Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
I think this software is great, however, it would make a lot of sense to add a live monitor feature. So I can plug my electric guitar directly to the computer and be able to use Vst's for effects. I know you can do this is realband, but to have it in Band in A Box makes sense as well. It is a software that is used to practice with, and you can plug in a midi instrument and practice live. Why not a line input for audio?

People please respond to this. And if you think it would be a beneficial feature- then please support by stating so:)

Band in a box- rocks- love it, it just needs some work. An updated interface, and better vst instrument windows. Looks a bit cheesy

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Welcome to the forum.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Thank you,

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
no replies? Think of how important of a feature this is. If enough people support the idea of it, they will implement it.

Feel free to post- let PG music know.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
I can record audio into BIAB's one audio track anytime I want. I also can add plugins into that audio track via the new "mixer" window (haven't done that, though). I don't understand what you are are asking for. Most of the input monitoring type stuff is handled in your audio/digital interface.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Expert
Expert
C
I suppose he wants to apply VST effects to his guitar in realtime.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Quote:

I suppose he wants to apply VST effects to his guitar in realtime.

I have that feature in Sonar -- but I've never used it. I will have to give a try next time around, but I suppose that would increase the echo or latency issues.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Correct, I would like to listen to my guitar realtime with effects. RealBand has a feature that allows this. Band in a box does not.

In Band in a box
With the audio interface you can not listen realtime with effects.

I do this with cubase- and realband. using ASIO4ALL drivers, and I have no latency issues at all. If it is, it is 11ms, and I can't tell

But this feature should be included in Band in a Box. Why? Because some people like to practice by plugging into their computer (Some folks don't have an amp) So I use my computer.

This is called live input monitoring.

Think of it as a THRU channel that allows audio input. Instead of only MIDI

I know you can record and play back your track- but what is odd, is, you can't even hear your track with effects while you are playing what you are recording.

You have to have it recorded first, then apply the effects. Seems strange to me.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
It is a cool feature for sure, but remember that BiaB is not a true DAW, that is why they are developing RB. It is the true multitracker, hence why that feature is in RB That is the proper place to add live tracks.

They may add it someday, who knows, in the mean time try recording in RB.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Expert
Expert
C
Quote:

It is a cool feature for sure, but remember that BiaB is not a true DAW, that is why they are developing RB.

Sorry, Robh, I don't see your point. He is not asking for direct monitoring to record, but because "some people like to practice by plugging into their computer (Some folks don't have an amp) So I use my computer. ", wich still is, in fact, one of the main uses of BIAB for a lot of people. I think having direct monitoring would be very useful for those people who likes to play along with BIAB taking advantage of the new VST effects per track feature.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u...p;x=16&y=22

I don't know if this would fit your needs. I use it with headphones, my EWI 4000s and plugged into my laptop output. It takes 1/8" plugs. I can practice without bothering anyone.

P.S. It's the Belkin Rockstar. All the inputs are in/out.

Last edited by raymb1; 02/18/12 11:59 AM.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Cerio, I don't have an amp either, well at least one I like the sound of (roland cube) so I also play through the computer. I also find that it is better to have all the instruments in the same space so to speak, and a separate amp does not blend them as well for me. I know what he wanted, and was just pointing out a workaround in RB. Until they decide to add that feature, then RB will open any and all BiaB files and play them, with input monitoring.

One other thought is that input monitoring adds a layer of difficulty, and latency so i found a better way was to purchase a effects pedal board and add the effects prior to the signal.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Expert
Expert
C
Quote:

I know what he wanted, and was just pointing out a workaround in RB. Until they decide to add that feature, then RB will open any and all BiaB files and play them, with input monitoring.

Sorry Rob, I misread your post.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Not a problem i misread my own post more often than not! It is more likely that i mis-typed it, rather than you misread it.

Last edited by Robh; 02/19/12 02:38 PM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
there is no latency. I have been exporting my BIAB tracks to Realband. But this takes time and is not easy to transpose. So, for practicing sake- this feature seems like it should not be very difficult to put together. They already have a recording audio feature.

I don't really care about recording, I use a daw to record= Cubase. Realband is incredibly weak compared to Cubase.

So, I think they should focus on developing BIAB with better features, and a more
updated, modern looking interface."

Does anyone know how to get PG Music to respond to this request?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
This is the forum for request, and they read this, so if it is on the list of improvements they will consider it.

As far as it taking time to move to RB, what method are you using? Have you tried just opening a BiaB file in RB? that is the fast way.

I disagree that RB is weak compared to Cubase or any DAW. I have both Reaper and Sonar, and while they are more feature rich, RB can hold it's own and is far deeper than most originaly think. You can do so much more than the surface shows. Maybe the big names have deep tool conventional tool sets, but a lot of that is never used, by the average user.

I see PG focusing on a tool set that is unique, and really useful. Cubase, Sonar, Reaper, Logic, or no other DAW on the market can generate realtracks, and when you think about it, in Rb you can create in Midi, Audio, Realtracks, RealDrums, and now loops. Not the traditional paint in loops like Acid, or garageband, but actual loop generation, opening up the whole world of sound to you. Anything you can record as a wave file loop, you can turn into a full track.

As far a focusing on BiaB, rather than RB, you would find a lot of disagreement here with that view. RB is a direct result of the request of many users here, a melding of BiaB with Powertracks. It is IMHO just a upgraded automation system, and a couple upgrades in the VSTi handling away from rocking with the big boys. RB is not weak, it is powerful in other ways that no other DAW can touch, and it still has the ability to do 95% of the basic stuff the more traditional programs do.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
I am using real tracks, that is why it takes so long.

I have found some ways to work around, but it is time consuming to export, then import in realband. Anyway, I am patiently waiting for PG music to have add this feature in a future update Right PG MUSIC?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I don't understand still the time to export/import. That is totally unnecessary, RB opens up BiaB files and it takes literally seconds here. There is no need to export, just save the file, and open RB, and open the file there. It will take a few seconds to generate the tracks and then you just go from there.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Not much time if you consider that a whole band and all their tracks are being created. Once you save as a RB seq it loads immediately.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
not if I am using realtracks, plus transposing takes long as well. Anyway, I have been using realband, but my preference is band in a box. Using realband after loading my song in biab, then saving an opening the file is really time consuming. It just doesn't make sense to not have a live monitoring input function. It's a software for practicing. I see what you are saying, I just think it makes sense to have that feature in biab.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,491
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195