Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#106148 - 02/20/11 11:57 AM [Off-Topic] Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Below is a link to the Download section on my website, where I have stored chord changes for 34 Brazilian jazz songs and 33 Latin jazz songs that I transcribed into BIAB format.

I like to play these in concert. Let me know if you find these files useful; if so, I have dozens more I have done since then that I could add.

Disclaimers:

1. There are no melodies, so it is not a copyright violation to post these as backing tracks.
2. If the composer objects to having a song posted in this way, I will immediately remove it from the collection.
3. The files are in two groups, using WinZip.
4. I did these many years ago, so there are no RealDrums or RealTracks, but you can add them easily.
5. It was my best work at the time, but there may be errors.

Link: http://www.mattfinley.com/riojazz/download.htm
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#106149 - 02/20/11 12:40 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Matt Finley]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
Matt,

This is very generous of you to offer these. I don't play these styles, so I won't be taking you up on the offer, but it's nice to see you sharing these songs.

Nice gesture on your part. Take care.

#106150 - 02/20/11 12:57 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Yes, very generous Matt. Thank You as well.

Trax

#106151 - 02/20/11 02:04 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Muzic Trax]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Matt! My wife and I started work on things we could play in Mexico for a planned 4 week trip next year to stay with friends in the Lake Chapala area. Of course given circumstances this is a bit of a crap shoot so to speak. Like the last time our band of horns will go to Mexico City to play for a day, had a blast last time.

We've had fun with Nino precioso, and Heather/Diane is still working hard to get her Spanish somewhere close to the stumbling effort I make, none the less.....

Anway thanks. I was going to pick up a fake book and see what our friend Notes has available as possible backing tracks.

Any suggestions there?

#106152 - 02/20/11 02:39 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: John Conley]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Thank everyone. John, I have bought a few of Notes' styles and found them to be of the highest quality. He knows his stuff. I can't really tell you about his catalog, though, because I do my own work. Send Notes a PM and you'll get an answer for certain.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#106153 - 02/20/11 03:00 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Matt Finley]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Very generous Matt, thanks a lot. In fact your generosity will get me off of my back side to start putting some share files on my website as well within the next couple of weeks or so. See, it is catching.

Regards,

Edited by Danny C. (02/20/11 07:17 PM)

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#106154 - 02/20/11 05:24 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Danny C.]
Lawrie Offline
Expert

Loc: NSW, Australia
Thanks Matt. Downloaded - now all I need is some time to make the best use of them.

Your generosity and skills are most appreciated.

#106155 - 02/20/11 06:46 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Lawrie]
lkmuller Offline
Expert

Loc: Aiea, HI, USA
Many thanks Matt. This is great stuff.

#106156 - 02/20/11 08:40 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: lkmuller]
raymb1 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sterling, Va
Thanks Matt. I'm sure I'll use alot of these. Later, Ray

#106157 - 02/21/11 05:03 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: raymb1]
jim111 Offline
Journeyman

Old post but I just ran across it, and would like to add my thanks to Matt also. I don't know how to play this type of music so I probably won't use any of these, but I do enjoy listening to them from time to time.

So, Thanks again to Matt for sharing.

Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grCP-LIcSKQ&feature=related

#106158 - 02/22/11 02:45 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: jim111]
DennisD Offline
Journeyman

Loc: BC Interior
Matt, thanks for sharing. I can use a few of those. Can you help me with the following. I have the guitar chart for "Tu y Yo" written by Johnny Rodriguez 50' or 60's. I would like to hear the original melody but cannot locate in on youtube or other sites. The title seems to be reused by a later latin version which is different. Can you tell me any of the earlier bands that may have recorded it? Thanks DennisD

#106159 - 02/22/11 08:31 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Matt Finley]
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
Thanks for sharing Matt,

These will be fun and interesting to experiment with.

Rob

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#106160 - 02/22/11 10:06 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: toucher]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Again, thanks for all the great comments, and I'm pleased these tunes may be of use to you. I had posted these about seven years ago, but we have a whole new crew of forum members now who would not have seen them.

DennisD, sorry, I do not know that song, at least by name. No doubt I heard it as a kid ...

#106161 - 02/22/11 04:52 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Matt Finley]
GDaddy Offline
Expert

Loc: Homosassa , Florida
And I'm happy to receive these 67 presents on my 77th Birthday!!
I've been anticipating the download, and pulled that special "String" to dowload just a while ago...
Thanks, mucho!!

#106162 - 05/21/11 09:43 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Matt Finley]
Tano Music Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Matt, do you know if BIAB has a style that correlates to the rhythm in "Ponteio" by Edu lobo?
Thanks.

#106163 - 05/21/11 10:43 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Tano Music]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Edu Lobo is one of my favorite composers. He is mostly unknown by name, but many of the Sergio Mendes hits were his tunes. I don't recognize that tune by name, but let me check further.

#106164 - 05/22/11 01:53 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Matt Finley]
Jim Snyder Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Texas, USA
Thanks for posting these Matt. They are pretty nice arrangements. Did you transcribe style overrides/differences into the songs or do the styles provide the details? A short note on how you did these would be helpful if it is not too much trouble.

#106165 - 05/22/11 08:58 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Jim Snyder]
kelso Offline
Journeyman

Thanks Matt - Nothing like Bossa.

Maybe you, or someone, can help me - I'm looking for sheet music or lead sheet for Jobim's "Children's Games". Unbelievably, I can find no sheet music, Jobim book, or anything that has it. I think the green giraffe Jobim book has it, but I'm not sure, and can't find it anywhere. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Dell Desktop XPS 8100 W7 HomePrem/64 / Core i5 760 (quad, 2.8GHz) / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB SATA / ViewSonic VG2428wm / EMU1616 PCI / Event ASP6 Active Monitors / BIAB 2016(428) / Sonar Producer X3

#106166 - 05/22/11 09:41 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: kelso]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Kelso, yes, I have that. Wonderful song, play it all the time. The one measure of 2 beats in an otherwise waltz is fun.

One reason you might have trouble finding it is that it is called "Children's Games" when played as an instrumental, but "Double Rainbow" when done as a vocal. Knowing that, if you still can't find it, send me a PM with your email address. I transcribed the version played and arranged by Oscar Castro Neves.

#106167 - 05/22/11 09:46 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Happy to share 67 BIAB Latin and Brazilian jazz songs [Re: Matt Finley]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Jim, thanks for your kind comments. I would not call these songs "arrangements" since I had little role in their form. They are mostly just transcriptions of some recording - someone else's arrangements. In a few cases, I might have smoothed something over, so that the song is easier for my band to sight-read in a concert.

I regret that there are no "notes" to give you any help, since these are simply whatever I had to do to get a working chart at the time. I did not prepare them for an audience, and they are strictly "as-is".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28081 Members
57 Forums
54453 Topics
450240 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
M1S1L, collcoll, Vocaloidgirl9980, boxx.dk, Boto

28080 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 179
David Snyder 142