Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
dot 8?

Expert
Expert
JM I jsut hope things move on. Hostorically Windows have practically ignored the music community, thats why Steinberg gave us Asio and for that matter the concept of a plugin. Surely a modern quality tablet should handle audio effectively. Digital musicians are a pretty large community these days.

Glass half full...

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
regarding the "glass half full " analogy:

is somebody still considered an optimist if he thinks the glass is half full... of poison?

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

is somebody still considered an optimist if he thinks the glass is half full... of poison?

Maybe, if it's for his mother-in-law

Running for cover

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe, if it's for his mother-in-law

Running for cover

you may be onto something there, Mario!

Expert
Expert
I can remember when there were no half-year upgrades and, as I said earlier, I liked it better. I am pretty happy with the program and all I need is more swingin' basic jazz styles. I don't need any more soloists, thank you.

Last edited by Graham Martin; 07/15/12 06:23 PM.

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I guess if we don't see something by Aug 1st, we can assume there's no mid year release. Late June would have been 6 months from the December release. we're already into the 7th month. An August release would mean only 4 months until the Christmas offering, and that short of an interval starts to undermine the likelihood that people would buy something that will be replaced in 4 months.

On the up side:

EVERYBODY will be buying in December!

disclaimer:
I'm just makin' this up. I have no idea what the plan is.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:

Pat Marr wrote:

I guess if we don't see something by Aug 1st, we can assume there's no mid year release. Late June would have been 6 months from the December release. we're already into the 7th month. An August release would mean only 4 months until the Christmas offering, and that short of an interval starts to undermine the likelihood that people would buy something that will be replaced in 4 months.

This pretty much sums up one thing that I have always wondered about: Why all the secrecy? Why can't we just be told roughly what to expect and when? Doesn't have to be a full list of features that PG intend to implement, but just a hint.

I would certainly like that, because my budget is limited - I guess most people on here are like that - and this year it's particularly limited, so knowing what to expect would make making the right choices that much easier.

If we look at those people who make our beloved (!) OS, they have a publicly available roadmap, that shows you just what to expect and roughly when and that helps us in the IT business make better decisions. Sure they sometimes miss the mark and sometimes they even miss the entire ballpark, but you have an idea anyway.

Just my thoughts!

Ole

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

Pat Marr wrote:

This pretty much sums up one thing that I have always wondered about: Why all the secrecy? Why can't we just be told roughly what to expect and when? Doesn't have to be a full list of features that PG intend to implement, but just a hint.

I would certainly like that, because my budget is limited - I guess most people on here are like that - and this year it's particularly limited, so knowing what to expect would make making the right choices that much easier.

If we look at those people who make our beloved (!) OS, they have a publicly available roadmap, that shows you just what to expect and roughly when and that helps us in the IT business make better decisions. Sure they sometimes miss the mark and sometimes they even miss the entire ballpark, but you have an idea anyway.

Just my thoughts!

Ole

In my opinion, secrecy is all prt of the marketing, if you were told too much in advance maybe you would decide not to buy until December.

Secrecy is all part of a big build up so that when it hits the download stage, your adrenlin is flowing, your heart is beating faster, your forehead breaks out into a cold sweat as you reach for your credit card, I must must get it now!

Too much talk in advance will destroy all that.

Since a lot of us are a buch of old foggies on here has anyone decided they want to be buried with their band in a box drive to use in the afterlife,
after all the Pharaoh's did it.

musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

On the up side:

EVERYBODY will be buying in December!

disclaimer:
I'm just makin' this up. I have no idea what the plan is.

In fairness, I looked at date of purchase for last year and in my case it was Jul 15th, year before was Jun 27 Jun, but in 2009 it was 18 Aug. However, I may have waited or was out of town that year (until this year I was almost never home so I got to my "fun stuff" when I could).

I don't remember ever commenting or asking "when?" about the mid-year or the Christmas offerings. But especially this year, and ONLY in my case, PG may have already missed MY boat. Finances are a lot different this year (and I just bought KARMA for my Motif and my Wife a new Nissan so.....). Unless there is some radical departure from the norm (e.g., something offered at mid-year that will never be offered again) I'll simply wait until end of year now.

However, I do look forward to see what, if anything, PG comes up with.

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 07/18/12 06:47 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Apprentice
Apprentice
My two cents.

Many of us have bought two upgrades per year for many years. This year may may be different for several reasons:

1. The later the upgrade the less value and time to learn.

2. Biab is now a mature product. The interface is perhaps overdue for an upgrade.

3. Real tracks are great but a point of diminishing returns sets in. Even though I have all of them I still can't find exactly what I want.

4 . This is a tough economy and money is tight. Not knowing if and when an upgrade is coming means users will find other items for their musical budget. INMHO NOT keeping loyal customers in the loop is a mistake. When I was in management I always kept my best customers in the loop.

This is still my favorite music creation tool but for the above reasons may take a pass on the mid year upgrade. My hope is that PG is waiting to do something dramatic.

Visit our web site:
su4u.net
Veteran
Veteran
A big + 1 to all of that especially the part,

"INMHO NOT keeping loyal customers in the loop is a mistake"

Its very strange indeed that a beta tester is not allowed to give any info before a release, if they are a beta tester, if there will be a release, but once the release is out there are very happy to talk about the beta testing and tell us that they took part.

Not a reflection on them, they do a sterling job, but it seems it must be PGmusic';s official policy. You remember that old tv series "The Prisioner" and all the secrecy involved!

I have all the realtracks too and they are great, BUT so is midi as I'm beginning to realise in the latest little song that I am doing where I am manually entering the notes in the notation (well trying to within my ability).

That little musical phrase can't be got with the existing realtracks, and though as I said realtracks are great I would like to see further enhancements on the midi side as well.

I used to get a bit irritated by Notes Norton talking about the virtues of midi all the time, but I am beginning to understand what he is on about now.

Just my opinions again.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Its very strange indeed that a beta tester is not allowed to give any info before a release, if they are a beta tester, if there will be a release, but once the release is out there are very happy to talk about the beta testing and tell us that they took part.

Obviously I don't know everything but what company does this? I've never heard or seen any that gives prerelease info. Even unofficial rumours gets companies in trouble sometimes when the thing rumored about doesn't happen. To tell people that oh yeah we're working on a mid year update and our target is whatever, then it doesn't happen, then what? For all we know, the lead developer had a heart attack and is sitting the hospital right now. Things have to get tested and sorted out and unless the people doing the developing are perfect transcendental geniuses and everything goes exactly to plan then how on earth can they say that until it is in fact, ready for release?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Veteran
Veteran
I've done a bit of testing for PreSonus hardware and can tell you, that beta testers are sworn to secrecy, signing an electronic confidentiality document and all that good stuff. It'd be not normal for PG to NOT do the same for their products.

Last edited by MikeK; 07/19/12 09:49 AM.

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
MikeK #162718 07/21/12 10:42 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Like the rest of you I to have been waiting for 2012.5. I think though that I have a better idea for PG. Offer a monthly update subscription. Allow us dielhards to subscrlibe to a service that provides a d/l every month of the latest upgraded stuff like completed real trackks and stuff worked out during the month. Charge us 24.95 a month. that comes to 299.40 a year. More than 2 $129.00 updates a year. yeh, with just 100 of us signing up for that they would have a monthly stream of $2500. That might pay the rent on buildings or server fees. Granted they would loose the upgrades every 6 months but they would also eliminate the need for providing new usb hard drives in large numbers. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Dell 610 dual Monitor, win 7-10, Sonar Plat, ProTools 10 & 11, Reaper 4, BIAB/real Band 2022, Easy Drummer, Superior Drummer, Kontact Essentials, Personnel Orchestra, Korg Legacy Analog & Digital
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Like the rest of you I to have been waiting for 2012.5. I think though that I have a better idea for PG. Offer a monthly update subscription. Allow us dielhards to subscrlibe to a service that provides a d/l every month of the latest upgraded stuff like completed real trackks and stuff worked out during the month. Charge us 24.95 a month. that comes to 299.40 a year. More than 2 $129.00 updates a year. yeh, with just 100 of us signing up for that they would have a monthly stream of $2500. That might pay the rent on buildings or server fees. Granted they would loose the upgrades every 6 months but they would also eliminate the need for providing new usb hard drives in large numbers. Seems like a no brainer to me.

given the enormous size of the product, a subscription that allows incremental downloads is an absolutely KILLER idea, Earl! I'd subscribe in a heartbeat.

I do hereby award you one forum "attaboy" for the cool idea. Remember, however, that one "AwRats" negates all outstanding "attaboys".

(I didn't quote that exactly as I learned it, but you get my drift. )

Pat Marr #162720 07/22/12 06:13 AM
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D
I know that I'd subscribe to a monthly update plan. That's not something I say lightly but I trust PG Music enough that I do so gladly.

The harder I work the luckier I get.
Donsta #162721 07/22/12 08:08 AM
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
Looks like 2012.9

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I'd only go along with this idea if it could run alongside the end of year upgrade price.

To be honest I really hate monthly subscriptions services, some I can't get out of like broadband utilities etc, but I detest them.

I like the idea if you want to buy something, you only do so if you can afford it and pay a one off price as we do now every year for biab upgrades.

Everyone has different opinions I know.

Musiclover

D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D
While I personally like the idea of a subscription, I'm with Musiclover in that it should be an option along with the annual or semi-annual upgrades.

The harder I work the luckier I get.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,574
Members38,496
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY, Fender601
38,495 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193