You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#160105 - 05/20/12 12:56 PM [Off-Topic] Horn Section on American Idol
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
It is about time for a shout out to the fantastic ladies of the horn Section on American Idol:
- Damn they sound fine...

A great shot backstage of : Sarah Nelson, Mindi Abair, Jessy J, Anne King, and Elizabeth

#160106 - 05/20/12 01:34 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: MusicStudent]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Why would you shut out 5 hot women?
Oh, a SHOUT out.....

LOL!!!!

Yes Dan, I am still a wise guy....

I have some of Mindy Abair's stuff. She is killer.

#160107 - 05/20/12 01:51 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: eddie1261]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Uhg!, my bad.

We do seem to have a fiesty group here in the forum these days. Must be the heat.

#160108 - 05/20/12 02:21 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: MusicStudent]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Loc: A corner of Vienna, Austria, t...
Spring is in the air...

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what

#160109 - 05/20/12 03:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: WienSam]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
I really enjoyed their music this year as I liked the format with the band members on stage for a lot of the performances. Of course my guy was voted off last week so (in all honesty) I could not care less who wins. In fact I won't even watch the finals.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#160110 - 05/20/12 08:48 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Danny C.]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I was able to obtain tickets for the finale of Fantasia vs Diana, way back when. It was held in the Kodak Theater in Hollyweird. The house music was terrible live. You could hear the vocals clear as day, but the music was almost like it was non-existent. With all of that money, you would of thought it was the best sound in town, it wasn't.

However, my girls enjoyed an evening they will never forget and got to meet 99% of the hosts, singers and other celebrities that were there that night. Believe it or not, Paula Abdul was a hit with my kids. They took pictures with her, Ryan and Randy in front of the Kodak and that made "their" day, so I was thankful for her taking pics with them.

I haven't watched Idol in years.

Trax

#160111 - 05/21/12 06:35 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Muzic Trax]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
I watched one of those shows ONCE with my wife. They put those people (kids) through BS to be on that show, and embarrass people for no reason. No way out of the 10's of thousands of people did they get some of those really bad people they put on there.

It's more like a lottery ticket with an ego attached to the process.

I'm getting more fun from my new amps and playing Purcell, pipe organs and decaying strings.

Of course, I'm unable to understand ANYTHING on TV without either elaborate contraptions OR closed captioning. The latter has an entertainment factor. Yesterday the CC threw at least 35 bad interpretations, and for some reason kept print A$$ on the screen.

According to a friend of mine the compression on the sound in the HDTV format is tweaked towards keeping the bandwith down so people can Hear the sound on a tablet over wi-fi. That assumption and the science behind are not clear to me, so I'm only repeating what I heard.

Unlike when I make 12 hour baked beans, where I repeat what I ate.

#160112 - 05/21/12 06:59 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Danny C.]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I really enjoyed their music this year as I liked the format with the band members on stage for a lot of the performances.

Exactly, for those who didn't watch it, you missed it.

#160113 - 05/22/12 12:37 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: MusicStudent]
Keith from Oz Offline
Veteran

Loc: NSW Australia
Boy, judging by the photo the Salvation Army Band has changed since I was a kid.

#160114 - 05/22/12 07:34 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Keith from Oz]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
This seasons Idol brass players are HOT...

and they look good, too.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#160115 - 05/22/12 08:24 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: jford]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I haven't watched this show.

It's interesting that the two saxes went lower: Ms. Abair normally plays alto, and Ms. J normally plays tenor. Here, they are tenor and bari.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#160116 - 05/22/12 10:00 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Matt Finley]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Hi, Matt - They switch up their instruments depending on the song.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#160117 - 05/22/12 11:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: Matt Finley]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

The horn section has had a lot of air time this season. If you google some of the AI performances you will see teh ladies in action. It has really been cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4babjH3QF8

#160118 - 05/22/12 12:24 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: MusicStudent]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I don't watch because it's not about talent anymore. It's a popularity contest. The fact that the public votes means that the hottest girl keeps getting votes. Why are those "judges" there exactly when they don't vote? Then you have atrocities like some perverse "statewide civic pride" thing where everyone in the state votes for their fellow statesmen as if it would somehow make THEIR life better of their state's kid won. (Remember the year those 2 AWFUL singing girls from Hawaii lasted a long time?)

The last day I watched that awful show was the day Daughtry got voted off the island. He may be the best singer ever on that show (I hate Carrie Underwear - media darling superstar success story) and he didn't make it. Most of those kids end up singing at car dealership openings and shopping mall Christmas shows. They sign an AWFUL contract to participate. That Hicks guy was what, 5 years ago, and his biggest accomplishment to date is a Ford commercial.

It started out a good idea. It turned into BS quickly.

#160119 - 05/22/12 03:45 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Horn Section on American Idol [Re: eddie1261]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

You guys are missing something here. This thread is not a endorsement for the American Idol Teen Machine, but rather pointing out the great opportunity to have seen a super band performing live. Just watch the final episodes when the band is on stage. It is not just the horn section, but the whole band, inculding strings. All Live Musicians earning their living. When is the last time you saw a 5 piece female horn section on national TV during prime time. If you missed the recent episodes, then it was a hell of a long time ago. Heck, you should see the guitar slinger they have on stage with the singers not to mention an incredible drummer.

You have one final chance tonight to see the Band in Action. Heck who cares who wins, just listen to the music, it is really good.

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27519 Members
50 Forums
51881 Topics
428704 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dixiesatellite72, hhbailey, medblues, Terry V, The Captain

27519 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 359
Noel96 156