Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#120511 - 07/14/11 10:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Brian K]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Quote:

...After doing three Mute-return to normal entries I tried to play it back and got no audio. Then I went back to the original and it plays fine as do all other works in progress in the BIAB song folder.

Maybe you did not first push PLAY button in order to have the new songfile generate the parts before trying to edit...

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#120512 - 07/14/11 06:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Mac]
Brian K Offline
Enthusiast

Good thought...maybe that's it.

Thanks Mac

#120513 - 07/15/11 10:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Brian K]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Or maybe you're just dumber than a salesperson...

YOU OWE EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM AN APOLOGY, DUDE.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#120514 - 07/15/11 04:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Mac]
Brian K Offline
Enthusiast

Ok,Mac. You're right. My apologies.

Brian

#120515 - 07/15/11 11:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Mac]
Brian K Offline
Enthusiast

Actually, Mac I've been thinking this over and I think your comment to me was more insulting than mine to Peter.

So why don't YOU apologize to me since we are so into apologies.

Just who do you think you are? The apology god?

You know,Mac...with the number of anonymous visitors on this site every day who are trying to decide whether or not to buy into this program it might be wise of you, who obviously supports the product as do I,to be a bit more civilized yourself. I have already admitted my own guilt as to not being infallibly immune to confusion and frustration leading to perhaps imprudent expressions of emotion. (You can look that word up...from what I've seen of your posts it might not be in your vocabulary)

#120516 - 07/16/11 04:45 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Brian K]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Dear all,

Brian doesn't owe me an apology.

Anyone who reads all the above responses prior to Mac's post (#323993) can see that there has been nothing in this thread that anyone needs to apologize for. It's all been "business as usual" in here.

For the record, I have really enjoyed helping Brian and he's been very sincere in his appreciation.

Regards,
Noel

Edited by Noel96 (07/16/11 07:28 AM)

#120517 - 07/16/11 08:50 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Noel96]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Sheesh.

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#120518 - 07/17/11 05:27 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Mac]
Brian K Offline
Enthusiast

OK...Enough...my fault...my bad!

Let the comedy continue as we all continue to do what we do best....make music!

Let's just move on...OK? Enough!

Truce?

#120519 - 07/17/11 05:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Brian K]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Everyone knows how to use "ignore", right? I suggest you do so, as I have, and see where he goes for help.

He does indeed owe the users here an apology, as well as needing some human being lessons. Cement headed bully doesn't work in 2011. At least not with me.

#120520 - 07/17/11 05:56 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: eddie1261]
Brian K Offline
Enthusiast

Actually, Eddie,I believe that I have already complied quite adequately with that request.

All the best,

Brian

#238987 - 02/07/14 11:10 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Brian K]
FranksRiffs Offline

NEEDLESSLY COMPLICATED?: Maybe. If you understand what BiaB is doing it may help. If you have a group of sections that will repeat more than once you can consider that collection as a "chorus" and create it that way in BiaB. Then enter the number of times to repeat.

Regarding the intro. The intro is any number of bars that you set BEFORE the "chorus" section. These bars will NOT repeat.

The outro/end exists as anything outside the LAST "chorus" bar.

If you use this procedure to create the basic structure you can then UNFOLD the chorus and BiaB will present you with a traditional linear presentation.

The explanation is here:
Band-in-a-Box uses the Jazz convention that a "Chorus" is the whole song. This topic covers the terminology of:

Intro

Verse

Chorus

Bridge

Tag

You'll need to use the "Framing Controls" of Band-in-a-Box, where you set the chorus begin bar, the chorus end bar, and the number of choruses to repeat. These controls are found just below the song title window on the main screen. The defaults for a new song are [1]-[32]x[3]

INTRO
How long an intro is, and what is included, is determined by what is in the 1st number box of the framing section of Band-in-a-box. So if your first chorus starts at bar #17, you have from bar #1 to #16 (16 bars) to do what ever you want to with. You could create a standard intro, or with instruments coming on one at a time every 4 bars. You may place part markers to go from lighter to heavier feels. You may include as many bars as you need to, but this section will only play once at the beginning of your song.

VERSE/CHORUS Section
"Chorus begins at bar #17" means that everything from bar 17 to the "Chorus ends at" bar (let's choose 48) will play or repeat as many times as you have indicated in "#choruses". In this section it is a good idea to make full use of the part markers, which will give your song a different feel, especially in the bridge.

BRIDGE
Contained within the main framing section of the song between the chorus begin and chorus end bar, the bridge is usually emphasized with the use of the "B" substyle. To make your song even more interesting, Band-in-a-Box allows you to do style changes at any bar. Experiment with two styles that are similar, and later with wildly different styles.

THE TAG
The tag can also be used similarly to the intro. You can make it as long as you like. It will fall outside of the "chorus begins at" and "chorus ends at" section, and it will only play once at the end of your song, after the choruses have been played. It could consist of the chords for a bridge, a key change and chorus restatement, then a full ending. To set up the tag ending, click the [S] button found just to the right of the framing controls to bring up the Song Settings window. Place a checkmark in the Tag Exists box and then specify how you want the tag to be played by typing the bar numbers in the 'Tag jump after', 'Tag begin at', and 'Tag ends after' boxes. In our example, say we set those to 40, 49, and 56. This means that the song would play through two chorus, play the third chorus up to bar 40, then jump to bar 49 and play through to bar 56. Note: A Tag will only work if there is more than one chorus set to play. If your song only has one chorus, the a tag isn't needed.

THE 2 BAR ENDING
This automatic feature can be selected if you do not want to create your own ending with held bars/instruments and/or rests. It will add 2 bars to the song and auto-create an ending for you. You can toggle the 2-bar ending on/off in the Song Settings window just underneath the Tag settings.

In summary, the entire song that we have set up in the examples above would play the following way: 1-48, 17-48, 17-40, 49-56, and if we have turned the two bar ending on, bars 57-58 would be the ending.

Band-in-a-box 2004 and higher also have options to use repeats, 1st/2nd endings, and codas in your song. The Repeats/1st-2nd endings/codas feature is mainly used if you need to create printed charts that show those symbols. Click here for more information about this.

#239061 - 02/08/14 12:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Brian K]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I'm trying to figure out a few things here. Why was this thread resurrected after 2 1/2 years? The OP hasn't posted in a year and a half.

And what did the OP say for which someone demanded an apology to all forum users, while leveling an insult at the OP?
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#239082 - 02/08/14 07:43 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Matt Finley]
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
All praise to FrankRiffs for a great explanation but something not right here. How did he, as a Newbie, find this 2 year old thread in the first place and then have the knowledge to post such a comprehensive and thorough review?
Just my thoughts
Ian

BB2018Plus,512,RB5,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXPPro and Win7

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#239087 - 02/08/14 08:31 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Matt Finley]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

And what did the OP say for which someone demanded an apology to all forum users, while leveling an insult at the OP?

Whew. I'm glad I wasn't the only one trying to figure all of that out. I went back through the thread discussions. I didn't understand what suddenly happened to change things. I interpreted that the O/P seemed to be genuinely grateful for all of the advice given. Then something went extremely wrong. Beats me why though.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#239102 - 02/08/14 10:00 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: Brian K]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Its the Internet.

Okay, "Welcome to My World" is up, nice 'n easy, key of Bb, One, Two, One, Two, Three, Four...

Matt, take the first solo, 'K?

grin

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#239109 - 02/08/14 10:20 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: VideoTrack]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I went back through the thread discussions. I didn't understand what suddenly happened to change things. ...

That kind of stuff used to happen more frequently then recently seen here. But things have of way of cycling.

And regarding how this tread got resurrected, to now include a nice overview, is beyond me?
SoundCloud

#239194 - 02/08/14 07:50 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: MusicStudent]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I went back through the thread discussions. I didn't understand what suddenly happened to change things. ...

That kind of stuff used to happen more frequently then recently seen here. But things have of way of cycling.

Thanks Dan for the clarification. I'm glad things have changed. In any case, we're all actually supposed to be working on the same team, right?

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#239284 - 02/09/14 12:35 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Formatting the song structure [Re: VideoTrack]
FranksRiffs Offline

Hi All, I found this thread by searching something like "song arrangement." I had become very frustrated in trying to do the simplest thing - arrange a song, lol.

P.S. My first BiaB purchase was for the DOS version. Coming back to it after more than a decade away.

Incidentally...people should know that there are SIGNIFICANT feature differences between the Mac version of BiaB and the Windows version. Just sayin'.

Edited by FranksRiffs (02/09/14 12:37 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27519 Members
50 Forums
51878 Topics
428668 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dixiesatellite72, hhbailey, medblues, Terry V, The Captain

27519 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 360
Noel96 156