Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This is part of an original done by my friend in the 70's. I ran it through the ACW and then added RDs & a sax RT. I did this when RB first came out a couple years back. I also did the bass part.

Last edited by silvertones; 08/28/11 11:44 AM.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The ACW is a wonderful piece of programming. Hope Jeff and James keep up on it so it reaches full potential. As far as I know it can still cause issues with the new Elastique, right?

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Quote:

The ACW is a wonderful piece of programming. Hope Jeff and James keep up on it so it reaches full potential.

at it's full potential what are some af the things it will do that it doesn't do now

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
That's all I got from the link

"Sorry, we are unable to retrieve this document."

Chris
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, link is failing, may need to be on a list to retrieve it(?)

I explained in my post, pgboemike; I think the new Elastique stretching is having issues in RB with generating tracks that have tempo changes. Since one of the cool things about ACW is ability to line up tempos to existing recordings pretty exactly (down to thousandths of a second) it lost some usability here. Unless this got fixed and I missed it. Previous versions have the full potential.

Last edited by rharv; 08/28/11 10:55 AM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I think it's time to get rid of Google Docs. 95% of the time there's a problem with sharing.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
See if this is better
One Night Lady

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

See if this is better
One Night Lady

that link worked and...

MAN, what a great sounding song! Reminded me of something from Huey Lewis and the News SPORTS CD! Good job, John!

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Sounds great, John.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice indeed.

Later,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Okay, newbie time again.

What are you all talking about?

American Communications Workers? Accessibility Control Wizard? American Championship Wrestling?

Okay of course I know it is audio chord wizard, but again I have no idea what it is supposed to do. Chord wizard? I know my chords an my chord wheel. What is this? What does it do? How do you use it? Another plug-in thing that requires you standing on one leg while holding down 4 specific keys to load it? Does it correct sloppy play or what? Would it pull my awful singing up those couple of cents I am flat? There's a glitch in the matrix. The world's not right. MOMMY!!!!

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
+1

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Just ran a song through it, and even after ACW, I still sing a little flat.... ;-)

On a serious note, ACW screen is up and my song is playing. I see a button above that says "OK- Send to RB." What is that going to do, overwrite the song as it was before I did this? I really like what I had and this doesn't sound any different so there should be no harm if I do this, but I just wanted to check.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
ACW allows you to (for instance) open an mp3 in RB, use the ACW to get the chords, and set the tempo to the mp3 (or wav or whatever) and send it back to RB, so you can then generate additional parts, or just have the chords and record more parts, or finish a piece you started years ago.
Very powerful.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
OHHHH!!!!! THAT'S what that is all about. You mean I could import an MP3 of a Yes tune and it would detect the chords??

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Eddie,

For a guy who already knows the chords, or can listen to most tunes and surmise what the changes are, the ACW may not seem to be of much value, something for folks that don't have that knowledge or ability. Nothing could be further from the truth, as I have found out, using the ACW when you are tasked with building a chart or a recording for a tune that is already recorded somewhere can be invaluable. If for no other reason than you can start by hitting New in the program, load the audio file into the ACW, get things straight there and hit the 'send' button to get a full layout of the song in one button push. Even if it does identify some of the chords wrong, correcting a few chords is a LOT less hassle than filling out chordsheet from the gitgo, plus no measure counting, etc.

I've often thought that the thing would be a great tool for someone who is tasked with the making of sheets or fakebooks or the like, for the above reasons. Likely there are some out there doing just that.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

OHHHH!!!!! THAT'S what that is all about. You mean I could import an MP3 of a Yes tune and it would detect the chords??

Correct. It's not perfect by a long shot but it's very good. The example I did was a song my friend recored back in the 70's. He sent me the MP3 minus the bass. I ran it through the ACW to get the chords. Did a little fixing. Then in the chord sheet I added the BLUE & GREEN part markers. OH. Before sending to RB I sat there with the F8 key tapping in the tempo for a few measures. Once the tune was in RB I just chose a RD part and generated. Then a sax part and generated. I could have gone on with as many parts as I wanted . All in perfect time and the right chords.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Playing with it now. Looks interesting and cool at the same time.

So far it isn't even close, as I am loading a song from my old band's CD that I know.... but this is why we play and how we learn. I am already at a loss where to set bar 1. At -1, 0 .... because the first chord is already wrong and I can't see the pattern of the intro even if it is just a transposition issue. But hey, this is song one.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Well you know Bar 1 is like: 1,2,3,4 Bar1 not counting any pick up phrases.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Very under-rated tool, another thing PGMusic has that is better than other DAW's. Not perfect; none are. But having the ability to *quickly* create a seq file from an existing recording is awesome. Then being able to add or generate tracks to it. Should be a huge feature in the advertisements in my eyes, but instead it seems a little discussed feature.

There's a video around here somewhere showing a quick tutorial on using it.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199