Go To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Are You Ready To "Do The Microwave?" The challenge this week was to name food in a song. This is my funny attempt at that.

44. Do The Microwave

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
This is song 45 of the 50/90 Songwriting Challenge. The instruments are all midi with Triplet feel, with the exception of the drums which are the real drums from Band in a Box.

45. A Sinner Such As I

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great Lyrics Robert on A Sinner Such as I, thanks for sharing!

User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Tommyc thanks for the kind words. I appreciate all of your feedback and suggestions!

My Tunes

User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Song 46 of the 50/90 Challenge, my voice is getting a little shaky a lot of singing since July 4. The funny thing about this song is I sat down writing lyrics for another song that I had thought about, and then this one popped in my head and just began to flow out. I had my microphone in a box that my brother built, since I do not have a soundproof room; I took it out of the box for this song and set it up in the middle of the room; I noticed in the box I was getting a lot of extra low end to my vocals even when I stood far away from the mic. This song I stood about 6" from the mic. All feed back is welcome.

46. The Rock of Ages

My Tunes

PgFantastic #165274 09/21/12 10:11 PM
User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Here is song 47 of the Songwriting Challenge. I used the tambourine loop from band in a box 2012. The loops in Biab are outstanding sound quality.

47. Music

My Tunes

PgFantastic #165275 09/25/12 05:57 PM
User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
This is song 48 of the challenge. Here is the link. thanks everyone for all of the feedback as I have tried to complete the 50.

48. Blessing

My Tunes

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Robert,
What an amazing body of work! Although I haven't listened to all 48, you really have written some great stuff.
You should have 49 and 50 any day now. Are you going to make the 90 days goal? Are you going to keep going on or are you exhausted? I hope when you done you can summarize your experience for us.

SD

User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
SpaceDog, I hope to have 49 posted later today. It is written just need to do the demo. Had not thought about posting a summary but you have given me the idea, so I will as soon as 50 is posted. I will probably hold at 50 as my voice is nearly shot. I have gained a new respect for the professionals who sing night in and night out. They said Elvis did sometimes 2 or 3 shows a night in Vegas, His throat must have felt like sandpaper, Lol! Thanks for the kind comments!

My Tunes

User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Went back to my country roots for this one, this is an inspirational number. This is song 49 of the challenge, only 1 more to go. Here is the link

49. Keep On Living

My Tunes

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Robert,

What a wonderful message! I love the lines ...
Quote:

when life gives you a hundred reasons to cry
live like you have a thousand reasons to smile

So true!

I think it's amazing how productive you are. You are a songwriting inspiration.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #165280 09/30/12 07:51 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Robert,

Once again, you are a songwriting machine, my friend! Thanks for sharing all your good work here!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Thanks Noel96 and Steve Young for listening and taking the time to comment. God bless you both and all who have followed this link as I have endeavored to do the 50/90 Songwriting Challenge.

My Tunes

User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
50 songs in 90 days is in the books, I had to put this song together at warp speed, to get it done in time to finish the challenge. The title was inspired from a message I heard from brother in Christ Matt Black. Here is a link to his music Matt and Joanna Black

Here is a link to song 50 of the challenge 50. My Constant Need

My Tunes

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Robert,
Congratulation!!!! What an amazing accomplishment! Your body of work throughout the 50/90 challenge is inspirational on so many levels. Thank you for sharing.

SD

User Showcase
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
I want to thank all who took the time to listen and give feedback on my 50/90 Songwriting Challenge material. I begin this by saying if you love writing this is the challenge for you. The 50/90 Challenge is to write 50 songs in 90 day; from July 4th to October 1st. Here is the link to it

5090 Challenge

I have participated in 2 of them now and it is a blast, you meet so many great people; I have been able to collaborate on several songs. Each week they post a challenge: some of the challenges this year were to write a song with late in the title, use Olympics in the title, there were 13 challenges in all. Also individuals will post there own challenges if you choose to try them. The rest of the time you just write what you feel like writing. I was given the idea to write about how I accomplished the challenge by SpaceDog. First and foremost I thank God for giving me the love of music! I prayed before I wrote each song, sometimes the song would be a message “I Want To Breathe”, other times it was just something meant to bring a laugh “Microwave”, which I wrote to fulfill one of the challenges about naming food in the song. I sing all of the time, instrument or not, that is all Him! Since I was 12 I have wanted to write songs. Many people think that you have to wait and be inspired to write a song. The whole premise behind the Challenge is to just write and that you do not have to wait to be inspired. That you want to write a song, that is all of the inspiration you need, and putting your life or what you see in life and the way you feel in words is inspiration you turn into the lyric. My Lord saved me and gave me a reason to sing and write, so most of what I write about is Him. Sometimes I wrote about what He has done in my life song 28 "That's Enough About Me, sometimes I wrote about things that have happened in my life, other times it is just something off the wall that I think will bring laughter or a smile. I got inspiration from quotes, song 49 “Keep On Living” was inspired by this quote, “when life gives you a hundred reasons to cry live like you have a thousand reasons to smile.” Sometimes it was something I heard someone say, the 50th song was inspired by a fellow brother in Christ who was giving a message and he talked about his “constant need.” Bam the light came on and I thought that would be a great title for a song. Band in a Box is the perfect tool for the Challenge because you can go from lyric to full band accompaniment in just minutes. The hardest part for me is the mixing; getting everything to sound good in the mix, and that takes the longest of anything. I would suggest to all who would endeavor to do this, finish one song at a time, do not try to work on several at the same time. Try to do the best you can to finish one and move on, realize that time flies and you can go back when the challenge is over and correct mistakes you made and make a polished master later; the goal is to get a workable demo. Many folks at the challenge use only a guitar or piano, or ukulele some even do the work accapella, still others only post the lyrics and then look for people to collaborate and add music. I use Biab because it is just so easy to create a song in it. When you say 50 songs in 90 days it sounds daunting. Here is a breakdown of how you can do it, this was written by a fellow 5090er. The Challenge begins on July 4th and Ends October 1st.
Days July songs needed
0 4 0
7 11 4
14 18 8
21 25 12
August
28 1 16
35 8 20
42 15 24
49 22 28
56 29 32
September
63 5 36
70 12 40
77 19 44
84 26 48
October
90 1 50

One guy at the Challenge this year posted 241 songs, is that not amazing?!

This was the process I used, I wrote the lyrics on a program called lyricist and then put the chords in BiaB to add the music, I try to write the lyrics in the evening and then add music and post the next day,. It does not always work out that way. That is why I said before to make sure you work on one song at a time. The goal is to finish as many as you can, with the goal being 50. The good thing about the Challenge is it gives you a reason to make yourself write. Before I got in the Challenge I would sit and wait for “the magic inspiration” and From age 12 to 46 I had written around 70 songs, Then I joined 2 February Album Writing Months (Another Songwriting Challenge 14 Songs in 28 days or 141/2 when February has 29 days in it.)

Here is the Link FAWM

and 2 50/90 Challenges and in 2 year I have written over 150 songs. I had so much fun with the challenge I want to bring the challenge to you; write a song about the thing in your life that means the most to you. Post it as MY Challenge Song. You want inspiration? You got it! I look forward to hearing them. You have all the tools you need in Band in a Box and a piece of paper and a pencil or word processor on the computer, LOL. Have fun!

My Tunes

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I always love your Lyrics, very inspirational!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,468
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195