You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#111895 - 04/17/11 11:42 AM [User Showcase] Song - The Road Had Curves
Powderman Offline
Apprentice

Loc: TEXAS, USA
Started this one so long ago - I know I started with FPKE120 Straight Country - but it has had a lot added since the beginning

I usually test the mix on a few different systems - does not sound right in the old pickup truck - but seems to be okay else where.

Link below for The Road Had Curves

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10533835

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=933265

#111896 - 04/17/11 03:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: Powderman]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Loc: Scotland
Hi Powderman,

Your song sounds quite good.

I would reduce all the instruments a tad so that your voice could be heard more up front as I was struggling to make out the lyrics to the song.

Other than that it is well done.

Best regards
George

#111897 - 04/17/11 06:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: George Nelson]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Sounds good. I am only listening on some small external computer speakers, mix sounds good on them. Thanks for sharing!

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#111898 - 04/17/11 06:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: PgFantastic]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Hi Powderman,

Thanks for sharing this song! Sounds like a good one. As for the mix, that's always as much of an art as it is a science. And an art that we will always be working on!

Keep up the good work!

Your neighbor, Steve

#111899 - 04/18/11 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: Steve Young]
Powderman Offline
Apprentice

George, Robert, and Steve

Thanks for the comments.

Upon a few more listens - sounds like I compressed the heck out of it - and maybe squashed the life out of the mix especially the vocals. My ears aren't what they used to be.

#111900 - 04/18/11 10:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: Powderman]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Powderman,

Great song. Sounded good on my phones. I enjoyed it.

Bob

#111901 - 04/21/11 03:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: rsdean]
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
Hi Powderman

Coming through loud and clear here.

Sounds like there’s some compression or something on your vox – almost like you recorded them down the telephone.

and yes, you do get a little swamped by the backing track

song builds nicely both musically and lyrically.

#111902 - 04/21/11 02:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: mglinert]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Powderman,

Very nice !! The vocal is a bit pressed, maybe some EQ to bring out the hi's? Overall, a great song and mix. Dynamite job

Trax

#111903 - 04/21/11 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: Muzic Trax]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Powderman, it’s all been said.

I will add that a song this good should be worked on until perfect! Then if it still doesn’t sound good in that ol’ pickup then it’s time for a new pickup because a pickup that doesn’t play good country songs like this belongs in New York City

Edited by MarioD (04/21/11 02:59 PM)

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#111904 - 04/23/11 02:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: MarioD]
Powderman Offline
Apprentice

Bob-Marc-Trax-Mario

Thanks for listening. I will have to take a crack at the vocals again.

#111905 - 04/26/11 12:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: Powderman]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

I really like the message in this song Powderman. Good title too. I kind of liked the edginess the compression gave your tone but the vocal track itself didn't sit right somehow. Keep 'em coming.

#111906 - 05/02/11 04:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: Sundance]
Powderman Offline
Apprentice

Sundance

Thanks for the comments - I want to go back and work on the vocals - just have not had the time.

#111907 - 05/03/11 11:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: Powderman]
Ian Fraser Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hey P'man - how's 'bout postin' the lyrics - I like to read while I listen. Of course my hearing isn't what it used to be so like Michee said, some of the lyrics don't come through for me.

Please. Ian

#111908 - 05/04/11 09:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: Powderman]
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
Great song...........

It's all been said regarding the mix, compression etc. Keep workin on it til you are happy with it.

Good job

Rob

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#111909 - 05/16/11 06:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: toucher]
Powderman Offline
Apprentice

Ian,

Sorry it took so long to get back - it has been a very busy few weeks - but here you go.

Verse 1
Its been 20 days and 20 nights – I been trucking – down this road
I’ve been drivin’ down this highway – pulling some heavy loads
But the load now is on my heart – I wonder if your there
Cause you said you were leavin’ – you thought I didn’t care

Chorus
Well the road had curves that slowed us down – but girl can’t you see
That I did the things that I did – just for you – not for me
I’m coming home – I pray you’re there – let me show you how much I care.

Verse 2
Things were good for many years – I worked at - the factory
But they close their doors – I was out of work – it caused such misery
There were bills to pay – and mouths to feed – I went out on the road
It was bad for me – and worse for you – bein’ all alone

Chorus

Bridge

Verse 3
I’ve been callin’ people all day long – trying to make it right
And I’ve got good news – I can hardly wait – ‘til I get back home tonight
The factory is back on line – there’s no more on the road
If you’ll just – wait for me – you’ll never be alone

Chorus

Toucher

Thanks for listening and the comments

#111910 - 05/17/11 12:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: Powderman]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very nice verse and hook... seriously as a song writer .. your never really satisfied.. You will always see something that needs to be changed…

Sometimes you need to step back and just take the song as it as.. it’s a nice arrangement as is..

You have a unique voice that is your signature. I like this as it is…
Just my 2 cents…

#111911 - 05/28/11 12:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Powderman,

I'm a little late to the party! Every time I hear your voice, I always think to myself, "gosh that's a great tone". You've really developed a good edge to your voice now. It's been a while since I last heard your songs and I've to say that I'm blown away at how professional your sound is now. I got to say that I think you've used instrumentation very thoughtfully in this arrangement.

This was a really good listen!

Regards,
Noel

#111912 - 05/28/11 01:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Song - The Road Had Curves [Re: Powderman]
Ian Fraser Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a little late getting around to saying "thanks" for posting these lyrics.
It makes a world of difference when I'm listening. It makes for a fuller picture of the song.

This song has a great hookline - a great working man's song.
Work at it at your leisure if you feel you need to make changes.

Good Stuff. Ian

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27614 Members
50 Forums
52210 Topics
432093 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
BillyP, fleahead, Dolph, annzpdas01, drummingsteve

27613 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 190
Noel96 164