Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
When you see the notes on the keyboard as you play, that means your MIDI Input driver is correct. So look closer at your MIDI Output device.. This is where the problem lies.

Try a different default output device (even though it shouldn't matter because you are rerouting all MIDI to DXi synth). We've seen this work before. Try changing the output device while leaving the reroute selected.

Also, is there a synth listed in the 'reroute all midi' checkbox for which default synth to actually use?

Last edited by rharv; 05/23/11 07:20 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jeff26 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Only the CoyoteWT is available in the dropdown, the other choice is none. I have tried all 4 of the midi drivers with this, no sound when the Re-Route box is checked. Seems like the issue must be with the CoyoteWT.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
On your recent install media is a free 30 day trial of Coyote Forte. Try that as a test. You may actually like it and decide it's worth $40; I did. If not just remove it.

That way you can test whether the 'WT' part of the CoyoteWT is present on your system. This WaveTable part relies on a dll file having been installed with Windows, so I've seen situations where when it was missing and the WT version failed.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jeff26 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Nothing on cd, but it is on their web site. So I
Will download that. There seems to be multiple output
drivers now, ASIO, coyote, the midi list.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jeff26 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast

What do you make of this, I found it in the online help.

Using a DXi synth will simplify the problem, since the MIDI and audio tracks are routed to the same audio device in this case.

(Mainly this portion, I have Vista 64 bit)

Note: The VSC-DXi is not compatible with 64-bit operating system - an alternative is to use the ForteDXi or TTS-1 soft synth. If you aren't using a DXi synth, find out whether it's MIDI or Audio/RealTracks that you aren't hearing, or both.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jeff26 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I just installed a download from the web site, ForteDXi plugin, select that as the Default Dxi, same problem no sound. The no sound also happens with loading any files for playback.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Jeff -

It just doesn't make sense that you are getting no sound.

Are you able to post some screen capture images of your setup. It would help if you posted:

* the Audio Settings window
* click on MME in Audio Settings and then post the box that pops up
* click on ASIO in Audio Settings and then post the box that pops up
* in the ASIO box, click on ASIO driver's control panel, then click the wrench icon, and if any of the items in the list have a plus sign, expand the list and post that window

* go back to the main screen and click on the MIDI driver setup button and post that window

That should help us see what you see on your screen and can better troubleshoot this.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jeff26 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi John,
Could not get the screen shots to post into the forum so I emailed you them.
Thanks
Jeff

PowerTracks Pro Audio
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Jeff26,

The problem that I have with the ASIO4ALL driver is that it always defaults to the wrong output device, and I often have to re-select the correct one. In the ASIO4ALL control panel, you might see more than one device listed in the "WDM" list. If so, the first one is probably highlighted. You need to try clicking on it to un-highlight it, then highlight another one in the list (try each one if you are not sure which is the right one).

It is important that you close PowerTracks after selecting a different output device. The ASIO driver will not respond to the change until you start up PowerTracks again.

Blake

PG Music Inc.
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Jeff sent me screenshots of his configuration, so I'm posting them (they're all in the Word document) here for others to take a look at as well. It seems to me that we should be able to get to the bottom of this.

Unfortunately, I've got to do some "real job" stuff this evening, so I probably won't get to it until later, but I was hoping that Bob Harvey could take a look at it.

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Well for one thing the ASIO audio drivers window is set to main out when the headphone out is available as a selection here ... first thing I saw. Worth trying.

Edit-
In audio prefs full duplex is not enabled so it mey not be playing if record is hit ...

Edit2
In Audio Drivers window, soundmapper is selected. This can sometimes be an issue, you may want to select the soundcard itself (conexant) but make this the last thing you try. Try something, Open PT and see if it helped, if not close PT, try something else, then open PT again. When changing drivers, as staff here mentioned above; it is best to restart the program after making changes, and checking to make sure the changes 'stuck'.

Last edited by rharv; 05/25/11 07:31 PM.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Jeff, is your computer a laptop or a desktop? What brand?

John

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jeff26 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
One other item I found was that if choose mme
rather than ASIO I do get audio with coyote, but is
delayed again.
I have a toshiba laptop about 2 years old, vista ultimate
for the OS. I had thought maybe the sound card but I can
get sound just very delayed.
At work now, will try these suggestions this evening
Thanks for all your time
Jeff

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
Okay, and maybe tonight we can go through it step by step until we hopefully get it working. Yes, the DXi synth will have latency with the keyboard when using MME. I'll think about it today and hopefully we can get this finally fixed tonight.

John

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
One of the first things I would try is -
the ASIO audio drivers window is set to 'main out' when the 'headphone out' is available as a selection. You said you heard nothing in the headphones and this seems like a good possibility.

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
I know on my laptop, when using MME, I can just plugin my headphones and it over-rides the speakers; however, if I use ASIO, I have to use different audio-outs depending on whether I want speakers or headphones.

I would start at the basics and make sure to have a piece of paper and pencil handy to write down the settings.

Forget about MIDI to start with.

Set everything up for MME and just load a WAV file or an MP3 file into PTPA. Make sure you can hear the audio with both speakers and headphones. Then do the same for ASIO. You may have to play with the settings some, but there aren't that many.

If you do audio input (such as using a microphone or recording a guitar), set the input devices and make sure the input is coming through for recording while the underlying source is playing (that's where the full-duplex setting comes in). It doesn't have to be in tune or match, you just need to be able to capture it and hear it.

Once it works for MME, then try to get the same thing going for ASIO (headphones and speakers). Once that works, then we can switch to getting the MIDI to work.

Jeff, if you feel comfortable with it, then PM me or email me with a phone number and I'll try to see if I can talk you through it. I don't have Vista, but I have Windows 7, and the audio interface is basically the same between the two, so we should be able to figure it out.

John

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jeff26 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi,
Did not get as much time to try this tonight as I wanted, heading out for Mem day tommorow, be back on Sunday.
Tried all the suggestions in the posts, still not working right.
For the drivers,
when I use MME, it works with every driver in that Audio drivers box. I change drivers in MIDI and it works with everyone except the LoopB. Actaully do not even know if the MIDI drivers effect MME. The default DX was check during all this too. With all the driver selections audio was delayed, latency.
Switching to ASIO, it to will work with all MIDI drivers except the LoopB, delayed audio. If I check the Re-route box, no audio.
All the above performs the same when playing mp3.
So, any time I do get audio through PC speakers or headphones it is always delayed.

What started this is that I would like to play a song, mp3, and then play along, easier to learn.
I am wondering if I can route the mp3, or seq to my keyboard headphones vs using the pc output as that
does not seem to work
Jeff

Last edited by Jeff26; 05/26/11 07:55 PM.
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jeff26 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Well I am heading to Madison for a couple of days
and then I will get back to this.
Couple of thoughts, seems like things point
to ASIO . Maybe they have a different driver then what
I am using. Maybe I need to unistall and install pt.
No driver experimenting seems to work
I wonder if version 2011 is better

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Veteran
Veteran
It could also be the Conexant audio card; read on the web lots of folks having problems with it and ASIO. Again, let me know when you get back. PM me a phone number and we can talk through it. It's sometimes hard to get to the bottom of things with forum communication. This has become a challenge; I think there is a solution and we just have to figure it out.

John

PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jeff26 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi
Got back to this for a bit last night working
with the ASIO drivers. Tried selecting headphones
and the driver port ASIO claims is headphones. No
difference. The ASIO drivers window randomly adds
or removes driver selections . There always is a (0,1)
choice, most times a (2, 3) choice and last night it
sporadicly added a (4,5) port selection. No surprise none
worked while they were available.
Vista claims my conexant drivers are up to date
Jeff

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,671
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200