Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#161539 - 06/05/12 03:18 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Don Gaynor]
Ian Fraser Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Quote:

Ian, I hope you know I'm teasing. My parents were Canucks from New Brunswick by way of Port Arthur, Ontario and most living Gaynors still live North of the border. I have a special fondness in me wee Oyrish 'art for Canadians.

Of course you're teasin' "Donny" Boy! So it's a "love-in" with Canucks, Eh?
And now you're in Uglyhoma - well . . . nothing ventured, nothing Gaynor-ed I guess.

Did you leave Port Arthur because they changed the name to Thunder Bay?
It got the name change because of all the Ukrainians there cookin' up their spicy food. . . and swilling your Oyrish whiskey to boot.

Cheers to ya. Ian

#161540 - 06/05/12 04:15 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Ian Fraser]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
My cousin, Helen, from NB denies that Canadians talk funny. She admitted to "Eh?" in NB but wouldn't own up to "oot n aboot" nor "oothoose" or "deckles" (decals to we folks in the Southern provinces). I lived in Washington State and I can guarantee those crazy BCers with their funny colored Loonies talked funny.

RETRACTION: I have been politely advised that it's the rest of the planet "what talks funny." Sorry, Dr. Gannon!

Edited by Don Gaynor (06/05/12 04:26 PM)

#161541 - 06/05/12 09:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Ian Fraser]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Quote:

Quote:

Ian, I hope you know I'm teasing. My parents were Canucks from New Brunswick by way of Port Arthur, Ontario and most living Gaynors still live North of the border. I have a special fondness in me wee Oyrish 'art for Canadians.

Of course you're teasin' "Donny" Boy! So it's a "love-in" with Canucks, Eh?
And now you're in Uglyhoma - well . . . nothing ventured, nothing Gaynor-ed I guess.

Did you leave Port Arthur because they changed the name to Thunder Bay?
It got the name change because of all the Ukrainians there cookin' up their spicy food. . . and swilling your Oyrish whiskey to boot.

Cheers to ya. Ian

No, Ian, actually the smarter Gaynors, them bein' Oyrish, made a hasty retreat South of Port Arthur when me wee Oyris Mum learned that all the students had to share but one curriculum. She wasn't having none of that!

#161542 - 06/05/12 11:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Don Gaynor]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Hello - is this thing on?

There's free Westone 5 speaker per side custom in-ear monitors (better than most performing musicians have in their ears) and Fender American Stratocasters up for grabs.

http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/music/made-right-here-entry.html

-Scott

#161543 - 06/06/12 08:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: rockstar_not]
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio-USA
Thanks for the chance to win something!
Intel Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS/2x 3tb Internal HDD, 12tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, E-Mu 1820 Sound Card, Win Vista/Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2018, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, ETC

#161544 - 08/03/12 12:22 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: jcspro40]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Winners have been announced: http://www.westone.com/music/index.php/made-right-here-winners

Hopefully someone here won something!

-Scott

#161545 - 08/03/12 12:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: rockstar_not]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

BTW, looking at some of the known last names here on the forum and cities, I think a PG'er may have one one of the Grand Prizes.

#161546 - 08/03/12 03:11 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: rockstar_not]
Notes Norton Offline
Veteran

Loc: Fort Pierce, Florida, U.S.A.
Dang, I didn't win. I hope the winners enjoy their prizes!

Brand new 2012.5 updates from Norton Music:
  • 2 new style disks for Band-in-a-Box
  • 2 new free (with a purchase) fancy intro/ending disks for Real Band and other DAW's
  • The Ultimate Gospel Fake Disk
  • The Real Rock Fake Disk (plenty of classic rock in this one)
  • The Beatles Fake Disk
  • And an updated Christmas Fake Disk

Hundreds of Free .sgu and .mp3 demos for the above at: http://www.nortonmusic.com

#161547 - 09/20/12 11:27 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Notes Norton]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

PG'er that won this thing - do you mind posting here about your experience with the awards and process?

#161548 - 09/20/12 01:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: rockstar_not]
Curmudgeon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Henderson, NV
Quote:

PG'er that won this thing - do you mind posting here about your experience with the awards and process?

That's me Scott. You may remember that I had deleted my original notification email.

I got a hold of your marketing department and all went well after that. I had to delay shipment while I was on vacation. Which may explain why I haven't heard anything about the Grabber thing. I was told that they would contact me, but so far I haven't heard. Actually it's no big deal, as it's not something that I would continue the subscription to.

The guitar plays like a dream, except that I've played very little in the last few years. I've been practicing quite a bit on scales and such. I have a pretty stiff left hand so my chords don't come easily, especially the Barre chords.

I haven't done much with the Blue Spark microphone yet, except to make sure it works. I had a delay because my preamp went belly up. I'm just now setting up a M-Audio MobilePre interface. The mic works quite well. The preamp is super sensitive, so the whole setup will take some getting used to.

I did express my appreciation to your marketing director. He seems like a very nice person.

Thanks again for turning me onto this opportunity.

God Bless,

Don S.

Edited by Curmudgeon (09/20/12 01:52 PM)

#161549 - 09/20/12 02:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Curmudgeon]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

That's me Scott. You may remember that I had deleted my original notification email.

I got a hold of your marketing department and all went well after that. I had to delay shipment while I was on vacation. Which may explain why I haven't heard anything about the Grabber thing. I was told that they would contact me, but so far I haven't heard. Actually it's no big deal, as it's not something that I would continue the subscription to.

The guitar plays like a dream, except that I've played very little in the last few years. I've been practicing quite a bit on scales and such. I have a pretty stiff left hand so my chords don't come easily, especially the Barre chords.

I haven't done much with the Blue Spark microphone yet, except to make sure it works. I had a delay because my preamp went belly up. I'm just now setting up a M-Audio MobilePre interface. The mic works quite well. The preamp is super sensitive, so the whole setup will take some getting used to.

I did express my appreciation to your marketing director. He seems like a very nice person.

Thanks again for turning me onto this opportunity.

God Bless,

Don S.

Cool - we have another sweepstakes (much smaller prizes/prize count) and I posted a thread about it here and wanted to see how the delivery actually turned out. Have you tried the monitors yet?

-Scott

#161550 - 09/20/12 03:42 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: rockstar_not]
Curmudgeon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Henderson, NV
Quote:

Cool - we have another sweepstakes (much smaller prizes/prize count) and I posted a thread about it here and wanted to see how the delivery actually turned out. Have you tried the monitors yet?

The in-ear monitors were only for the main grand prize winner. I was in the second tier of 5 grand prize winners. I got rid of my Facebook account, so I guess I'll have to pass on the new sweepstakes. It does should like something that I might like to try somewhere down the road.

Don S.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28084 Members
57 Forums
54469 Topics
450412 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
omicloud, Iam Nemo, samaleksss, dhuntz, M1S1L

28084 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 193
Matt Finley 142