Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Journeyman
Journeyman
Real Horns would be great (Earth Wind and Fire, Tower of Power, etc... as would real Backup Vocals (even long tones.) Some more Real Tracks (as others requested, B3, vibes, etc.) I'd like to see some Real Tracks that mimic specific artists (whose licks are well-documented) like Bird.

Jan - 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Basic Oohs and Ahhs!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:

Focus on features designed for the live GiGs.
- Easy set-up of playlists (without changing the names of the songs to get them to play in a certain order)
- A live gig style jukebox where I can set the amount of time between song playback, or better yet control it by a foot control.

I set up playlists without changing the names of songs by doing the following:
1. Click on the favorite songs button (the "F" between the "Song" button and song title box
2. Use the buttons on right (Append, Insert, Up, Down, etc.) to arrange the set as desired
3. Save the set (all you have to do is name it) To load it later, just click on "Load Set" and select the desired set.

Then I play these songs in a Jukebox mode by clicking on the bottom button on the right side of the Favorite Songs dialog box ("Juke...") and then "Play Jukebox" on the dialog box that pops up. I use an automatic pause after each song by going to Prefs>Arrange, and make sure the box is checked beside "Pause Play Until MIDI or Key received".

I use a footswitch to start each song whenever I'm ready; they will automatically load and wait for your command to begin playing. You can order a programmable USB footswitch for $36 plus shipping from Delcom at http://www.delcomproducts.com/productdetails.asp?productnum=803650. It works great. (Thanks to Mac for this tip.)

In BIAB Prefs I have the spacebar set to "Play from start." I program the footswitch to replicate the spacebar.

Good luck,
JK

Jim
Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T
I know some have mentioned this, but I'll add to the choir:

Solo Piano generator editor

Fantasy requests that will never get fullfilled:

Being able to create your own melody writer

Being able to created your own soloist

Counterpoint in the harmony generator

More realistic wishes that may be fullfilled soon:

Dobro realtracks soloist
Pedal steel realtracks soloist
More clean guitar realtracks soloists
Jazzy melodic realtracks harmonica soloist - i.e. toots thielman
Melodic violin realtracks soloist - not fiddle - aka more classical

anyway, since everybody is stating what they would like, I figued I'd add to the pile...

D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
I'd like to see;

Real Cello background and Melody
Real Accordian, even though cranking up chorus helps now.
Real Strings background.
Real voice background
Real violin on styles other than country and bluegrass
Real Brass section with a wide variety of tempos and styles

If I think of any more I'll be back.

Denny

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Real Fender-Rhodes piano
Real Strings
Real horns (R&B: trpt/sax/bone) ?
And I'll second the motion for just some simple "Oooo's" & "Ahhhh's" voices...

I saw someone mention some New Orleans/"Little Feat" styles...and how about some "Dr. John" styles...

The current RealTracks have some incredible bossa styles, but little in the way of jazz samba, jazz rhumba feels...

"You play pretty good--for a girl."
Veteran
Veteran
I haven't read anything in this thread and have no intention of doing so.

I kinda giggle every time I see "Expert" under my name on anything I post. All it means is I talk a lot here. I know a little about my instrument and analog recording and sound, but BIAB? "Baseball bin berry, berry good to me."

When I start feeling like I have some control over the embarrassment of riches I've been handed with each previous version of BIAB I own, I'll worry about asking for more.*

Yeh. This is me, holding my breath. If anybody calls, tell 'em to ask for "Blue Boy."

R.

*(Okay, Rewire, but that's being addressed. And let's do away with the 255-bar limit; that should have happened long ago. That's all I need. And my Thermos. And this stool. But that's it.)

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
S
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
S
1. Long overdue: Multiple level undos

2. When switching from an EV style to a swing style, melody and solo tracks will be automagically updated to swing 8th notes.

I always find it tedious to transcribe a song with complex structure from paper into biab. 2 main issues: (1) the bar numbering on paper doesn't match biab's. (2) cut-and-pasting bars within biab too manual, too error prone. So, it will be very handy if:

3. On the top of biab's internal numbering, biab allows me to label the bars with my own numbering.

4. Drag-and-drop to cut-and-paste bars.

Thanks.

Veteran
Veteran
What *I* would like is an easy 'Save' Option.

What I mean by that is a Save where I can save everything with one click. I don't have to go into Alt-F2 to save Harmonies, and I don't have to go into the Soloist to save Soloist settings with the song, and if I want the 'Strings' Real Tracks part to stay muted, along with the melody, it'll do just that when I open the file the next time.

I would also love to have the Real Tracks parts saved so that I can use the Jukebox feature to go from one song to the next without having to wait up to a minute between songs for the Real Tracks to load.

Now, I'm not even sure if we can do half the stuff I've asked for now, but it would be so nice to get the Real Tracks the way I want them, the parts muted, volumes, pans, and such set, and then press ONE button that saves everything. Then, when I go to open that track again, it's exactly the way it was when I left it. Even opening the same track from the bottom of the File Menu won't do that after I've closed the program.

To me, this is the hardest thing about using BIAB for a live situation, you have to spend so much time between the songs trying to get it set up for the next song, that your audience, or even yourself, loses interest.

Have a Save 1, Save 2, and Save 3 button. The Save 1 does exactly what it does now, Save 2 is like the Save with Harmonies, and Save 3 keeps EVERYTHING just as you have it.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Veteran
Veteran
Gary, this is a very good idea. I don't recall anyone stating this before, and certainly not as clearly.

I can't count how many times I have had to post to someone to Save with Patches & Harmony but do it WHILE the song is playing... We take that sort of thing for granted, but it can confound a new user.

+1

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
J
I'd like to see a stream lined version for musicians on the job and a separate version for home enthusiasts, students and teachers.

Expert
Expert
Hi JMatt

I see what you are getting at

Some time ago I suggested that a great feature would be to couple or uncouple features so that you could have a full version or your own slimmed down version for gigging
jazzman

BIAB - RealBand - 2022
Windows 10 64
Zoo computer with 7i processor- SSD 1TB -2TB HDD
Roland keyboards
Veteran
Veteran
If it's already been said, ignore me.

Would love to add a button to re-render the entire arrangement. When I save my arrangement the first time, I'd like it to stay that way and not re-render everything when you open it up and hit play. Simply avoid re-rendering anytime you press play. Only re-render on demand. I know you can do that with RT's - change one and "generate", but I wish the rest to stay the same when I hit that play button.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by MikeK; 08/06/09 01:51 PM.

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hi JMatt

I see what you are getting at

Some time ago I suggested that a great feature would be to couple or uncouple features so that you could have a full version or your own slimmed down version for gigging
jazzman

I have suggested a feature that would allow users to customize menus for the controls that were essential to their needs.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

Would love to add a button to re-render the entire arrangement. When I save my arrangement the first time, I'd like it to stay that way and not re-render everything when you open it up and hit play. Simply avoid re-rendering anytime you press play. Only re-render on demand. I know you can do that with RT's - change one and "generate", but I wish the rest to stay the same when I hit that play button.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike,

If I get what it is that you want, it is already there in the form of the RePlay button, located just to the right of the Play button.

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike,

If I get what it is that you want, it is already there in the form of the RePlay button, located just to the right of the Play button.

--Mac

You are correct, Mac. What I was "trying" to say is: once you haven an arrangement you like and save it then re-open it, hitting play regenerates the arrangement and it turns out slightly different than the one you originally saved.

Maybe, I explained it better this time.

Cheers,
Mike

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Mike, after you re-open the arrangement press REPLAY and it will play exactly like you saved it.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hi Mike, after you re-open the arrangement press REPLAY and it will play exactly like you saved it.

Wow thanks! I had NO idea! Appreciate it!

Cheers,
Mike

Cheers,
Mike

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I think that you will find that you still have to wait on RealTracks/RealDrums generation, though.

Just tried it with some of the pgmusic RealTracks demos and that is the case here.

The "Freeze" function may do the trick for you though, as well as converting the entire song to audio mp3 and placing it on the Audio track, muting all the others using Save with Patches and Harmony and not checking them to play.

--Mac

C
Expert
Expert
C
Since RealDrums came into existence, we've had the capability (after checking the appropriate box on the RealDrums Settings window) to have BIAB make a decision about which choice for drums would be "best...i.e., not bad" to use in place of the MIDI drums that came with the initial MIDI file (and this works the same for a BIAB file)...and, of course, it makes the substitution automatically. Of course, this can be over-ridden by the user if they wish to do their selection manually.

It would be nice to have a similar capability for RealTracks substitutions, particularly to support quick "backporch" type practice sessions whereby you would like something better than the MIDI instruments but would tolerate (actually "prefer" in many cases hopefully) substituted RealTracks that might not be the optimal had you taken the many minutes to "listen to examples, re-try some over others, etc." as a part of a much longer selection process that you would typically use in putting together something for an actual gig (so I'm talking about a "first order approximation" here....cough, cough). Even this "automatic substitute" process would still take some time for the automatic selection and loading time, but I could envision a folder of say 30 tunes that I plan to practice with for several hours (or the next few days). It would be nice to turn on the selection capability to be applied to a particular folder while I go do a chore or two (or overnight if needed).....i.e., it finishes in 30 minutes or an hour or so (depending on how many files you have in the folder) and is ready to go after that. Again, I'm talking primarily for use in practice sessions or an impromptu session with a couple friends (i.e., non-gig stuff).....and the substitutions would happen only for identical type instruments (i.e., a MIDI fiddle is replaced with a RealTracks fiddle, a MIDI acoustic guitar is replaced with a RealTracks acoustic guitar, etc.).

Actually, as more and more RealTracks are added, if the above was done with "careful foresight -- already an inherent part of PGMusic's operations", it seems to me it could evolve into a really nice future capability. Obviously it would be a bit of a challenge, but my guess is something similar to this has already been discussed at PGMusic...or has already been discussed in another thread.....or maybe it's of no interest....if so, then MY BAD!!!

Another option to the above would, I suppose, just be that of getting RealTracks to load in much faster (i.e., close to "real-time") eventually.......and I'm certain that's been on PGMusic's radar for some time.

Thanks,
cchalllum

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195