Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#126677 - 09/12/11 10:00 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Ryszard]
rubberball103 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: NW corner of S. Nowhere
This whole thing is a good example of how something like 9/11 happens. Terrorists with expired visas wanting to learn to fly, but not land, airliners - NO PROBLEM. Exotic wood being imported - FALL OUT IN FULL COMBAT GEAR!

#126678 - 09/12/11 10:20 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Ryszard]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
“Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.”

-Unknown

"And if you're not thoroughly disgusted with politics at 60 you haven't been paying attention."

-Also unknown

Got any more?

Bob

#126679 - 09/12/11 11:00 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: jazzmammal]
rubberball103 Offline
Apprentice

Any mand loses his spoon, spends a night in the box.

- Boss Carr

#126680 - 09/12/11 12:08 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: rubberball103]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kennesaw (Atlanta) GA
"Anyone who respects the law and loves sausage will not want to see either one being made." - Mark Twain.

#126681 - 09/12/11 12:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Ryszard]
rubberball103 Offline
Apprentice

Any man smokin' in the prone position in the bed spends a night in the box.

- Boss Carr

#126682 - 09/12/11 12:36 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: rubberball103]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Any man smokin' in the prone position in the bed spends a night in the box.

- Boss Carr

???

#126683 - 09/12/11 01:15 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Ryszard]
rubberball103 Offline
Apprentice

Any man doesn't wash out his pop bottle spends a night in the box.

- Boss Carr

#126684 - 09/12/11 09:53 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Ryszard]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

"You can count on Americans to get things right, after they have exhausted all of the alternatives." -Winston Churchill

#126685 - 09/13/11 10:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Ryszard]
rubberball103 Offline
Apprentice

#126686 - 09/15/11 07:22 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Ryszard]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago

Well in the US when you want to change something you can always sign a petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-pres...-lacey-act-fair

#126687 - 09/15/11 07:29 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: MusicStudent]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
Thanks Dan.

#126688 - 09/16/11 12:47 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: MusicStudent]
rubberball103 Offline
Apprentice

Quote:

Well in the US when you want to change something you can always sign a petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-pres...-lacey-act-fair

You CAN but all it will do is maybe make you feel better. We don't even vote for our president so the whole idea of US democracy is just a sick joke.

#126689 - 09/16/11 02:15 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: rubberball103]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
The United States of America has never BEEN a democracy.

It is a Constitutional Republic.

Can't understand why folks first misname it and then proceed to voice negatives because the nation isn't apparently living up to what it never was in the first place...

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#126690 - 09/16/11 06:56 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Mac]
Shastastan Offline
Expert

Loc: CA
Thanks, Mac and here's one that I used to use in my avatar:

"The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know."

Stan

#126691 - 09/16/11 06:59 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Shastastan]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Right now I'm diggin' on me some Coltrane, the '58 recording of Stardust.

Yeah.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#126692 - 09/17/11 05:51 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Mac]
GDaddy Offline
Expert

Loc: Homosassa , Florida
Since I started this post, it has grown and grown and grown,
transmogrifying and morphing into all sorts of tidbits of
"information" about whatever.

Keep it up boys...I'd like to set a record for off-topic link that has been ruled "dead", and at this point is still goin' fast and furious...
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3

#126693 - 09/19/11 01:46 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Ryszard]
David Walker Offline
Apprentice

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The Federal Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. has suggested that the use of wood from India that is not finished by Indian workers is illegal, not because of U.S. law, but because it is the Justice Department’s interpretation of a law in India. (If the same wood from the same tree was finished by Indian workers, the material would be legal.) This action was taken without the support and consent of the government in India.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the wood wasn't cut (rough finish) by India people, Indians, then who was it cut by. If it was, no matter who they are, the wood would be finished in India making it legal. Shame on the Justic Department. just sayin'

#126694 - 09/19/11 04:55 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: David Walker]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
That quote is old David, nothing new has been announced since the raid.

That quote isn't really the point anyway. Find my posts a few pages up in this thread where I posted a link to the affidavit used by the investigator to show to a federal judge in order to get the probable cause warrant. The issue is falsifying official and very legal US Customs import documents. I'm not going to reiterate all that again, just read it. Since then I've seen several interviews with whats-his-name from Gibson. He's been on CNN, Hannity and one of the morning talk shows plus he's given interviews with the LA Times, Fox and a few more. Nobody including him has mentioned those Customs docs, all they talk about is what I've been calling smoke. Obama is trying to ship US jobs to India, blah, blah. All politics. No actual details of the warrant.

On the one hand I completely agree this raid shouldn't have happened, I think the tree hugging "save the forrest" stuff is mostly crap. Still, just like all the drug laws I don't agree with either (all that should be legal imho) we all know if you mess with drugs above simple low level possession and get caught you're gone for a very long time. Same here. Deliberately falsifying Customs forms is a felony, you can get five years for it depending on what's being smuggled plus a very big fine. A guy here at LAX recently got 3 years hard time for trying to smuggle in some protected parrots and declaring them to be something else.

Gibson knew those laws intimately because it's their business to know. If they did nothing wrong, the details of those Customs forms would have been talked about during those interviews yet it wasn't. What does that tell you?

Bob

#126695 - 09/19/11 06:40 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: jazzmammal]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Well, it tells <i>me</i> that the Gibson company is smart enough not to attempt to hold court on the street...

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#126696 - 09/19/11 07:32 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Feds Raid Gibson Guitar...again!? [Re: Mac]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
Mac,

Quote:

Well, it tells <i>me</i> that the Gibson company is smart enough not to attempt to hold court on the street...

Well said Mac. I'm sure the CEO has been told by the lawyers to be quiet about the particulars of the legal issues. The paperwork in question wasn't even filled out by Gibson, nor was it supposed to be. The Feds were even notified prior to the raid that the mistake was made by a junior clerk who worked for one of the importers. The Feds raided Gibson anyway.

The CEO, (let's call him J. ), has done a great job of PR, which is what he's supposed to do. The lawyers aren't getting $1000.00 an hour for nothing.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Forum Stats
27839 Members
57 Forums
53178 Topics
440766 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
alicetaylor, Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances

27839 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 138
Al-David 130