Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Apprentice
Apprentice
I said this for years now. I would like to enter more than 4 cords per measure, at least twice that amount. Also, for 3/4, 6/8 timing, have at least 6 cords per measure spread out evenly. That would be a huge wow factor.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Mac would definitely make money on that deal. I know he said once he stores some of these answers (for a book someday?). Not only does he have a great collection of tremendously helpful info (his and others) stored ready to draw on, but often people ask similar questions. It's a moneymaker.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
A dollar???......the word "priceless" comes to mind.............

Cheers,
Keith
F
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
F
1) the MAC button would be sweeeet!
2) More Real Tracks.....New Varieties (Real Hammond B-3 for Jazz, Real Wah Wah Guitar for funk, Real Horn Section, blah blah) and also more choices within the genres such as more variety of tempos!!
3) Solo Piano Arranger!!!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I think Band in a Box is plenty of incredible rich features, and version 2009 still in that cool way!. I like some features exposed here for sure! like support for multiple VSTs, more jazz, smooth, pop and brazilian focused RTs.

What more I could love in BiaB 2010: ( maybe a little odd wishes, please, dont think of me as a obsessed audio nerd )

- Send and receive of MIDI time code/clock or SMPTE sync commands in order get BiaB synchronized with daws like Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, Protools, etc. Example: sometimes I play and send BiaB midi data on fly to Cubase in my laptop, or in the same PC via a virtual midi cable loopback (Midiyoke or similar), then set and match Cubase midi tracks with BiaB instruments midi channels and assign differents VSTi to each one in Cubase, great! until you figure out that BiaB can´t be synchronized to external midi/audio sequencers, therefore there is not possible time sync play/record. Of course I export MIDI files from BiaB to my daws for post-production, but there is a lot of fun implied when BiaB is used like a master sequencer.

- Multiple audio port driver (ASIO) or independent dx/vst plugins routing . Currently only one stereo audio outs can be selected in BiaB, despite the audio card is multiple outs featured, for example , my M-Audio Delta 1010 card . This advanced feature Itself could let to send RDs, RTs and BiaB audio track to different outs each. Example: sometimes I record my guitar as a dry not processed signal in BiaB audio track in order, to later on, to apply my favorite guitar amp simulator VST plugin, but then RDs audio is also processed for the guitar plugin because both, audio track and RDs use the same audio route. An APR, After Plugin Routing button (similar to audio mixers AFL) for each audio source, at a point in the BiaB signal path after the Dx/VST plugin could work great.
- Multiple undos
- A fix for simultaneous audio and midi recording bug, (midi is not recorded while audio does perfectly) although I hope it be fixed in next 2009 revs.
- RV (Real Video) . Automatic generation of user performance videoclip matched to style and mood, then YouTubeit. For example, if you play a Western movie song in your BiaB you would be featured in an instant generated video dressed like a cowboy and playing banjo or fiddle. Dont want imagine If lambada or reggaeton....

Best!

Carlos

...sorry for my sometimes entangled english wording ....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My demo song of Overloud TH1 , composed in BiaB, using a custom hybrid style.
Mina Sambinha another song created and recorded entirely in BiaB

Last edited by jazzpick; 01/23/09 04:05 AM.
Apprentice
Apprentice
As requested many times before, RealBackupSingers, to get that Beach Boys harmony sound. And some wicked Surf Guitar RealTracks. And a set of compatible styles that can be aggregated in RB or another sequencer to overcome the BIAB song track limitation to help create a Spectorian "Wall of Sound". Wouldn't that be nice?

www.LawTunes.com: The LawTunes - The Musical Scales of Justice - Original Lawyer Rock & Roll
www.SurfChords.com: The SurfChords - The Endless Summer Continues and The Wave Never Ends
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

As requested many times before, RealBackupSingers, to get that Beach Boys harmony sound. And some wicked Surf Guitar RealTracks. And a set of compatible styles that can be aggregated in RB or another sequencer to overcome the BIAB song track limitation to help create a Spectorian "Wall of Sound". Wouldn't that be nice?

We will soon find out if Spector will start producing in front of a different wall...I know several people who worked with him back in the day, total nut case. Very creative obviously, but with several loose screws.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
C
C
I would like to see some more RealDrum styles, particularly something in a New Orleans groove, like the Meters, or Little Feat type of thing. Also, I need more RealTracks in more tempos, lots more acoustic bass in a bunch of styles, and real strings would be awesome (I don't know that it is even possible, though). Is there a real vibe track yet? That would definitely be cool. I would like to see improved endings and intros, holds and shots with the RD's and RT's. Find a way to make the real bass do pedals. I haven't been able to get mine to do it.

Craig

Yes, the current 2009 choro is nothing like choro that I've been playing. I would recommend that you look at brazilian mandolin, cavoquino, pandiero, and a 7 string guitar, or 6 string with bass. There is musical notation available that details the bass runs the guitar is doing beneath the melody.

Veteran
Veteran
A Canadian version. LOL.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Expert
Expert

Besides more of wider expansion of all the new Real packages and the fixing of those new issues I would still like some of the old outstanding wish list to be cleared up -

1. We have 2-4-8 bar auto intro's but only 2 bar auto endings

2. Multi ports

3. Increased undo's
jazzman

BIAB - RealBand - 2022
Windows 10 64
Zoo computer with 7i processor- SSD 1TB -2TB HDD
Roland keyboards
D
D
What about the ability to 'hold' a note or chord? I'd love to hear a song end with a chord or note ringing out or fading out. But not just at the end of a song. Anywhere in a song would be great.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

David Navarro
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
Improved endings. My primary use with BIAB is live performance. On many of the styles, I wish I could specify an ending that would hold and then fade out, especially the bass. How about a template of various endings to select from that could be appended and saved to a particular arrangement?

H
H
1) The ability to send MIDI change information to external devices, while using the VST/DXi Synth feature (re: the following support email from BB)
You must keep in mind that this setup will not produce any sound, since all the MIDI is sent to the vocal harmonizer. Band-in-a-Box can send MIDI to only one port, so alternatively, you might want to use RealBand.Thank-You,Blake PG Music Inc.
2) Focus on features designed for the live GiGs.
- Easy set-up of playlists (without changing the names of the songs to get them to play in a certain order)
- A live gig style jukebox where I can set the amount of time between song playback, or better yet control it by a foot control.
- Programmable PC keyboard keys for things like volume up/down
(currently that feature requires two hands on my PC)
3) When creating a new song using Real Tracks, it takes alot of time to keep rebuilding the song (during the process of reviewing the song over and over), so if there was a way to do a partial build so only a bass or piano part is only being generated each time... then have the option to do a full generation.

A
Art Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
A
I’d like to see the “Record Melody / Record From” window have an optional button or switch somewhere in the window which would give the window the ability to remember the last “Record From Bar #” entered.

As it is now, the user is forced to manually enter the original "From Bar #", upon stopping every unsuccessful take.

Upon stopping an unsuccessful take, with the proposed optional “Remember From Bar #” button activated, the program would automatically whisk itself back to whatever bar number was last entered and then be ready to record the next take. (The last bar # that was entered would auto-retained or automatically re-entered or pasted and the program would thereby be ready to record the next take.)

Not only would this option be a great convenience to have during the recording of multiple takes, it would significicantly speed up the process of recording where multiple takes are necessary to achieve that sucessful take.

A-Matt

None of us knows what all of us knows.
J
Expert
Expert
J
Peter: How about considering some Django guitar backup tracks for the following styles:
j_django.sty, j_djang2.sty, d!~htclb and j!~club

The midi really sounds great on my Yamaha SW1000 sound card but I can imagine what Real Tracks would sound like! John Jorgenson would be the artist you need to lay down the tracks. Simply one of the best there is now.

Thanks

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Journeyman
Journeyman
1. Key changes. A real key change so that the I,IV,V display is updated.

2. User defined chords. Don't worry if the auto-generation scheme stops working for now. We don't just use BIAB to autogenerate parts.

3. Make ACW smarter to guess chords better. Make ACW do a better job timing at the start of the song. Yes, the lead in is usually slower, but don't cut it off completely. Let user specify beginning of song, then save all audio, then beginning of NormalTime. Alternatively, have the option of LeadInStartPoint.

4. Let ACW support standard .mp3 files, so we don't have to convert every time, or have to answer the question if we want to convert to Stereo or Mono.

Finally, I have found a cool signature with sufficiently dry humor.
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

1. Key changes. A real key change so that the I,IV,V display is updated.

2. User defined chords. Don't worry if the auto-generation scheme stops working for now. We don't just use BIAB to autogenerate parts.

The Roman Numerals should not change when the key sig is changed.

The I in the key of C is still I in the Key of F (or any other key) even though they have two different letter names.

I think you are after "Fixed Do" numerics, though.

--Mac

G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G
I would like to see user assignable keyboard shortcuts.

Expert
Expert
I know it`s hard to do, but:

* Kicks with Real instruments

Serveral Kick situations (shots, holds, etc), so you can have some accents / shots with the real instruments.

Also a simple hold function, where the chord is held over at least one bar would be nice.
Especially for endings, I wish that the Real drums were able to do the usual rolls over the cymbals and toms at the end.

* A Drums Solo

I know one can work around this by pasting the trade 4 (4 bar solso) at one another in Real Band, but thats quite some effort and hard to do in BB.

* Multiple VSTi support

"GuitarVersum" YouTube Channel: Jazz Chord Melody Tutorials
Jazz Guitar Lessons | Jazz Guitar Gear Reviews
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkT05N04ICdHgmDZrGYz-5A

Lesson Shop:
https://guitarversum.com/shop

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195