Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#150175 - 02/10/12 11:30 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] transpose only selected chords?
blue-moves Offline

transpose only selected chords?

is it possible? i haven't found a way...

sometimes in the middle of a tune i want to transpose just a section of the chord sequence - would be good if there was a way you could select those chords and transpose them en masse - at the mo i have to go through and re-type them all.. (and i'm too lazy for that malarky!)

thoughts?

#150176 - 02/10/12 12:18 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: blue-moves]
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Spain
Select the chords, then Edit -> Transpose -> Transpose From...To... -> You're done.

#150177 - 02/10/12 12:31 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: Cerio]
blue-moves Offline

forgot to say - i'm on a mac.. 'edit > transpose' works only globally.. *grumble*

#428962 - 09/06/17 11:15 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: blue-moves]
Forecast Offline

I realize that I am responding to a pretty old post, but years later this user still hasn't been able to find an easy way to transpose selected chords in BIAB UltraPAK for Mac 2017 (which I love, overall) without transposing the whole song.

Here's a workaround I use, assuming transposing selected chords still isn't a function native to 2017 BIAB.

With the project I'm working on open and saved (C major), I selected and copied the chord progression I wanted to transpose; next, I opened a new project (it turned out it was in the same style as my original project and in C major -- not sure whether that matters or not); and then, I pasted the selected progression in Bar 1.

After that, I clicked on the "key" button and changed the key from C major to D major, and the chords I pasted were automatically transposed up two semi tones, which is what I wanted.

Finally, I copied and pasted the transposed chords back into to my original project. The whole operation took less than a minute, which was much faster and more accurate than retyping 12 chord symbols in this case.

It would be a great upgrade to be able to select a chord progression and then go to "Selected Chord(s) Transposition" in a menu and type in the number of semitones for the transposition, up or down.

If something like this already exists, I obviously haven't found it and would like to know if it does in fact exist and where to access it.

If there's an easier workaround, please share it.

#428997 - 09/06/17 03:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: Forecast]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I'm not aware of a feature to do this for specific chords, but if not there, the idea has merit.

BTW, welcome to the forums.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#429008 - 09/06/17 05:02 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: blue-moves]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Welcome, Forecast. Just to clarify, this function has already exited for years in the PC version. Cerio, above, gave the steps, and it works beautifully.

Are you saying the Mac version does not have this command? If so, then

+1 to make the Mac version match the PC version
BIAB 2018 PC Audiophile. Software: SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20 (2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#429027 - 09/07/17 03:27 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: Matt Finley]
Forecast Offline

Thanks for your reply, Matt. Where would I find the transposition steps Cerio provided?

#429028 - 09/07/17 04:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: blue-moves]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Forecast,

With the Windows version of the program, the tool is found under "Edit | Transpose".

Regards,
Noel

#429030 - 09/07/17 04:46 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: Forecast]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Forecast, Cerio's method is even easier if you highlight the measures you want to transpose. This way the transfer from and how many bars windows are already filled in for you.

Good luck.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - 2017 BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#429033 - 09/07/17 06:33 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: blue-moves]
Veteran

It’s the Edit menu, Transpose, Transpose From .. To. Choose key.

Highlight the bars first and they are already selected, as just mentioned.

Unless the Mac version doesn’t have this?
BIAB 2018 PC Audiophile. Software: SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20 (2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#429049 - 09/07/17 09:55 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: Forecast]
raymb1 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sterling, Va
Doesn't cut and paste work in Mac? This works for me when I want to copy selected chords.

#429073 - 09/07/17 12:37 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: blue-moves]
Veteran

Ray, I think it does but how does that help him transpose just a section?

#429084 - 09/07/17 02:48 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: raymb1]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: raymb1
Doesn't cut and paste work in Mac? This works for me when I want to copy selected chords.

I tried running 2 instances of MacBB transposed one and copied a section but it would not paste into the other instance like you can with the audio edit window.

You can add it to the chart Band-in-a-Box Feature Comparison Chart - Windows Versus Mac

But let's see in we get a Cross-platform 64bit Biab at the end of the year.

#429090 - 09/07/17 03:36 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: Matt Finley]
raymb1 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sterling, Va
My bad! Read OP's post too quickly.

#429091 - 09/07/17 03:46 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: transpose only selected chords? [Re: blue-moves]
Veteran

Pipeline, I assume you first verified that Transpose From To is not available on the Mac version.

Blue moves, looks like it won’t work on the Mac version of BIAB.

You could consider getting the PC version and a utility to run that on the Mac. It may sound strange but Dr. Peter Gannon (the PG of PG Music) develops the program that way.

In the meantime as Pipeline said, this needs to go in the Mac version Wishlist.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Beginners Forum - Exporting from Band-in-a-Box® to a .MID File

Our Forum is amazing - an online community full of helpful program users, BETA testers, endorsers, and staff!

We include a Beginners Forum, which is a great place for Band-in-a-Box beginners to visit for discussions & resources!

This week included a very active post, Exporting from Band-in-a-Box to a .MID file. Visit this post to learn more about exporting RealTracks as .MID files, and see our friendly forum users at work!

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Colin Linden!

Have you heard the newest Guitar RealTracks from Colin Linden? You can find his RealTracks with:
RealTracks Set 279: Americana: Slow Groovin' 12-8 & 16ths
RealTracks Set 280: Americana: Gritty Blues & Rockabilly Swing
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 299: Rootsy Blues Guitar & Piano

Learn more about Colin and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK is still available, and includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, 32 MIDI SuperTracks, 108 Instrumental Studies, Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles, and 52 Loops!

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Xtra Styles PAKs - Order Now... Sale Ends January 15th!

Hurry... all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE, but only until January 15th! Purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

The recently released Xtra Styles PAK 4 has over 150 new RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles, which work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK/UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

It's the LAST WEEKEND of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends on January 15th... it's your last weekend to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
(learn more about the new features: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm)

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Forum Stats
26956 Members
49 Forums
49678 Topics
406605 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Lubby, Coolessay, Carryduff, HarryJS, WD Hart

26955 Registered Users