Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#161539 - 06/05/12 03:18 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Don Gaynor]
Ian Fraser Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Quote:

Ian, I hope you know I'm teasing. My parents were Canucks from New Brunswick by way of Port Arthur, Ontario and most living Gaynors still live North of the border. I have a special fondness in me wee Oyrish 'art for Canadians.

Of course you're teasin' "Donny" Boy! So it's a "love-in" with Canucks, Eh?
And now you're in Uglyhoma - well . . . nothing ventured, nothing Gaynor-ed I guess.

Did you leave Port Arthur because they changed the name to Thunder Bay?
It got the name change because of all the Ukrainians there cookin' up their spicy food. . . and swilling your Oyrish whiskey to boot.

Cheers to ya. Ian

#161540 - 06/05/12 04:15 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Ian Fraser]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
My cousin, Helen, from NB denies that Canadians talk funny. She admitted to "Eh?" in NB but wouldn't own up to "oot n aboot" nor "oothoose" or "deckles" (decals to we folks in the Southern provinces). I lived in Washington State and I can guarantee those crazy BCers with their funny colored Loonies talked funny.

RETRACTION: I have been politely advised that it's the rest of the planet "what talks funny." Sorry, Dr. Gannon!

Edited by Don Gaynor (06/05/12 04:26 PM)

#161541 - 06/05/12 09:05 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Ian Fraser]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Quote:

Quote:

Ian, I hope you know I'm teasing. My parents were Canucks from New Brunswick by way of Port Arthur, Ontario and most living Gaynors still live North of the border. I have a special fondness in me wee Oyrish 'art for Canadians.

Of course you're teasin' "Donny" Boy! So it's a "love-in" with Canucks, Eh?
And now you're in Uglyhoma - well . . . nothing ventured, nothing Gaynor-ed I guess.

Did you leave Port Arthur because they changed the name to Thunder Bay?
It got the name change because of all the Ukrainians there cookin' up their spicy food. . . and swilling your Oyrish whiskey to boot.

Cheers to ya. Ian

No, Ian, actually the smarter Gaynors, them bein' Oyrish, made a hasty retreat South of Port Arthur when me wee Oyris Mum learned that all the students had to share but one curriculum. She wasn't having none of that!

#161542 - 06/05/12 11:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Don Gaynor]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Hello - is this thing on?

There's free Westone 5 speaker per side custom in-ear monitors (better than most performing musicians have in their ears) and Fender American Stratocasters up for grabs.

http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/music/made-right-here-entry.html

-Scott

#161543 - 06/06/12 08:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: rockstar_not]
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio-USA
Thanks for the chance to win something!
Custom Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS HDD, 2 2gb Internal HDD, 8tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2017, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, IK Multimedia / iZotope / Plug & Mix VST-VSTi Collections

#161544 - 08/03/12 12:22 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: jcspro40]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Winners have been announced: http://www.westone.com/music/index.php/made-right-here-winners

Hopefully someone here won something!

-Scott

#161545 - 08/03/12 12:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: rockstar_not]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

BTW, looking at some of the known last names here on the forum and cities, I think a PG'er may have one one of the Grand Prizes.

#161546 - 08/03/12 03:11 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: rockstar_not]
Notes Norton Offline
Veteran

Loc: Fort Pierce, Florida, U.S.A.
Dang, I didn't win. I hope the winners enjoy their prizes!

Brand new 2012.5 updates from Norton Music:
  • 2 new style disks for Band-in-a-Box
  • 2 new free (with a purchase) fancy intro/ending disks for Real Band and other DAW's
  • The Ultimate Gospel Fake Disk
  • The Real Rock Fake Disk (plenty of classic rock in this one)
  • The Beatles Fake Disk
  • And an updated Christmas Fake Disk

Hundreds of Free .sgu and .mp3 demos for the above at: http://www.nortonmusic.com

#161547 - 09/20/12 11:27 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Notes Norton]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

PG'er that won this thing - do you mind posting here about your experience with the awards and process?

#161548 - 09/20/12 01:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: rockstar_not]
Curmudgeon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Henderson, NV
Quote:

PG'er that won this thing - do you mind posting here about your experience with the awards and process?

That's me Scott. You may remember that I had deleted my original notification email.

I got a hold of your marketing department and all went well after that. I had to delay shipment while I was on vacation. Which may explain why I haven't heard anything about the Grabber thing. I was told that they would contact me, but so far I haven't heard. Actually it's no big deal, as it's not something that I would continue the subscription to.

The guitar plays like a dream, except that I've played very little in the last few years. I've been practicing quite a bit on scales and such. I have a pretty stiff left hand so my chords don't come easily, especially the Barre chords.

I haven't done much with the Blue Spark microphone yet, except to make sure it works. I had a delay because my preamp went belly up. I'm just now setting up a M-Audio MobilePre interface. The mic works quite well. The preamp is super sensitive, so the whole setup will take some getting used to.

I did express my appreciation to your marketing director. He seems like a very nice person.

Thanks again for turning me onto this opportunity.

God Bless,

Don S.

Edited by Curmudgeon (09/20/12 01:52 PM)

#161549 - 09/20/12 02:33 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: Curmudgeon]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

That's me Scott. You may remember that I had deleted my original notification email.

I got a hold of your marketing department and all went well after that. I had to delay shipment while I was on vacation. Which may explain why I haven't heard anything about the Grabber thing. I was told that they would contact me, but so far I haven't heard. Actually it's no big deal, as it's not something that I would continue the subscription to.

The guitar plays like a dream, except that I've played very little in the last few years. I've been practicing quite a bit on scales and such. I have a pretty stiff left hand so my chords don't come easily, especially the Barre chords.

I haven't done much with the Blue Spark microphone yet, except to make sure it works. I had a delay because my preamp went belly up. I'm just now setting up a M-Audio MobilePre interface. The mic works quite well. The preamp is super sensitive, so the whole setup will take some getting used to.

I did express my appreciation to your marketing director. He seems like a very nice person.

Thanks again for turning me onto this opportunity.

God Bless,

Don S.

Cool - we have another sweepstakes (much smaller prizes/prize count) and I posted a thread about it here and wanted to see how the delivery actually turned out. Have you tried the monitors yet?

-Scott

#161550 - 09/20/12 03:42 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Win an American Strat and some excellent in-ear monitors [Re: rockstar_not]
Curmudgeon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Henderson, NV
Quote:

Cool - we have another sweepstakes (much smaller prizes/prize count) and I posted a thread about it here and wanted to see how the delivery actually turned out. Have you tried the monitors yet?

The in-ear monitors were only for the main grand prize winner. I was in the second tier of 5 grand prize winners. I got rid of my Facebook account, so I guess I'll have to pass on the new sweepstakes. It does should like something that I might like to try somewhere down the road.

Don S.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The December release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)

- Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!
- Complete New Features Video
- 2018 Audio Chord Wizard
- Vocal Oohs and Aahs
- Video RealTracks
- 202 NEW RealTracks
- 40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 520 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Windows users can download the latest free patch update, Build 250, here.

Summary of changes for Build 520 since 519 (July 17 2018):
Added: Save As style feature has support for MIDI velocity changes if volumes aren’t 90 on mixer when saved.
Added: Support for MIDI velocity changes in styles. Use the Misc-More dialog in StyleMaker to set velocity changes in MIDI styles.
Fixed: [Style Memos etc] button was not visible in the Style Editor -> Misc dialog.
Fixed: Bar lines would not display properly in the Audio Edit window if launching through the menu item "Audio Chord Wizard (Audio Edit)".
Fixed: Hitting the Return key while in the Audio Edit window might trigger Loop Screen mode.
Updated: PDF Manual and Help.

User Blog - Recording and Processing Vocals Using RealBand...

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post is a "start to finish" of how she records and processes vocals for her songs using her three "go-to" programs: RealBand, Melodyne, and Nectar from Izotope (with a little help from Band-in-a-Box...)!

Check out this blog post here.

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Forum Stats
27720 Members
50 Forums
52638 Topics
436388 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Mister Squisher, Tamacun44, Biazine, walletss, sosa

27720 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 166
Al-David 152