Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157696 - 04/22/12 06:27 PM [User Showcase] New Song - I Close My Eyes
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
I just finished this one yesterday, called I Close My Eyes. All the instruments are RealTracks & Realdrums, except some midi strings (Miroslav Philharmonik), and the tremolo guitar part is a midi guitar with a lot of plugin effects . All the vocals are me. I hope you enjoy it!

I Close My Eyes

Here are the RT's/RD's used...

RealTracks in song: 518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1542:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 364:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 368:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 367:Guitar, Electric, Background Dreamy Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 369:Pedal Steel, Background Ev 065
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: NashvillePop16^4-a:SideStick, HiHat , b:Snare, Hihat

And here are the lyrics...

I Close My Eyes
Music & Lyrics Copyright Stephen W. Young

It's late in the evening
Another day's done
And I pause in reflection
Of battles we've won
And good things received
That I never earned
And I close my eyes
And think about
The things I've learned

I've never seen the wind that blows
The clouds around
At times I hear your voice so clear
Without a sound

So it's on to tomorrow
And the plans we've drawn
And away with the sorrow
Of yesterdays gone

The clouds around
And I can hear your voice so clear
Without a sound

The clouds around
And I can hear your voice so clear
Without a sound

==

Have a great day!

Steve

#157697 - 04/22/12 06:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Steve Young]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Hey Steve,

Wow! What a beautiful song.
In some ways for me this is one of the best I've heard of your tunes.
Love the chorus. Never heard the idea of faith expressed any better then in this chorus.
So simple and yet so profound.
Two thumbs up on this one.
Gotta go and hear it again.

Tim

#157698 - 04/22/12 09:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Tim Lawrence]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: -
Ok, ok, ok...I thought that was AWESOME! I REALLY liked it! Talk about hitting emotions!

What are you using for the background vocals, even the ah's? They sound "Heavenly"!

The chorus is really catchy, and I have to agree, the lyric expresses faith very well.

Edited by HearToLearn (04/22/12 09:29 PM)

#157699 - 04/23/12 12:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: HearToLearn]
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
Steve, in my book, you're a star!!!! Thanks for sharing this one with us!!!

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2018

#157700 - 04/23/12 01:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: MikeK]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Hey Steve.
The lyrics a very reflective.
The song has an overall haunting tone.

I loved the way you you held off the drums till the chorus.
Nice build up.

Great vocals.
Very moody.
Good work my friend AAA+

#157701 - 04/23/12 02:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Rob4580]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Steve,

Yet another masterpiece! I've got to say, you set an incredibly high bar. This is wonderful work on every level.

All the best,
Noel

#157702 - 04/23/12 01:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Tim,

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your time and comments. Glad you like this one. Glad it makes sense!

Steve

#157703 - 04/23/12 01:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: HearToLearn]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

HearToLearn,

Thank you very much! On the background vocals, I layer them. I record each harmony part usually 3 time (separate tracks). I don't simply copy and paste, each track is its own recording of the part. So I will usually have about 9 tracks of background vocals. Then I "space" them around in the mix to fill it up. In this song, I used a lot of reverb on the bgv's, and that gives them a little more of a "heavenly" feel. But to answer your question, it's a combination of layering and effects.

Thanks again!

Steve

#157704 - 04/23/12 01:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: MikeK]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Mike,

Thanks very much, my friend! I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment!

Steve

#157705 - 04/23/12 01:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Rob4580]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Robert,

Thanks very much! I had to post something quick, to start catching up with you! I really appreciate your kind words!

Steve

#157706 - 04/23/12 01:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Noel96]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Noel,

Now, you have me blushing! I truly appreciate your time and kind words!

Steve

#157707 - 04/24/12 07:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Steve Young]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Steve,

Just beautiful all around... Really loved the arrangement as well.

Bob

#157708 - 04/24/12 08:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Steve Young]
RobbMiller Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Midwest
Steve,

This is a great song. Your singing voice matches your literary voice perfectly here. But more than that, there is a very honest feeling to it (if that makes sense).

Kudos!

-Robb

#157709 - 04/25/12 12:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: rsdean]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Bob,

As always, I appreciate your input. Thanks so much!

Steve

#157710 - 04/25/12 12:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: RobbMiller]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Robb,

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and comment! Glad you like this one. This is one of those that comes from the heart. Thanks again!

Steve

#157711 - 04/25/12 01:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Steve Young]
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Very enjoyable Steve, top notch. Perfect in every way.
This needs to be the title of an album, with this one as the last track on the CD, with a v..e..r..y long fade!

John
BIAB 2017
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 3

#157712 - 04/25/12 02:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Steve Young]
Achordocaster Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Steve,

I guess I'll just "ditto" all that's been said. A very nice song. Great mix! Beautiful vocals!
A fine job all around!!

Greg

#157713 - 04/25/12 03:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Steve Young]
Malmck Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
Well done, well done. Ditto to all the previous comments.

#157714 - 04/26/12 03:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: Malmck]
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
What can I say that has not already been said.
It is above your usual high standard!!!

Alyn

#157715 - 04/26/12 02:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Close My Eyes [Re: gibson]
Superbron Offline
Journeyman

Loc: The Netherlands, Europe
Steve,

Simply beautiful! All has already been said: Great song.

Cheers,

Superbron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Forum Stats
27616 Members
50 Forums
52224 Topics
432286 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Jose-Luis-NZ, Cipher, BillyP, fleahead, Dolph

27615 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 194
Noel96 170