Page 1 of 2 1 2
#133342 11/11/11 10:37 PM
Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
J
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
J
How about some real tracks that feature slick country piano stylings like you hear in recordings? I'm not talking about chunk-a-chunk rhythm patterns, but actual backing licks, turn-arounds, fill-ins and all that, such as present in the jazz piano real tracks, but, rather, played with a country flavor. You've got a lot of that already in guitar and steel, but not in piano. Think of tunes like Behind Closed Doors, Brown Eyes Blue, Make The World Go Away, After the Lovin', and countless others. The jazz piano real tracks don't quite get it for such tunes. If such request is too late for any possible updates in December, how about in the next go-around?

J. Larry #133343 11/15/11 08:22 AM
Veteran
Veteran
You've got my vote on that one ! Some honky-tonk would be coold as well

furry #133344 11/17/11 06:06 PM
Expert
Expert
Yes indeed..

J. Larry #133345 11/22/11 03:39 PM
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Absolutely! There is no R&B piano either except a track called "Pop funky texas" or something like that. It's well played but sounds more like some sort of hybrid cha cha trying to fit into a rock/blues genre. Miles Black is an accomplished pianist but this kind of music is just not his bag.Sorry, Miles...you're a great player but R&b,country, blues, and rock and roll just aren't played that way.As I mentioned earlier (but can no longer find my comments)in addition,broadening of available real tracks for tenor sax, harmonica and lead guitar into this genre would really tweak Biab to a new level. If a package is put together for this I am sure it will sell fast and furious. Just my take.

Brian K #133346 11/25/11 11:20 AM
J
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
J
Here it is, close to another upgrade (hopefully), and I'm still wishing. I can't think of these wishes in the abstract, but only discover them as I need them. In addition to more country-flavored piano stylings previously alluded to, I'd like to see a swinging piano real track that fits most medium to up-swing western swing stylings. I can often make the jazz bebop acoustic piano rhythm work, but, it would be nice to have a choice of an up-tempo jazzy (sort of) honky-tonk piano, with a country western swing feel to it. How's that for confusion? Just listen to some of the old Bob Wills recordings, Asleep At The Wheel, and other groups for examples. Some of the midi country piano styles work fine; but, it would be great to have many of those stylings as real tracks, with that little extra human touch.

J. Larry #133347 11/27/11 11:55 AM
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Well, not to be a wise guy, but if you know what you want and it isn't there, can't you just play it in by hand that one time?

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
eddie1261 #133348 11/27/11 04:43 PM
Veteran
Veteran
If I could do that I wouldn't need biab LOL LOL LOL

furry #133349 11/28/11 09:43 PM
J
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
J
Hey, I'm a guitarist, not a piano player. I want BIAB to do the work for me. That's why I purchase each upgrade---to get the great styles and instruments that I don't play.

J. Larry #133350 11/28/11 11:59 PM
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Yeah! Why is that so hard to understand? I can't find any rock/R&B/blues piano that doesn't sound lounge lizard or over-schooled and remind me of high school music teachers pretending to be musicians. Any real authentic tracks in there for these styles? Is it in there? If so please will someone please direct me to it?

Brian K #133351 12/18/11 10:32 AM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
As you may have noticed, we just added this!

John Jarvis Rock and Country piano tracks,

Rock: Check out RealTracks 137 on this page: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.realtracks.htm

Country: Check out RealTracks Bonus Set 2: John Jarvis Country Piano
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2012.htm

John Jarvis has won CMA (Country Music Association) Pianist of the Year CMA Award

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Peter,

Thank you for making that available...those are great tracks and really fill that slot very well! I have everything pack 2010.5 (or 2011...not sure on that point) with the 318 rebuild. I am not clear on how to get those John Jarvis tracks. Also the new Paul Franklin tracks.Could you advise please? Would like to add that BIAB has enabled me to write some new songs and I'm really glad I bought it. Having trouble though with country ballad styles getting Wanda Vick's fiddle and Steve Hinson's pedal steel tracks to follow the chord progressions. Is there a fix like there was for the Brent Mason tracks or is it just a playing style thing? Thanks...and Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Brian K; 12/25/11 10:51 AM.
Brian K #133353 01/17/12 10:44 AM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
BrianK an upgrade is in store.

The John Jarvis track really shine.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Rob Helms #133354 01/18/12 07:43 AM
Expert
Expert
The John Jarvis tracks are an excellent start, I love them and would like to see more as well as the aforementioned styles. Also some Hargus "Pig" Robbins, Ronnie Milsap and Matt Rollings.

Some more good stuff coming hopefully.

Rob Helms #133355 01/22/12 01:40 AM
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Robh,

You mean that is getting fixed? Sure hope so...those tracks are just not accurate.

Been listening to the "new" country real tracks looking for something to expand my 2011 everything pack real styles but, though there are some new treatments they all are still in straight 4/4 except that one 16th "folk" groove Some very good improvements in some lead instruments...but still I don't think there's anything new for back ground country ballad fiddle, bluegrass lead acoustic or rock/r&b sax. As far as rhythm section tracks it all sounds like country from ages past...still no half time tracks...nothing modern...(by that I mean even the last twenty years.) They're good and definitely getting better all the time but who actually plays rhythm section tracks ONLY like that anymore? (Always straight 4 or 2.)The players are good...they can play it if asked to so I wonder what's the problem? Sorry if I sound like a whiner...I'm just wishing for more rhythmic variation.

If PG would just listen to what's out there please! Get with the times!I bet we'll buy it...in droves! Believe me! Maybe you need a new producer in the studio who listens more to today's popular music.When I hear the great work with old styles I wonder why there is no treatment of half time grooves.There's nothing new or esoteric about half time. Just go back and listen to "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" by The Band....or "A Little Past Little Rock" by Lee Ann Womack. Martina McBride has a new hit called "I'm gonna love You Through It" that's a great example of what I'm referring to and most pop ballads are played this way. Why should that groove be so hard to record as real tracks? Please accept these comments as constructive criticism. These "praise and worship" tracks must be very popular given how many there are but they are not very suitable to modern country pop/crossover writers. (1,2,a3a4 and a1,2,a3a4...very repetitive) You hear any of that stuff on the radio in hit songs? I don't.Maybe I'm just expecting too much diversity stylistically. Still...it's just not that hard to play and the drummers are all great players...is it a sync problem for the real track technology or something to take two measures of four and put the snare on 3 and time out the tracks and drum fills accordingly? OK...then you'd need to redo all the other tracks as well to fit that groove and maybe you just don't want to spend the money...maybe it's a bigger endeavor than it seems to one who doesn't know what's involved. I don't know...or maybe your target market is largely amateur and student level.Am I the only person who's looking for these treatments? I haven't seen anyone else bring it up. Just imagine what a tweak that would be!

Sorry if it's in there somewhere and I just can't find it but I've looked pretty extensively.Thanks for listening.

Cheers

Last edited by Brian K; 01/22/12 02:12 PM.
toucher #133356 01/22/12 02:16 PM
B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
B
Toucher,

Matt Rollings! You bet! I've watched him on sessions...the guy can play literally ANYTHING! Imagine some half time country and ballad tracks with him filling in! What an awesome addition THAT would be!

Brian K #133357 02/16/12 02:24 PM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I do agree that a few more country piano tracks would be nice. I have dropped the John Jarvis tracks in on several tunes so far and really love them. I love the work Pig Robbins always did,great example. The 2012 is worth the price just for the new tracks. Jarvis did come with the bonus pack

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
toucher #133358 02/27/12 05:12 PM
M
M
I Totally Agree !!

M
M
Hi Peter, I missed out on this one. I'm looking to purchase this, it is however not available. You're right with John Jarvis !! More Country licks from him would be great !!

O
O
Floyd Cramer Please

M
M
Hi, I've looking for the BB 2012 Bonus Pak ( I know its not available) If you you know if anyone who has this I would gladly pay for the cost of this cd. as well as mailing fees.
sincerely Mike Dubacher

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,480
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195