8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Ok, the dancing part is funny. But please tell me this is NOT common practice for the USA policeforce to determin wether or not a person has been drinking. (I mean the ridiculous touching the nose and walking a straight line thing)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Great clip from Reno 911, that show is wild.

Later,

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Ok, the dancing part is funny. But please tell me this is NOT common practice for the USA policeforce to determin wether or not a person has been drinking. (I mean the ridiculous touching the nose and walking a straight line thing)

Yes. But with circumstances. They also have a breathalizer test where you blow into a tube and it measures how much alcohol you've got in your system. It's pretty accurate too.

I kind of think that one shown here is more of a performance than anything else. All the silly dancing and such ... I don't think that would really be allowed. And the officer is a pretty woman in the video. ;-)

Russ
Anyday above ground is a good day

Computer is Hp Pavillion Vision
6 Ghz quad core AMD processor
8 Gig memory
1 TB hard drive
6 GB hard drive
Windows 7 Premium
Loose nut behind the keyboard laugh

Off-Topic
H
Apprentice
Apprentice
H
Fake, but funny.

Like the man said, "ain't that a kick in the head!"
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

The nose touching and straight line thing is indeed part of the standard sobriety road test. Flunk that and you may move up to the breathalyzer test next.

Celebrate diversity, man.

--Mac

Off-Topic
H
Apprentice
Apprentice
H
They always want them to say the alphabet backwards. I can't do that sober. Most cops I know can't even say it forward. You're best off to refuse to do any of these tests.

Like the man said, "ain't that a kick in the head!"
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah,
That's Reno 911, it's a television show. It's supposed to be a take off on COPS, which is a reality show, but Reno 911 is pure comedy.

It's funny, though.

Mike, as Mac says, the nose and straight line test are part of it. What that does is to determine if your balance is impaired. You tilt your head back, close your eyes, and try to touch your nose. If you are drunk, usually you will fall down...or miss, significantly. The heel to toe straight like also tests balance. Again, if you're drunk, you can't do it, you'll fall over. They are very effective tests at determining if you are 'impaired' whether alcohol or drugs.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Russ,

I hope you know that is fake?

They have disposable pre-breathalizer testers they can use as well. But, they need probable cause to stop you in the first place. In Cali, you can't refuse to take the test, unless you want to automatically get your driving privilege suspended for a year. The DMV can also suspend your license just for being arrested for DUI now, no need for a conviction;)

The officer should have some ammo for court, that is why they do several different types of tests.

But, that was funny to watch Russ.

Trax

Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

In Cali, you can't refuse to take the test, unless you want to automatically get your driving privilege suspended for a year. The DMV can also suspend your license just for being arrested for DUI now, no need for a conviction;)

That doesn't sound like the land of the free where we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.

Oh.

It is Califoreignia.

I remember when you guys used to be free.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Over here the cops don't need probable cause, they can pull anyone over at any time & breath test them. Randon breath testing.
Often a number of police cars will line up on a road and pull a line of cars over & breath test every driver. They don't use the plastic tubes & bags anymore, it's a small handheld machine (similar to a multimeter) that you must speak into (usually a count from one to ten.)

Cheers,
Keith
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I've seen this before ... funny as heck, but what is the funniest part of the whole thing, is the cop asking "Are you a dancer?" - Man replies "No, I'm just drunk!" Off to jail! LOL!

Anyway ... cool to see that one again ... it solidifies the fact that drunks are very smart and inventive, until they slip up! He could have just said "YES, I am a dancer!" He may have been driving home that night! LOL!

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Quote:

That doesn't sound like the land of the free where we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.

Here in Oz the presumption of innocence holds true - like anyplace that has England as the progenitor of its legal system (thanks to Runnymede) - EXCEPT for the motor traffic act in each state, and all TAX legislation. In matters concerning these legislations you are presumed guilty on the accusation of the officer (police or tax). I.e. you must prove your innocence, they do not have to prove guilt.

Last edited by Lawrie; 02/04/09 05:46 PM.

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
You're only paranoid if you're wrong!
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Unfortunately, I have lived to see things become much the same here, too...

Off-Topic
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Quote:

Over here the cops don't need probable cause, they can pull anyone over at any time & breath test them. Random breath testing.
Often a number of police cars will line up on a road and pull a line of cars over & breath test every driver. They don't use the plastic tubes & bags anymore, it's a small handheld machine (similar to a multimeter) that you must speak into (usually a count from one to ten.)

Very similar laws here. I've been through at least two roadblocks. First they ask you a few questions and look you over carefully. If there are any suspicions, you would be "invited" to step out and produce your op's license. Then if you fumble a bit more, they might ask for the vehicle registration, while further sizing you up. The law requires that the op license be carried while driving and the vehicle registration must be produced within 24 hours.

If you fumble some more, the "invitation" to a small breathalyzer test is offered. If you refuse the offer, you get a free car ride to the station. Then it gets worse.

Glenn

PS: On both occasions, they sized me up, and said, "have a good evening sir". I don't ever drink and drive. Too dumb and potentially far too expensive.

Getting serious about drunk drivers has taken a long time, and hopefully the "good ol' boys" will catch up with reality. Serious drunk driving that results in another person's death, is sometimes called manslaughter or criminal negligence, not an infringement of the drunk's freedoms.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I am reformed. I once passed out with the car nose in the snowbank, door open, engine running and they drove me home, went and got my truck and told my wife to have a nice night.

The old days.

Now one beer and someone else drives. I had my son bringing me home from a Band practice one night and I was really loaded. The cops at the time all knew me, I was the arson and explosion investigator for the FD. The female cop leans in the window and goes wow John someone has really been drinking, my 19 year old son says ya, but he probably still drives better than me and all I had was a coffee....

I guess I told her she was sexy in that uniform and something to the effect she could handcuff me anytime, which ended up being a running joke. I was involved in a rear end accident where some moron hit and run me, and she was the investigator, and she shows up at my door, and asks if I want to give a statement with or without the handcuffs. I just got a tad red, I would never say sober anything to her like I did that night at the stop and blow, or Ride check. Ride stands for Reduce Impaird Driving Everywhere.

Someone asked me if I wanted to join Mothers Against Drunk Driving or MADD, and I said that ...I have been called a mother a few times but I belong to DAMM, Drunks against mad mothers...oh well bad taste runs in my cheap vino.....

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

In Cali, you can't refuse to take the test, unless you want to automatically get your driving privilege suspended for a year. The DMV can also suspend your license just for being arrested for DUI now, no need for a conviction;)

Oh.

It is Califoreignia.

I remember when you guys used to be free.

--Mac

When you apply for a license, you give up that right.

Trax

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
In most states that I am aware of, in the U.S., failure to take a breathalyzer is an automatic arrest, and suspension of your license for one year. Of course, failure to pass the breathalyzer, or blood test is also an automatic arrest and suspension of your license for a year, so they get you coming or going.

The best way to avoid it is not to drink and drive.
In some locales drunk driving accidents that result in injuries or fatalities they are attempting to go after the establishment, and even the individual bartender, as an accessory to the crime.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
A Driver's License is legally a privilege (sp?) and not a right.

There was once a time when in some states, the State Trooper or even a Traffic Cop could confiscate your Driver's License and you would have to appear in a court of law to try to get it back! That was a long, long time ago.

Pennsylvania started the roadblock thing where every car is stopped on the pretense of looking for drunk drivers about 8 or 9 years ago while I still lived up there.

I don't drink, but there's more to it than just the annoyance of waiting in a long line of cars that have been funneled down into a single lane checkpoint where a young cop sticks their face in your window and asks if you've been drinking while sniffing the air.

They also have other cops front and rear validating Inspection Stickers, License Registration stickers, plus a cop with a radio calling in your particulars in a random search for any outstanding warrants or other violations they can apply. Phishing at its finest, a regular fishing expedition.

Then comes the kicker, the ultimate question: "Do you have any drugs, weapons, firearms (and as one cop once asked us, 'nuclear devices') in the vehicle?"

If you say "no" to the above, the next question is the clincher: "Mind if I search?"

Just. Say. Yes.

As in, "Of course I mind if you search."

That little matter of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, dontcha know.

No warrant, no searchee.

I would just hand 'em my Driver's License AND my Concealed Carry Permit all at the same time.

There once was a time when I could badge 'em...

I'm sure John knows what that means.

They usually look at those two pieces of information and hurriedly wave you on by.

Then they're on to the next poor citizen.

"Papers, bitte!"

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Mac,

Badge em- we call a fishing license

Trax

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195