Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#12528 - 01/31/09 11:08 AM [Off-Topic] ** NEW CD finally finished! **
RayThigpen Offline
Expert

Loc: Georgia
After a full long year of producing my latest CD, 50 Years Singin' & Playin', it is finally finished.

CLICK HERE to take a listen...

There are 15 songs... some are gospel and some are country hits and a few I wrote myself.

I turned 62 years of age just a few days ago, and that's when I sent the project to the duplicating facility to have the CDs and covers manufactured. Last year 2008 was a long year and I was finally pleased to get the project completed. Maybe there'll be some songs that you will enjoy.

I had lots of help on this CD. From BIAB and Real Tracks to live musicians:
OC Clinton
Mario D. DeLaura
Muzic Trax
John Ford
Mick Emery
MAC
Alan Simm
John R. Whitney
...and others...

I was delighted to have our lead guitarist from our local country music band (The Pickup Band), Mr. Kevin Goodwin playing some guitar licks on several songs. He's a talented 25-year-old, and a super friend of mine. We have lots of fun playing in the band! He's also a great singer too, but does not sing on this CD, unfortunately.

I am grateful to all the participants who contributed their talents to make this CD a success.

I know you will enjoy hearing their talents too!! Thanks guys!!

#12529 - 01/31/09 11:31 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: RayThigpen]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Congratulations. The music sounds professionally done (no surprise, there). It's a big achievement, be proud of it.

Kevin

#12530 - 01/31/09 11:45 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: Kemmrich]
Danny C. Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Ray,

I'll bet you feel like a proud loving mother who just gave birth. The music sounds wonderful I wish you much success. And by the way this was my first visit to your website in quite a while, it looks great.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#12531 - 01/31/09 01:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: Danny C.]
davemilleruk Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Devon UK
Well done Ray and all your contributors.....I wish you luck with it!
Dave.

#12532 - 01/31/09 03:04 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: davemilleruk]
JEP Offline
Apprentice

Sounds good, Ray & co - congrats! Great songs. Great craftsmanship.

- Jepster

#12533 - 01/31/09 04:01 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: JEP]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa 98370
Ray,
Will you have a link on your site that we can purchase the CD?

Gary

#12534 - 01/31/09 04:43 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: Gary Curran]
occ Online   content
Journeyman

Ray the CD sounds really professional. Good job!! occ

#12535 - 01/31/09 06:52 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: occ]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Ray,

I know you put some blood, sweat and tears into this project. You have come up with an awesome collection of songs and keepsake. The songs sound excellent and thanks for sharing with us your talents!

Eddie

#12536 - 01/31/09 09:14 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: Muzic Trax]
RayThigpen Offline
Expert

Thanks, guys, for your kind words. I kinda think this is the best CD i've ever produced. The reason for that is: I had the best talent to make it all happen. Without high quality musicians and singers, there would have been no high quality.

Many of you guys made it happen. And for each and every one of you, I am grateful and thankful.

I don't have any way of doing credit card transactions over the net, but if anyone wants the actual CD, just send me a PVT message, and we'll go from there.

Thanks, folks!

#12537 - 01/31/09 09:20 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: RayThigpen]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa 98370
Ray,
You should open a PayPal account if you don't have one. Then people can pay into that. You'll have to see what the fees and transactions costs are, but they aren't that high.

Gary

#12538 - 02/01/09 01:06 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: Gary Curran]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Very clean recordings and a high quality over all job. congrts Ray!!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#12539 - 02/01/09 01:39 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: RayThigpen]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Ray,

These songs sound excellent. Strong in every aspect. Congratulations Ray et al.

Noel

#12540 - 02/01/09 04:40 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: RayThigpen]
Oren Fisher Offline
Expert

Loc: Victoria, BC Canada
Ray,

A magnificent accomplishment! Nicely crafted in every detail - performances, mixing and mastering.

First-rate work from all concerned; and a credit to your organizational abilities, your skill with PG software, and your sense of music.

Congratulations ...

#12541 - 02/01/09 08:47 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: Oren Fisher]
RayThigpen Offline
Expert

thanks, guys, for your support, encouragement and kind comments.

#12542 - 02/02/09 06:03 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: RayThigpen]
Keith from Oz Offline
Veteran

Loc: NSW Australia
Congratulations Ray (and happy birthday for a few days ago)
I've only had a sneak peek, but I look forward to listening to it in it's entirity.

So when does production start on "Ray Thigpen - The Second Fifty Years" ?

#12543 - 02/02/09 09:54 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: Keith from Oz]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Next up should be the obligtory album cover picture of Ray walkin' down the railroad tracks with his MIDI keyboard over his shoulder. Preferably in a cowboy hat of some kind.

"Ray Thigpen -- Travelin' Man"

Extra points for doin' it in artsy monochrome.

Good job, Ray!

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#12544 - 02/02/09 09:56 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: Mac]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
After that we'll do the Thigpen comedy album.

Covershot of Ray sittin' in my office behind the desk here.

"Thigpen in the Pigpen"

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#12545 - 02/02/09 10:55 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: RayThigpen]
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
Alright Ray..........

I know you are proud of this CD, sounds great, and we all know how much blood sweat and tears have gone into it. I think Mac said something about a cool cover?, didn't see that anywhere on your page.

congrats...........

toucher

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#12546 - 02/02/09 12:22 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: toucher]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I see that shot of Ray in a leopard skin jump suit with the 80 hair band wig on! He can call himself Pigg!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#12547 - 02/02/09 04:16 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ** NEW CD finally finished! ** [Re: Robh]
filkertom Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Whoo hoo! Congrats, Ray! It sounds great!
Win10/64 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2017 • Reaper 5
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

New Online Band-in-a-Box and RealBand Manuals

Do you hate digging around for manuals as much as I do? Now you can access the most recent Band-in-a-Box® and RealBand manuals with just a few clicks on the new Online Manuals section of our website.

The PDF manuals for version 2017 and 2018 are available now. Plus, we're adding online versions of these manuals too! The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Windows User's Guide is complete, and the Mac User's Guide will be coming very soon. We're even adding a search feature to make it even easier for you to find features that you are looking for - stay tuned!

You Could Win $150 PG Bucks with our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

Want to WIN $150 PG Bucks? Join the entries already submitted into our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest! When the contest closes on September 30th, we will be picking 4 winners (1 per genre)!

What you need:
-Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition
-Xtra Styles PAK 5 Windows | Mac
-a song written using one of the 160+ fully-mixed Styles included in your Xtra Styles PAK 5 purchase.

Complete contest rules list here.

Forum Stats
27960 Members
57 Forums
53928 Topics
445392 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Bart Vervaeck, kelvinnebs, goldensleather, davidjeams, lazeguy

27963 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 506