Band-in-a-Box for Windows
C
Cerio Online Content OP
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
C
Quote:

I don't see your point either....so far I have had no problem with the undo, I don't have a problem with the interface and with 80 per cent of the things you mentioned. My problem about Biab has always been the chord recognition (uncalled for alterations, extensions, etc, even with the options disabled) and the fact that there isn't a MIDI software module that can match the quality of a Ketron SD2 at the very least, without spending a small fortune on a MIDI module.

I'm pretty sure that every user uses the program in his own way, depending of his interests, his abilities and his own way of working. Not being a pianist myself, for example, I don't care about chord recognition in BIAB, but that doesn't make your problem "ridicolous", I wouldn't never say that. It's a legitimate problem, and you're doing well exposing it here or in the wishlist.

In the same way, I've lost a lot ot time (believe me) because the Undo feature didn't worked when it supposed to do, that's why I exposed this particular problem (between others) here, in the hope that Peter and his team will address it on future updates. Of course I can live with it, but I'm not doing nothing "ridicolous" reporting the problem here.

With all respects, what I've never understood is why some people make sarcastic comments about other people's suggestions (or, even worse, disrespectful assumptions about these persons) just because that suggestions don't fit with their particular interests or their personal way of working .

Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

Quote:

Cerio,
I would argue, however, that BIAB is not a full fledged sequencer like Cubase and doesn't claim to be.

why not? Realband was made to offer Cubase-like functionality plus the Biab accompaniment. They are all sequencers. They are all program that allow you to record MIDI or audio and edit it. Never understood this dumb stigma where basically someone says with the nose up in the air: 'uh, no, if it's not Cubase 513b then I don't feel professional enough'

I still use Cubase, mainly because I have my older projects on it. Cubase LE version 1, paid 15 bucks used. Would never spend more than that on it, but on Biab I have no problem spending some money on.

why not? it simply isn't. if you use Cubase then you should know that RB doesn't come close to being a full fledged sequencer. that's OK. it's a tool that has a place in the market. but it's not cubase.

you're being a little too "defensive" here - it's not about DAW "snobbery." it's not about "feeling professional." there are many functions Cubase can do that RB cannot. but RB is not designed to do those things. it's designed to integrate BIAB styles and RT into a managable format.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

Quote:

I don't see your point either....so far I have had no problem with the undo, I don't have a problem with the interface and with 80 per cent of the things you mentioned. My problem about Biab has always been the chord recognition (uncalled for alterations, extensions, etc, even with the options disabled) and the fact that there isn't a MIDI software module that can match the quality of a Ketron SD2 at the very least, without spending a small fortune on a MIDI module.

I'm pretty sure that every user uses the program in his own way, depending of his interests, his abilities and his own way of working. Not being a pianist myself, for example, I don't care about chord recognition in BIAB, but that doesn't make your problem "ridicolous", I wouldn't never say that. It's a legitimate problem, and you're doing well exposing it here or in the wishlist.

In the same way, I've lost a lot ot time (believe me) because the Undo feature didn't worked when it supposed to do, that's why I exposed this particular problem (between others) here, in the hope that Peter and his team will address it on future updates. Of course I can live with it, but I'm not doing nothing "ridicolous" reporting the problem here.

With all respects, what I've never understood is why some people make sarcastic comments about other people's suggestions (or, even worse, disrespectful assumptions about these persons) just because that suggestions don't fit with their particular interests or their personal way of working .

there have been numerous times I've tried to undo something and it will undo more than the last thing I did. that's my beef with it. I want clean, simple one function undo.

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

I actually found very strange the inclusion of Amplitube. It's a useful vst if you want to record your guitar, but why would anyone choose a realtrack DI guitar with Amplitube rather than a realtrack with the recording from a real tube amp. I much prefer the latter, but hey...

First, over the years I have found that not all new features are liked by all the different uses and users of BiaB. Your own chosen use of the program may or may not require using one or more of any new features, but that doesn't mean that there are others who have been dying for just that one new feature.

I've taken to calling Band in a Box 2012 "The Producer's Edition" - simply because the addition of the ability to have Dry realguitar tracks, among others, and also the ability to combine two or more VSTi softsynths for MIDI parts, allows for a lot more ability when producing a finished product.

As for the Guitar Amp/Cab simulators, when in the process of creating a mix to get a certain overall sound going, sometimes being able to "reamp" a guitar track, making it more gritty, less gritty, or maybe sculpting the EQ from the standpoint of Guitar Amo EQ rather than applying an overall audio EQ after the fact in an attempt to get a desired mixfit can make a very huge difference in the way the rest of the project is approached. This simply gives us more options at that point and I find that to be a Good Thing.

Incidentally, reamping like that is not just for Guitars, it can also be used on Bass tracks to a great advantage, as well as some of the Rhodes piano tracks. For example, running a Rhodes track through Amplitude guitar amplifier simulator can yield "that" sound of the Rhodes Stage Piano connected to a guitar amp. Add a Compressor at the input, and with a bit of careful diddling, I found that it is rather nice to be able to emlate the sound of the famous (infamous?) Steely Dan Rhodes - really the "West Coast Rhodes" sound as heard on other recordings as well, think "LA Express" etc.

The best thing about New Features is that, if there happens to be one or more that does not seem to have any use to you at the time or fit into your chosen use of the program, well you don't have to use it.

But I think it is nice to keep those in mind for possible future endeavors, never know when one of them might be just the ticket for solving a problem in a project.

And its always cool to experiment around and learn something new.

--Mac

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,561
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200