Print Thread
Go To
#106744 02/24/11 10:45 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi all,

Would someone be kind enough to tell me a quick way to de-compress a single folder of a Real Tracks instrument.

I don't want to de-compress the lot ........ I think that would be 9,999 wma to wav.

Big size.

Mal
malevans #106745 02/24/11 10:51 AM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Oh, and would it be ok to leave the wma files in that same folder?

Also, will the wav file play by default?

:-)

Mal
malevans #106746 02/24/11 10:52 AM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
........... and can I have the winning lottery ticket for next week?

Mal
malevans #106747 02/24/11 10:53 AM
R
Expert
Expert
R
A media player, such as Foobar will do that for you. You would drag the entire folder into Foobar and Convert to WAV. Lots of folks here use Audacity. I'm not sure it can decompress but someone will chime in.

R

malevans #106748 02/24/11 10:56 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Are you having trouble with the RTs taking to long to load? Each time a RT is loaded it decompresses so there is really nothing to gain but a very minute amount of load time.What v BTW?

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Rachael #106749 02/24/11 10:56 AM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman

Ah yes ......... a third party plugin.

I'll look around.

Mal
malevans #106750 02/24/11 11:06 AM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Latest version with everything.

I simply left all of the real tracks and drums as wma files on usb drive.

Although I have four 1 TB drives I am using them constantly for video and full score sound files with many vst's. I have a few 1 TB drives for storage but have only backed up real tracks as wma. Lazy 'aint I?

So you are saying that when a real track is used, it is auto converted to wave?

Mal
malevans #106751 02/24/11 11:36 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

So you are saying that when a real track is used, it is auto converted to wave?

no it's converted to wav

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
OK ....... That's wav not wave.

Not a surfer dude.

Mal
malevans #106753 02/24/11 11:57 AM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
It seems to not work.

I tried using River Past. Plays but weird sounding.

I need to know what the default de-compressor would be using. I assume mono, 44.1 KHz, 16 bit, PCM.

Would that be right?

Mal
malevans #106754 02/24/11 11:58 AM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Oh and 705 kbps.

Mal
malevans #106755 02/24/11 12:04 PM
R
Expert
Expert
R
Some RTs are mono and some stereo. I'm sure the bit rate changes as well depending on the instrument.

R

Rachael #106756 02/24/11 12:08 PM
R
Expert
Expert
R
BTW, with the new Fast Generation of RTs option in BIAB, you probably are not saving any time whatsoever. The WMA file is much smaller and needs less seeks on the drive. You never said why you wanted this?

I have decompressed the drum kits I use and it saves a few seconds on my old XP machine. I leave the RTs alone.

R

Rachael #106757 02/24/11 12:16 PM
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Wow if the they all differ, I think i'll leave them alone too.

TY

Mal
Rachael #106758 02/24/11 12:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran
BIAB uses wav files when it plays. In 2011 it's a moot point cause with the fast generation feature there's no option to convert to wav. There is for the Real Drums. Because the program uses wav it must first convert from wma to wav. Takes a couple mili seconds longer. The sound quality is IDENTICAL. If you really think you need the quality you needed to buy the Audiophile version .It ships with the ORIGINAL AS RECORDED .wav files.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
malevans #106759 02/24/11 12:34 PM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Mal,

Quote:

Would someone be kind enough to tell me a quick way to de-compress a single folder of a Real Tracks instrument.

In your \bb\RealTracks folder, you should find a file called decompress.exe. Copy this file into the folder of interest and double-click on it.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
malevans #106760 02/24/11 12:49 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Depends on the track, some are stereo, quite a few actually.
Probbably why it sounds weird. Merged stereo to mono

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hello Mal,

Quote:

In your \bb\RealTracks folder, you should find a file called decompress.exe. Copy this file into the folder of interest and double-click on it.

Any real reason to do this Andrew at this point?

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Veteran
Veteran
I think one would have to benchmark some complex and long files.

Time it with and without. On a slower computer.

It might be a case by case scenario too. Some folks have so many processes running it's plain crazy.

Software there to detect the old camera you used to have, running in the background to see if you plugged it in. Sometimes looking at every usb port. Anti virus stuff. I don't think everyone has the knowledge to go in and figure that stuff out. Or do anything about it.

In my case, I just trust that the default settings and setup are done by guys a lot smarter than I, and I just leave it alone.

That said, I'm thinking of playing April in Paris.

John Conley
Musica est vita
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:

Any real reason to do this Andrew at this point?

No, I can't really think of a good reason to, but thought I'd answer the original question. The information might be useful.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195