Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey All,

Here's an oldie pop song from 1978 originally performed by Suzi Quatro and Mike Chapman called "Stumblin' In". Josie and I put our own BIAB folk/rock spin on it. We hope you enjoy it.

Bob

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10909161

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
sorry to be so candid but you are not at your best, either of you!

Off-Topic
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Don,

No problem - we appreciate you taking the time to listen. Can you be more specific in terms of what you didn't like? It helps us.

Thanks,
Bob

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
the vox was too far out of sync, for one thing, and josie was off key in several places. i know she's capable of much better then that or i wouldn't have mentioned it. it sounded like a first run-through where you were unsure of what the other was doing musically/vocally. get the harmony vox a lot tighter and i'll buy it. you kids are much too talented for that level of performance. sorry!

- simon

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Bob/Josie -

I really like this song, but like Don, I have to say that while Josie's voice is lovely, it's flat in a number of places; especially going up to "stumblin' in" in the chorus where you two are singing harmony together. Think "up and over" and I think she'll nail it and it will be a great cover. The individual solo parts are much better.

I say that will much respect for what you do, because the two of you produce some awesome music.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob & Josie,

I don’t think I’ve ever commented on y’alls aongs.

It appears Bob is trying to emulate Bob Dylan, ......but there’s only one Bob Dylan. Bob Dylan can’t sing in key, …… but he can write some great songs. Kind of like Willie Nelson and Neil Young. The only thing is, … Dylan, Nelson and Young have a “following” because of the great songs they’ve written.

I’ve always liked Josie’s vocals, … but not on this song.

I assume you guys wanted an honest evaluation, so I’ve done that. It’s probably not what you want to hear. JMHO.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Guys,

First thank you for your thoughts and candor. You are all my friends on this board and you know I have very high regard for your opinions.

I have to confess to you that I tried a little experiment on the vocal of this song - a dastardly deed to some LOL - I tried a program starting with an M to pitch correct it. I just wondered how it would sound with perfect pitch. Apparently not very good from the reaction I'm getting. LOL! So we'll do it over sans the M and maybe change keys or arrangement or something.

Now to you Bob Flatpicker, I think giving an opinion on a specific performance is one thing we asked for that. I think you could have been more cool and left your first comment without going into the second. When we assume often we are wrong. And my partner sings with the style and talent God gave him just as you do and I do. I love his voice and his songs otherwise I wouldn't be working with him and just fyi he does have a rather large following of devoted fans who also love his songs and his style. Everybody in music that I know has influences, some may like it and some not, but there's nothing wrong or unusual about that.

Anyway, thanks to you all and I'll (we'll) do better on the next one.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Josie,

Quote:

I think giving an opinion on a specific performance is one thing we asked for that. I think you could have been more cool and left your first comment without going into the second.

No doubt it would have been "cooler" to have left that out. But from my standpoint, if I play or sing something for someone and ask "how was that"?, then I honestly want to know how it sounded. Then maybe I can fix it.

My comment about emulating Dylan wasn't meant as a slam, but as wondering what Bob actually sounds like when he tosses the idea of Dylan out the window and sings in his own voice!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob (Flatpicker),

Could've sworn you had two posts when I responded earlier, but no matter,

I do appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for clarifying.

BTW, looking forward to some more stuff from you. It's been a while - hint -
and I'd love to hear some real good kicking bluegrass! Obvious hint...

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Josie,

I went thru a period in the mid 70’s of playing and singing way too much Neil Young. Finally a friend said “Man, I hate to say it, but you ain’t Neil Young. Stop trying to sing like him!”. Another friend who was there agreed. They said I sounded better when I sang like Bob instead of Neil.

Instead of being offended, I took their advice. I’m glad I did. It’s hard enough to sound like me, … much less sound like someone else.

By my own estimation, I’m a mediocre singer. Some say it sounds good, … others don’t say anything. LOL.

I wasn’t trying to be harsh in my opinion. Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything. But if someone hadn’t spoken up years ago, I may have still been trying to sing like Neil. It would’ve been a mistake.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
I think there's a country song in this here. Like Jesse Colter's "I'm not Lisa, "

I'm not Lisa, my name is Julie
Lisa left you years ago

Wayne, (she was Waylon Jennings' wife)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It is so difficult when doing covers as all mistakes are easily heard. Especially a song sung by 2 great singers such as Suzi Quattro and Chris Norman, of "Smokie", the band who lived next door to Alice, in the UK at least! who ever she was, (British joke thanks to a "comedian", Chubby Brown.)
Great attempt tho' from a talented duo and SO much better than any "Talent Show" winners IMHO

Alyn

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Alyn,
Are you in England? After the first sentence I got lost, but the M4 sounds familiar from Top Gear. I watch it over here on Netflix. If you aren't in England, then this is just a post from another crazy American.
I never heard of these people, but my wife is in England right now visiting her daughter and grandchildren. Have you seen her? You have a lot of mazes over there. Everytime she visits, the go to a couple of mazes. I think that might be saying more about my wife than England.
Was "Stumblin' In" a big hit? I missed it.
Cheers, Wayne,

My disclaimer: Any reference to the Mazes in England have nothing to do with England, only my wife's fascination with them. She love bringing the grandchildren it them. But I think she loves them more. lol

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I tried a program starting with an M to pitch correct it. I just wondered how it would sound with perfect pitch. Apparently not very good from the reaction I'm getting. LOL! So we'll do it over sans the M and maybe change keys or arrangement or something.

I normally find the M program very good at spot adjustments. I'd love to hear what the discussionis about here, but the link is no longer working.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Bob, funny you should mention that. In the 70s I played in a band where I was the only one with a high enough voice to sing Who songs. OMG, what a disaster. When I sang My Generation I sounded like a country boy. Till someone just said to me, Wayne.... please just stop. You're killin' me. lol I was awful.

I lived with a guy I worked with back in the 1980s and he sounded just like Niel Young. He played the subways in NYC for a couple of years and actually make almost $300 bucks a week. Those subways have great reverb. He sounded beautiful.

Just remembering my Who thing. I was hidious. lol But that's show biz.

Wayne,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Wayne,
I am from Wales,the bit that some say looks like a pigs head on the side of England. The M4 is the only motorway (highway)into Wales and I live nearly at the end, by the "pig's mouth" but to say I am English is like calling a Canadian, American or a New Zealander, Australian. Or vice versa We don't like it Wales is a country that makes up the UK along with Scotland, Northern Ireland and that other place, wotsit's name...err.. England
"Stumbling in" was a sorta hit I think, more from radio plays if I remember.Chris Norman is the lead singer now in Nashville I believe as a session guy.

re the rest of the names all I can say play Living Next door to ALice and enjoy the song. "Stumbling in" is down a bit on the right.

PARENTAL ADVISORY NOTICE now google "living next door to Alice Chubby Brown" and I apologise for the language immediately. BUT it was 19 weeks in the UK charts and highest spot was No 3 but it never got played on the radio as far as I can remember. You'll see and hear why
Chubby Brown called himself a comedian relying on words like **** and **** etc and surprisingly popular at the time. PARENTAL ADVISORY NOTICE

Apologies to Josie and Bob for lowering the tone of this thread.
Haven't seen your wife yet but will say Hi if I bump into her
Alyn

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Alyn,
OK, I get the "like calling a Canadian, American" thing. I usually leave that one alone.
My father's side of the family came from Scotland. My grandfather came here and was a real Cowboy and a real nasty piece of work.
I love the accents though, I wish I had one. I'm from NY city and I don't have a NYC accent either. But when I go out west here in the US, like any Western state, where they raise catlle and stuff, in about a day I sound just like a cowboy.
My wife's daughter has been in Ireland and then England for almost 11 years and she has no accent at all, but her boys who were born there sound British. Yet at school everyone thinks they're American. We talk to them on Skype on the Internet and I can't understand them. That's probably me though.

Thanks for the reply, You have a good day.
Wayne,

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Bob/Josie,

Nice arrangement. Really enjoyed it!

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
rsdean Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Peter/All,

Thanks for your input - Josie and I appreciate it.

Bob

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Funny Wayne you saying you like there accents. I have said that very same thing before. A friend from Aussieland once said "hey mate where i come from your the one with the bloody accent". A english friend laughed and said "well chaps we invented the english language!" I replied "that is true, but we perfected it!"

We all had a good laugh, and now no one is speaking to me!

crickey!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,610
Posts735,050
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186