You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#160105 - 05/20/12 12:56 PM [Off-Topic] Horn Section on American Idol
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
It is about time for a shout out to the fantastic ladies of the horn Section on American Idol:
- Damn they sound fine...

A great shot backstage of : Sarah Nelson, Mindi Abair, Jessy J, Anne King, and Elizabeth

#160106 - 05/20/12 01:34 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: MusicStudent]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Why would you shut out 5 hot women?
Oh, a SHOUT out.....

LOL!!!!

Yes Dan, I am still a wise guy....

I have some of Mindy Abair's stuff. She is killer.

#160107 - 05/20/12 01:51 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: eddie1261]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Uhg!, my bad.

We do seem to have a fiesty group here in the forum these days. Must be the heat.

#160108 - 05/20/12 02:21 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: MusicStudent]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Loc: A corner of Vienna, Austria, t...
Spring is in the air...

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what

#160109 - 05/20/12 03:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: WienSam]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
I really enjoyed their music this year as I liked the format with the band members on stage for a lot of the performances. Of course my guy was voted off last week so (in all honesty) I could not care less who wins. In fact I won't even watch the finals.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#160110 - 05/20/12 08:48 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Danny C.]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I was able to obtain tickets for the finale of Fantasia vs Diana, way back when. It was held in the Kodak Theater in Hollyweird. The house music was terrible live. You could hear the vocals clear as day, but the music was almost like it was non-existent. With all of that money, you would of thought it was the best sound in town, it wasn't.

However, my girls enjoyed an evening they will never forget and got to meet 99% of the hosts, singers and other celebrities that were there that night. Believe it or not, Paula Abdul was a hit with my kids. They took pictures with her, Ryan and Randy in front of the Kodak and that made "their" day, so I was thankful for her taking pics with them.

I haven't watched Idol in years.

Trax

#160111 - 05/21/12 06:35 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Muzic Trax]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
I watched one of those shows ONCE with my wife. They put those people (kids) through BS to be on that show, and embarrass people for no reason. No way out of the 10's of thousands of people did they get some of those really bad people they put on there.

It's more like a lottery ticket with an ego attached to the process.

I'm getting more fun from my new amps and playing Purcell, pipe organs and decaying strings.

Of course, I'm unable to understand ANYTHING on TV without either elaborate contraptions OR closed captioning. The latter has an entertainment factor. Yesterday the CC threw at least 35 bad interpretations, and for some reason kept print A$$ on the screen.

According to a friend of mine the compression on the sound in the HDTV format is tweaked towards keeping the bandwith down so people can Hear the sound on a tablet over wi-fi. That assumption and the science behind are not clear to me, so I'm only repeating what I heard.

Unlike when I make 12 hour baked beans, where I repeat what I ate.

#160112 - 05/21/12 06:59 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Danny C.]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I really enjoyed their music this year as I liked the format with the band members on stage for a lot of the performances.

Exactly, for those who didn't watch it, you missed it.

#160113 - 05/22/12 12:37 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: MusicStudent]
Keith from Oz Offline
Veteran

Loc: NSW Australia
Boy, judging by the photo the Salvation Army Band has changed since I was a kid.

#160114 - 05/22/12 07:34 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Keith from Oz]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
This seasons Idol brass players are HOT...

and they look good, too.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#160115 - 05/22/12 08:24 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: jford]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I haven't watched this show.

It's interesting that the two saxes went lower: Ms. Abair normally plays alto, and Ms. J normally plays tenor. Here, they are tenor and bari.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#160116 - 05/22/12 10:00 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Matt Finley]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Hi, Matt - They switch up their instruments depending on the song.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#160117 - 05/22/12 11:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Matt Finley]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

The horn section has had a lot of air time this season. If you google some of the AI performances you will see teh ladies in action. It has really been cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4babjH3QF8

#160118 - 05/22/12 12:24 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: MusicStudent]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

I don't watch because it's not about talent anymore. It's a popularity contest. The fact that the public votes means that the hottest girl keeps getting votes. Why are those "judges" there exactly when they don't vote? Then you have atrocities like some perverse "statewide civic pride" thing where everyone in the state votes for their fellow statesmen as if it would somehow make THEIR life better of their state's kid won. (Remember the year those 2 AWFUL singing girls from Hawaii lasted a long time?)

The last day I watched that awful show was the day Daughtry got voted off the island. He may be the best singer ever on that show (I hate Carrie Underwear - media darling superstar success story) and he didn't make it. Most of those kids end up singing at car dealership openings and shopping mall Christmas shows. They sign an AWFUL contract to participate. That Hicks guy was what, 5 years ago, and his biggest accomplishment to date is a Ford commercial.

It started out a good idea. It turned into BS quickly.

#160119 - 05/22/12 03:45 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: eddie1261]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

You guys are missing something here. This thread is not a endorsement for the American Idol Teen Machine, but rather pointing out the great opportunity to have seen a super band performing live. Just watch the final episodes when the band is on stage. It is not just the horn section, but the whole band, inculding strings. All Live Musicians earning their living. When is the last time you saw a 5 piece female horn section on national TV during prime time. If you missed the recent episodes, then it was a hell of a long time ago. Heck, you should see the guitar slinger they have on stage with the singers not to mention an incredible drummer.

You have one final chance tonight to see the Band in Action. Heck who cares who wins, just listen to the music, it is really good.

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27832 Members
51 Forums
53009 Topics
439970 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
alleas23, Alan Herring, boblev, JohnMaxwell, yeto

27832 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 147