour. I hope we can get haggis in seaweed, there's no seaweed here!

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
furry Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Depends John. This time of year the Haggi tend to be scurrying round the waters edge, once April May comes in The wee b*ggers are up on the hills chasing the stags LOL LOL LOL
Their two left legs are shorter then their two right ones. That means they don't run around the hills lopsided Hah hah. In the year 1275, they gave the Scots a choice of oil or haggi, the oil will run out eventually, but the Scots will aye have their Haggis.
Anyone mad enough to read this and believe it had better get medical help quick

furry #101005 01/17/11 04:07 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Nothing I've not heard before...the stories of the wild haggi. Some friends of mine, one in particular who's from the West Coast of Scotland has developed a thicker accent in Canada according to others. And he's an expert at the Burns Supper. Wee Willy, the ode and such. Ya canna unnerstand him 'e anglish let alone e bonnie auld scots my trusty frere.

I'm doing my best to harden my legs to walking for our trip. Not much progress, I'm gonna use a stick. Ach well...I'll see some sights anyway.

Once done in the highlands we are headed to France see if it's true that French Ragout makes you spew.

But, mark the rustic, haggis-fed;
The trembling earth resounds his tread,
Grasp in his ample hands a flail
He'll make it whistle,
Stout legs and arms that never fail,
Proud as the thistle.

You powers that make mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill of fare.
Old Scotland wants no stinking ware,
That slops in dishes;
But if you grant her grateful prayer,
Give her a haggis!

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
john, i certainly hope you get to meet graham over in that beautiful part of the world. i know you want to walk it but consider one of those electric scooters in the event you tire out. they are reasonably priced, about 300 loonies, for an adequate model. that would keep you on the ice longer. please take lots of pics to share with us. if you jam with graham, get us some good audio on your digital recorder.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm supposed to go over to the shopping mall today for a 'stroll' It's -3F this morning so I'm waiting. A storm is coming and it's going up to 30F by supper. You should see all the Canuck seniors who use the mall as a way to walk without dealing with the snow. The plow went by during the night and the road is smooth now, but I can't get my feet cold or I have problems. Why did I ever think I needed to save all that money so I could have a good time and then find out I have these limitations. Always wanted to see Paris in the springtime, and we are almost there. I just need to get some mobility back. I finally have accepted the deafness. I have quit telling people I'm sorry for not getting what they say, why am I sorry? I've learned the art of quizzical facial expressions. The not feeling my fingertips or feet and the associated burning is driving me mad. Only about 10 percent of people who had my type of cancer make it a year, and I'm 2 months short of a year now, so I'm hoping things keep on the level. And I've people to visit in England, Scotland, the Netherlands and France. Very cool. I've got the tickets, the first hotel booked and all the maps and guidebooks.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199