You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#131202 - 10/18/11 07:23 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: occ]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

I just heard from Paule(Ray's wife) and she said he passed away last night very peacefully
in his sleep. She is going to get her Brother to get on the PG music forum to read the responses. Paule wanted to say thanks for all your concern.occ

Paule, if your brother prints out these messages so you can read them, I want you to know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers for a long time to come. All of us here benefitted enormously from the generosity of your beloved husband. We will miss him as I'm sure everyone who knew him will. Thank you for sharing him with us.

#131203 - 10/18/11 07:27 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: Keith from Oz]
Kevin Woolley Offline
Expert

Loc: Pietersburg, South Africa
So sorry to hear of Ray's passing. He was a real gentleman. He will be sorely missed around these parts.

Kevin

#131204 - 10/18/11 08:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: Kevin Woolley]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
Life is fleeting like a wisp of fog on the water.
The morning breeze makes it seem substantial but
soon the rising sun's rays illuminate it and it turns
as all things do, into something elsewhere, no longer seen

We remember it, as we do our departed friends,
hoping to re-unite in spirit, to smile once more.

See ya Ray.

#131205 - 10/18/11 09:41 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: John Conley]
filkertom Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Oh man. Oh man.

Condolences and hugs and gentle songs to Ray's family and friends, and to all of us here. He was one of the good ones, and we will miss him a lot.
Win10/64 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2017 • Reaper 5
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#131206 - 10/18/11 11:50 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: filkertom]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Paule,

I considered Ray to be a dear friend and an inspiration to all of us on these forums. His selfless contributions in terms of sharing his knowledge through his fabulous tutorials will continue to live on in the hearts of all of his many, many friends.

Ray said he used my BIAB tune to “clean his ears out” and would put it on REPEAT and just listen. That is the sincerest complement that a fellow musician could possibly hope to receive. Therefore, click this link to listen: http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11144065&q=hi and I hope that everybody here that knew Ray will follow suit. I sincerely hope that you enjoy it as much as Ray did, Paule.

I have often considered death to be cruelest to the survivors. Is there anything at all that we, his friends, can do for you, Paule? Collectively, this group can move mountains and has often done so for me. Give us an opportunity to show that “love” is an active verb.

I won’t turn this into a religious topic but, if you want scriptural encouragement, speak to Jehovah’s Witnesses when they next knock at your door. They can ease your mind regarding the condition of our dead loved ones.

Meanwhile, be assured that you are loved by this generous group of Ray’s friends.

#131207 - 10/18/11 12:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: JEP]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa 98370
OC,
Thanks for keeping us abreast of the situation. Would you also please pass my condolences and support to Paule, and let her know that we are here for her.

Ray was about as real as they got, and I will miss him, his humor, and most of all, his joi de vive

See ya at the Bema, buddy!

Gary

Edited by Gary Curran (10/18/11 12:29 PM)

#131208 - 10/18/11 01:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: occ]
davemilleruk Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Devon UK
So very sad....
Rest Peacefully Ray,
You will be greatly missed here.
Dave.

#131209 - 10/18/11 01:27 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: davemilleruk]
Glenn Kolot Offline
Veteran

Loc: Victoria BC home of PG Music
Ray and I were perhaps a bit in the minority here (being piano players); we traded a few songs in midi and wave format a few years ago. He was working on an album of gospel piano solos, and we discussed via e-mail how to get a realistic sound from a digital piano. I offered to render his midis to wave using Pianoteq which he like very much. However his integrity resulted in him using his own DP for everything; his strength of character was always obvious.

He offered up any advice he could to help anyone, and freely took advice from others where appropriate. All in all I'd say a very kind, generous, and gentle man, and I for one will surely miss him.

I believe I have a few of his midis on my HDD - I'll play them for you tonight Ray.

Glenn

#131210 - 10/18/11 03:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: Glenn Kolot]
guitarman Offline
Expert

Loc: U.K
Hi Paule,Alan from the UK here.
I did Ray a message because you all wanted to hear my
English accent.

I must say how very sad it is to hear the news,to say it
comes as a great shock is an understatement.

I had no idea Ray was so ill.

Of course you have my deepest sympathy,I know no words can
make it better,but time is a great healer.

Best wishes to you all at this sad time.

R.I.P Ray,it was a pleasure to have known you.

Alan

#131211 - 10/18/11 04:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: guitarman]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
RIP Ray, I enjoyed your posts and our tunes by email

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#131212 - 10/18/11 06:41 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: furry]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
RIP Ray and may God bless the family.

I didn't know Ray well, but he always came across as a heckuva nice guy. His free tutorials on BIAB and RB are a testament to his giving spirit.

He will be missed.

#131213 - 10/18/11 07:12 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Curmudgeon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Henderson, NV
Rest in peace Ray, safe in the arms of Jesus.

1 Cor. 15;51 ¶ Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

See you on the other side, brother.

Don S.

#131214 - 10/21/11 07:01 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: Curmudgeon]
GDaddy Offline
Expert

Loc: Homosassa , Florida
Sorry to hear about Ray...
I've been out of touch with my wi-fi's weak-a__ signal.

Nuther sattelite falling down this weekend..."Space Coast==Space Junk...

It's the same-o, same-o...

live today as if it was your last...!!

See you soon, Ray..for that grand ol' blue-grass/gospel/blues/jazz-tinged stuff JAMS are made of
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3

#131215 - 10/21/11 08:41 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: GDaddy]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I had the pleasure of assisting Ray on one of his CD's he made for friends and family. The music was all Gospel. Ray loved the Lord and played the Piano in a church band for a while. I know he Blessed many people with his talent and his love of the Music of The Lord.

If you believe the Word of God: To be absent the body is to be present with the Lord. No more suffering for Ray, he is experiencing Joy unspeakable and full of GLORY !

Ray would write Hallelujah in some of his posts here at the forum. He had the Joy of the Lord in his life and ALWAYS encouraged me when I sent him a song I done. He had a great ear and gave it to me straight when my vocal pitch was flat. I admired Ray for many things and will miss him dearly. I also believe we will meet again one day.

Tickle those ivories Ray.

Eddie

#131216 - 10/22/11 08:21 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: Curmudgeon]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

1 Cor. 15;51 ¶ Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Don S.

Amen. These are words we all need to hear. Thanks Don

#131217 - 10/25/11 05:52 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: Pat Marr]
mark1 Offline
Expert

Loc: N.Ireland
I never met Ray of course, but I know he'll be one of those I'll be "Shakin' hands in Heaven" with.
Sorry he has left us, and condolences to his family and friends.
( Gospel songs on www.soundclick.com/mark1000 )
Web site - www.freewebs.com/fishmarkos1

#131218 - 10/26/11 09:29 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: Curmudgeon]
cressjl Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Blue Ridge of Virginia
Quote:

Don S.

Ray offered to help me with one of my projects. I became too busy and never got around to completing the project, or getting back to Ray. Oh well, I'll miss you Ray...I'll have to wait until we are reunited, then we can jam!

#131219 - 10/26/11 10:21 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Update on Ray Thigpen [Re: occ]
pghboemike Offline
Veteran

So ray what's it like being up there with
unlimited polyphony & channels
no longer bound by the 256 bar limit
Having the choirs of angels stand in for the tc helicon
Completely fulfilled wish lists

Thanks for all your help & support when it was our privilege to know you
May the life you've just begun be joyful beyond what you could have imagined
PWP play with passion then if you get tired RIP

Edited by pghboemike (10/26/11 10:32 AM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The December release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)

- Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!
- Complete New Features Video
- 2018 Audio Chord Wizard
- Vocal Oohs and Aahs
- Video RealTracks
- 202 NEW RealTracks
- 40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 520 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Windows users can download the latest free patch update, Build 250, here.

Summary of changes for Build 520 since 519 (July 17 2018):
Added: Save As style feature has support for MIDI velocity changes if volumes aren’t 90 on mixer when saved.
Added: Support for MIDI velocity changes in styles. Use the Misc-More dialog in StyleMaker to set velocity changes in MIDI styles.
Fixed: [Style Memos etc] button was not visible in the Style Editor -> Misc dialog.
Fixed: Bar lines would not display properly in the Audio Edit window if launching through the menu item "Audio Chord Wizard (Audio Edit)".
Fixed: Hitting the Return key while in the Audio Edit window might trigger Loop Screen mode.
Updated: PDF Manual and Help.

User Blog - Recording and Processing Vocals Using RealBand...

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post is a "start to finish" of how she records and processes vocals for her songs using her three "go-to" programs: RealBand, Melodyne, and Nectar from Izotope (with a little help from Band-in-a-Box...)!

Check out this blog post here.

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Forum Stats
27719 Members
50 Forums
52625 Topics
436209 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Biazine, walletss, sosa, LaurieS, jigelaz

27719 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 168
Al-David 144