You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#163610 - 06/22/12 05:48 PM [RealBand] live gig/jukebox questions...
jazaddict Offline
Apprentice

So the jukebox can open, be started,and close to allow focus to the conductor . Ok....I guess this is workable ....it'd be better to be able to leave the jukebox open but relinquish focus so u can jump around the list if u want

And after the song is finished the next song cues,and with "stop between songs" selected it waits for a start message...I have a footswitch programmed to send space-bar and off we go...still in juke box mode.

My footswitch also enters and exits loop mode....stays in jukebox. Awesome.

But if I use the spacebar to stop early I'm kicked outta jukebox mode (the word "jukebox" disappears from the title bar and sure enough,the next song doesn't cue. Good grief....really ?

I read a thread where one of the posters said he discovered and hates and requested some modification to be able to stop a song but stay in juke mode...no love.

So does anybody work around this somehow?

Another thing....if u use the < > to move in the list, playback starts immediately regardless of "stop between songs" setting. ....and of course,if u hit stop either in jukebox or out of jukebox mode ur kicked outta jukebox mode.....I really want the ability to cue a song but not start till I hit the footswitch.

Also...how do u not play the currently cued song? Ya know?like the stop-between is checked,the next song loads and waits but I don't wanna play that one...can't get off that song.

Anybody workin this?

Edited by jazaddict (06/22/12 05:58 PM)

#163611 - 06/22/12 06:31 PM [RealBand] Re: live gig/jukebox questions... [Re: jazaddict]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

I use the JB but leave it up. When you say you close it do you mean minimize it? I'll play with it tomorrow.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.Wintertexaninfo.com/Bands/JohnnyD.php

#163612 - 06/22/12 07:47 PM [RealBand] Re: live gig/jukebox questions... [Re: silvertones]
jazaddict Offline
Apprentice

Yah....in Help it says you can close it and re-open it with the OK button ,but its actually the CLOSE button. Its still functioning,changes the song,waits for start....when u reopen its showing the current and next.

However, if u interupt playback the juke loses its place.

I meant to mention that the ReOpen-juke-starting-at-highlighted button doesn't change to the the highlighted...it MOVES the highlight to the old CURRENT and starts playing...kinda funny really. Its like "what...I'm playing the highlighted one...u didn't say WHO selects the highlight <sticks its tongue out at me >"

#163613 - 06/26/12 03:29 PM [RealBand] Re: live gig/jukebox questions... [Re: jazaddict]
LoveGuitar Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Yoakum, Texas
What footswitch do you use?

Todd

Todd

#163614 - 06/26/12 09:40 PM [RealBand] Re: live gig/jukebox questions... [Re: LoveGuitar]
jazaddict Offline
Apprentice

Its a 3 USB I got off EBAY for $26 shipped. A bit wonky on the setup, but once I figured it out its workin great.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triple-3-USB-Key...=item3f11bb145e

#163615 - 06/28/12 08:00 AM [RealBand] Re: live gig/jukebox questions... [Re: jazaddict]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

Its a 3 USB I got off EBAY for $26 shipped. A bit wonky on the setup, but once I figured it out its workin great.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triple-3-USB-Key...=item3f11bb145e

hahaha
ads for products made in China crack me up. The description says:
" You can use it by your hands and feet so that efficiency. " <--really? That's where the period goes??

Having said that, $26 bucks is a killer price for this puppy! I want use with hands(??) and feet so that efficiency!

#163616 - 06/29/12 08:56 PM [RealBand] Re: live gig/jukebox questions... [Re: Pat Marr]
jazaddict Offline
Apprentice

Why do you hate pigeon English?

Its definitely shipping from china...took 10 days

Not one thing wrong with it...works great.

#163617 - 06/30/12 11:53 AM [RealBand] Re: live gig/jukebox questions... [Re: jazaddict]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

Why do you hate pigeon English?

Its definitely shipping from china...took 10 days

Not one thing wrong with it...works great.

I DON'T hate pigeon English! I love it! In fact, I watch a lot of subtitled asian TV and movies, partly because the subtitles can be more entertaining than the plot.

regarding the pedal: I already ordered one, as soon as I saw your post. It looks like an amazing value, and I've been wanting a USB pedal for quite a while.

What do you use all 3 pedals for?

Any specific advice for me regarding installation?

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28088 Members
57 Forums
54477 Topics
450517 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
tjohnson1800, RickyWonder, M.Raz, omicloud, Iam Nemo

28087 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 197
Matt Finley 143