Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I just heard from Paule(Ray's wife) and she said he passed away last night very peacefully
in his sleep. She is going to get her Brother to get on the PG music forum to read the responses. Paule wanted to say thanks for all your concern.occ

Paule, if your brother prints out these messages so you can read them, I want you to know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers for a long time to come. All of us here benefitted enormously from the generosity of your beloved husband. We will miss him as I'm sure everyone who knew him will. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
So sorry to hear of Ray's passing. He was a real gentleman. He will be sorely missed around these parts.

Kevin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Life is fleeting like a wisp of fog on the water.
The morning breeze makes it seem substantial but
soon the rising sun's rays illuminate it and it turns
as all things do, into something elsewhere, no longer seen

We remember it, as we do our departed friends,
hoping to re-unite in spirit, to smile once more.

See ya Ray.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Oh man. Oh man.

Condolences and hugs and gentle songs to Ray's family and friends, and to all of us here. He was one of the good ones, and we will miss him a lot.

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Paule,

I considered Ray to be a dear friend and an inspiration to all of us on these forums. His selfless contributions in terms of sharing his knowledge through his fabulous tutorials will continue to live on in the hearts of all of his many, many friends.

Ray said he used my BIAB tune to “clean his ears out” and would put it on REPEAT and just listen. That is the sincerest complement that a fellow musician could possibly hope to receive. Therefore, click this link to listen: http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11144065&q=hi and I hope that everybody here that knew Ray will follow suit. I sincerely hope that you enjoy it as much as Ray did, Paule.

I have often considered death to be cruelest to the survivors. Is there anything at all that we, his friends, can do for you, Paule? Collectively, this group can move mountains and has often done so for me. Give us an opportunity to show that “love” is an active verb.

I won’t turn this into a religious topic but, if you want scriptural encouragement, speak to Jehovah’s Witnesses when they next knock at your door. They can ease your mind regarding the condition of our dead loved ones.

Meanwhile, be assured that you are loved by this generous group of Ray’s friends.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
OC,
Thanks for keeping us abreast of the situation. Would you also please pass my condolences and support to Paule, and let her know that we are here for her.

Ray was about as real as they got, and I will miss him, his humor, and most of all, his joi de vive

See ya at the Bema, buddy!

Gary

Last edited by Gary Curran; 10/18/11 09:29 AM.

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
So very sad....
Rest Peacefully Ray,
You will be greatly missed here.
Dave.

Off-Topic
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Ray and I were perhaps a bit in the minority here (being piano players); we traded a few songs in midi and wave format a few years ago. He was working on an album of gospel piano solos, and we discussed via e-mail how to get a realistic sound from a digital piano. I offered to render his midis to wave using Pianoteq which he like very much. However his integrity resulted in him using his own DP for everything; his strength of character was always obvious.

He offered up any advice he could to help anyone, and freely took advice from others where appropriate. All in all I'd say a very kind, generous, and gentle man, and I for one will surely miss him.

I believe I have a few of his midis on my HDD - I'll play them for you tonight Ray.

Glenn

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Paule,Alan from the UK here.
I did Ray a message because you all wanted to hear my
English accent.

I must say how very sad it is to hear the news,to say it
comes as a great shock is an understatement.

I had no idea Ray was so ill.

Of course you have my deepest sympathy,I know no words can
make it better,but time is a great healer.

Best wishes to you all at this sad time.

R.I.P Ray,it was a pleasure to have known you.

Alan

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
RIP Ray, I enjoyed your posts and our tunes by email

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
RIP Ray and may God bless the family.

I didn't know Ray well, but he always came across as a heckuva nice guy. His free tutorials on BIAB and RB are a testament to his giving spirit.

He will be missed.

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Rest in peace Ray, safe in the arms of Jesus.

1 Cor. 15;51 ¶ Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

See you on the other side, brother.

Don S.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Sorry to hear about Ray...
I've been out of touch with my wi-fi's weak-a__ signal.

Nuther sattelite falling down this weekend..."Space Coast==Space Junk...

It's the same-o, same-o...

live today as if it was your last...!!

See you soon, Ray..for that grand ol' blue-grass/gospel/blues/jazz-tinged stuff JAMS are made of

Yamaha...Motif ES-8, Motif Rack, CS6X
Korg...Karma,Triton Classic, PA-80, M-1+
AkaiSampler-S5000, Roland.. X5080 Rack/G-1000 Arranger
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I had the pleasure of assisting Ray on one of his CD's he made for friends and family. The music was all Gospel. Ray loved the Lord and played the Piano in a church band for a while. I know he Blessed many people with his talent and his love of the Music of The Lord.

If you believe the Word of God: To be absent the body is to be present with the Lord. No more suffering for Ray, he is experiencing Joy unspeakable and full of GLORY !

Ray would write Hallelujah in some of his posts here at the forum. He had the Joy of the Lord in his life and ALWAYS encouraged me when I sent him a song I done. He had a great ear and gave it to me straight when my vocal pitch was flat. I admired Ray for many things and will miss him dearly. I also believe we will meet again one day.

Tickle those ivories Ray.

Eddie

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

1 Cor. 15;51 ¶ Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Don S.

Amen. These are words we all need to hear. Thanks Don

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I never met Ray of course, but I know he'll be one of those I'll be "Shakin' hands in Heaven" with.
Sorry he has left us, and condolences to his family and friends.

Blessings,
Mark.
JUMP - you might FLY !
( Gospel songs on www.soundclick.com/mark1000 )
Web site - www.freewebs.com/fishmarkos1
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

Don S.

Ray offered to help me with one of my projects. I became too busy and never got around to completing the project, or getting back to Ray. Oh well, I'll miss you Ray...I'll have to wait until we are reunited, then we can jam!

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
So ray what's it like being up there with
unlimited polyphony & channels
no longer bound by the 256 bar limit
Having the choirs of angels stand in for the tc helicon
Completely fulfilled wish lists

Thanks for all your help & support when it was our privilege to know you
May the life you've just begun be joyful beyond what you could have imagined
PWP play with passion then if you get tired RIP

Last edited by pghboemike; 10/26/11 07:32 AM.

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195