Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
It is my custom to Mix all tracks to a stereo pair (L+R), then make plugin adjustments
the Mix Pair.

For final Stereo WAV mixing in RB I go to the Audio menu, choose Merge Audio and DXi Tracks to Stereo File - OK.
Generally I end up with a file about 41,000 KB - for the size of a 4 min WAV.

Today I did my first such Mix under Build 6, and found the resulting WAV to be half the usual size.

Checked things out including remixing stereo WAVs in Build 6 but previously done under Build 5. They were half size too after remixing in 6 - probably mono mix or a mis-stated 44/16 - but I think mono. My hearing can't determine this with headphones.

Just to be sure I moved the SEQ Master to PT2011 - and mixed my usual way - and everything was fine. The usual stereo wave mix.

ERROR/BUG - Merge to Stereo Wave in Audio Menu is not creating Stereo waves in Build 6.

Could someone double check this please.

Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Ian,

I justed tested this using RealBand 2012 build 6. I tried merging and audio and MIDI track (set to CoyoteWT DXi), and got a stereo file as the result. I just installed RealBand recently, so I am using factory settings.

If you check the file in Windows explorer, by right-clicking on the file and choosing Properties, then Summary, it should say whether it is Mono or Stereo.

Blake

PG Music Inc.
RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Blake

I tried it again and I went to Explorer as you suggested - the file was mono at 705kbps - it was only 21,000+-.

The one I did in PT2011 - was 1411kbps, stereo and 4,000+-KB.

I used the same process in both RB(6) and PT2011. RB (6) gives me Mono, PT2011 gives me stereo. So my sound card is OK.

I just did it a couple of more times in Build 6 with the same 1 channel result. I reinstalled Build 6 and rebooted the comp and RB (6) - still got mono. The same as if I had "Exported to WAV" file.

PowerTracks works the way it should merging to Stereo.

I'm using XP_SP3, 32bit.

You mention factory defaults - which setting could effect stereo/mono of a merge - this prob was in Build 5.
because I went back to Build 5 and tried it.

Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Worked fine here also

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Bob -

The same Merge to Stereo procedure was working fine on RB2012 (5).
The Build 6 upgrade worked OK for that procedure, and then suddenly didn't.
I used the same SEQ in PT2011 and it worked fine at creating the stereo merge file.

Any ideas what could have changed in RB? or could it be something in BIAB which controls that Merge?

If anyone has input or ideas, it would be appreciated.
Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
RealBand
Journeyman
Journeyman
I have experienced this prior to build 6. Not sure what the cause is. Some tunes render stereo file, others produce a mono file ?

RealBand
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Just tried this and it works fine on VSTi + Audio tracks to produce both stereo and tracks of the correct lengths.

RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Mitch, Lyn, Bob, Blake, thanks for the responses.

Mitch did you ever solve it? How do you get around it?

But the "Merge audio etc...stereo file" is still delivering a mono wave in my RB2012(6). BUT Stereo is delivered when the same SEQ is moved to PT2011.

PG - is this controlled by a DLL file?
Is it possible that a control file has become corrupted, or an RB Ini file suddenly become corrupted?

How do I solve this? Yes I can use PT but I should be able to use RB.
What's the next step?

Thanks - Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
RealBand
Journeyman
Journeyman
Ian,

I reported my 'bug' but never did get resolution. I cannot figure out what / when causes the mono rendering. When it DOES occur, I mix all my tracks to a single, stereo track (TRACK -> MERGE), then export the single mixed stereo track to a .wav file. That's been my 'work-around'.

RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Mitch

What I can't figure out is why it works for me in Pt and not in RB . . . but it did. . . and then "poof" - gone in RB.

Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Ian,

Given that you're a longtime user of PG Music products, I suspect that you've already tried the below. Just in case you haven't, though ...

It sounds like the "Merge to mono" option is electronically engaged even though it mightn't be checked. (See image below.)

What I'd try is the following ...

1. Do a merge with this option selected. Then do a second merge with the option unselected. That might just give it a kick to reset.

2. Failing that, I'd reset RB to factory settings by renaming the REALBAND.INI file and RB.CFG to something like REALBAND.INI.OLD and RB.CFG.OLD. This will effectively "delete" those files so that RB is forced to create new ones (thus the factory rest). If the problem is not solved by doing this, you can always delete the newly created files and then return the original files to their original names.

Hope these thoughts work,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks so much Noel - I hadn't thought of that. Will give it a shot in the morning.
Both ideas much appreciated.

Ian

Hope all is well.

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
RealBand
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
I Merge to Stereo Wave using the Audio > Merge and this saves a stereo file in my work folder for the song. This wave is then imported back into the RealBand song to a MIDI track and gives the options successively to select Stereo, split channels to separate tracks and then finally Mono. If the track is already set to Stereo then this setting is used immediately by the imported file.

Check also Pref > Audio > Import Channel for Mono Tracks - this can confuse the issue. Mine is set fo Left Channel.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds like one of the ini files got reset to a mono setting.. at least that seems most likely to me. Don't remember which one could hold that info right now..

Check realband.ini under [Miscellaneous Settings]
See if you see anything suspicious..

Last edited by rharv; 03/11/12 09:10 AM.

RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks for the input everyone.

The problem was solved this morning thanks to Noel - that was exactly the problem.

For some reason the "the merge to mono" check did not disengage. I had to restore to factory settings as Noel suggested.
Now when I use the Audio menu to create a "stereo wave" merge, it works.

Mitch - perhaps you might want to check it out, as you mentioned having a similar problem.

PG - perhaps you might want to check why the Merge on the Track Menu does not really disengage the "merge to mono" even when the check is removed from the window and OK is clicked. Also why does it seem to over-ride the Merge to Stereo on the Audio Menu.

Thanks Noel - great frustration removed. It seems to be a "bug".

Cheers - Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Ian,

Glad you got it going again

Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Ian, send a note to support so they can see the circumstances surrounding the issue. Include link to this thread (it may help)
Then maybe they can dupe it and fix.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,484
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195