Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Everyone

A little bit of Country for a change.

It dosen't need any introduction,I didn't try to emulate the Pedal Steel as in the original
because the tune is played on guitar,and it didn't sound quite right.

Played on my homemade Strat with original 1986 Fender Pick-ups,through my Tonelab as usual.

Comments welcome,thanks for listening,have a nice day.

Alan

http://www.4shared.com/file/92469700/b5bc66ce/Stand_By_Your_Man_Test_Mix.html

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
What can you say Alan. It's pro like. You have it down Pat.

Harold Buckelew WB2CGG Visit my Web Site www.theimperialmusiccenter.com HP Pavilion a6110n PC. BIAB 2011. In God We Trust
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Alan.... I always enjoy your posts Your Strat is sounding great, as is your playing!

One teeny gripe if I may.... There is a hamony note near the end, If going by the lyrics its on the word "can"
Keep giving all the love you CAN ....Stand by your man....

I'm just being picky The root note is Db and the harmony note is E An alternative for the harmony might be F on the word "can and moving up to F# on the next bar

Not suggesting you should change anything, it's just my opinion .

Good stuff buddy, keep em coming .....

Dave.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,
Your playing is wonderful, reminiscent in some places of Chet Atkins on this song. However, it's all Mono. There is no seperation. All the players are standing in the same place on stage...it must be very crowded there.

I can't believe the backing tracks you are buying don't have the capability of pan and positioning for the individual tracks.

Where do you get them again?

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Excellent work.

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Guys

Many thanks for the comments,appreciated as always.

Dave,
I tried it both ways and thought the way it is sounded right.
I think it's personal preference.

Gary,He He you got a PM
I got the files off the Internet and some off ebay,in case anyone
else was wondering.
Wait till I post the next one,Oh eck!!!

Alan

Off-Topic
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D
Sounds nice and clean. Am I to understand that you purchased the backing tracks and then added your guitar? Where did you get the tracks?

Darren

HI , I'm new here and I love BIAB
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Alan,

What a great arrangement! I'm just about to hit "replay" to listen again.

Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
another great rendition of an old country song. its a keeper. thanks.
i would love to hear you pick 'buckaroo' and 'chaparral' by don rich. what about it?

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert

Excellent! Well done.

My website to hear my stuff-

http://www.edbulmer.com/

guitar player, vocalist, sailor
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Alan;

Great guitar work. Nice and clean. Good mix.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here is chaparral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY9P738E0Zo

and buckaroo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXHbNmHhEoI&NR=1

The late don rich was a great guitarist, fiddle player, and vocalist in buck owen’s band ‘the buckaroos’ until his untimely death in a motorcycle wreck.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bootiful, Alan! Guitar tone is perfect (for the genre) and your touch is as ever, immaculate.
Gary's right about the stereo picture, I can hear a rhythm guitar lightly off to the left but all the others seem more or less centre. A meagre point in the context of a first class piece, but I'd just pan the piano a tad (opposite side to the rhyhtm guitar) so the stereo picture is nice and 'full'.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
Off-Topic
S
S
Hi,

Myself Snoreta from India! I am new here in this forum. I just want to say hello to all. I am glad to be a member here.

Snoreta

workout programs

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Alan sent me some details on his setup, and how he tracked stuff. So, I made some suggestions for him.

One of the things that I did was to use the videos uploaded by Matt Finley on YouTube to demonstrate what 'sound stage' looks like.

Matt and his band, RioJazz playing 'Just A Little Bit Higher'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B0Rg7VJgbk

'Julia'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIcNSeuxiKw&feature=channel

'Jordan'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiby68YSbZI&feature=channel

I also suggested to Alan since he had the backing guitars panned both right and left that he pan them both to the same side, and put a little separation between them, so pan on Left 30 and the other Left 40 or 45.

But, I also had to apologize to Alan, because I made a huge mistake. I didn't realize that my left and right speakers were not connected, and I was only listening on the center speaker. It wasn't until later that I was listening again on headphones did I realize the error, and correct it.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks Gary

I always thought the placement of certain instruments was pre-determined,having
listened to the vid's and comments it appears that's not right.

Hopefully the next couple of songs will be an improvement,if not I will be
looking for a sound engineer with lots of patience,lol.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind comments,I'll be back soon.

Alan

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Alan that's simply magnificent ole buddy

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,
As a musician, you may be told 'stand here on this mark', or 'we're going to put you here in the mix', and you kind of have to do that. BUT, on the hand, wearing the Engineer hat, you get to put the instruments wherever you want. You are the boss, and the only rules that you have to obey are the ones that you want to.

Now, having said that, there are some basic guidelines for mixing that most people follow, because you want a certain sound.

Let's talk about The Ventures, because that's where a lot of your sound is modeled after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sJUf4NMI...=PL&index=1

Notice that indeed, the drummer is behind the lead guitarist, and the rhythm guitars are off to either side. So, if you're playing a Ventures song, technically the way you set up 'Stand By Your Man' would be accurate to The Ventures sound. At least the VISUAL Sound Stage. Remember though that the outputs of drums and guitar amps are sent through a mixing board, and once in the hands of the Sound Engineer, can be panned right, left or wherever they want. In fact, I could with a console, put the left guitarist on the right, and the right guitarist on the left. I can even make them 'walk' across the stage, sonically, just by adjusting the pan of the tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR1ln52_ccM&feature=PlayList&p=B3AD0A46840A5379&index=6

Now, for this one, the drums appear on the hard right, and the guitarists are all left, but if you could hear it in stereo, it wouldn't be that way, because of the mixing going on in real time.

In this video of The Beatles 'Hard Days Night' you can see Ringo is back off to the right of the stage, there's a piano back on the left side of the stage, and John, Paul and George are all to the left of Ringo. Again, because it's not stereo, you won't hear that, but live, you would, and the engineer might play with the pan and volume controls to move them around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShrdKHeAel0&feature=related

So, don't be constrained by what you THINK you have to do, move things around to create what you WANT to hear.

Gary

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It's all been said.

OUTSTANDING as usual Alan.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

It's all been said.

OUTSTANDING as usual Alan.

+1

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
www.soundclick.com/superbron
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,533
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200