You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#174047 - 09/21/12 10:34 PM [User Showcase] Country Song-I'm Moving On
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Ya’ll,

Here’s a song I wrote back in 2010. Some of you might remember it. All real tracks. Recorded in RB and remixed in Tracktion. I also sprinkled in some piano from the one of great new country piano tracks we didn't have then. This is mid uptempo alternative neo traditional country. The vocal was sung with a specific artist of that genre in mind. Fun song. Let me know if there's any glaring issues with the mix.

Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for listening.

I'm Moving On
My Videos

#174048 - 09/21/12 10:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: Sundance]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Josie,

I remember this song from a little while back. It's a real credit to you as a songwriter. I've got to say that I don't remember is sounding so excellent, though. To my ears, this arrangement and mix is demo quality all the way. Brilliant.

All the best,
Noel

#174049 - 09/22/12 09:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: Noel96]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Great country production. The guitar is perfect. Sounds like early Loretta... or Jeannie C Riley.

Edited by floyd jane (09/22/12 09:19 AM)

#174050 - 09/22/12 09:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: floyd jane]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Sounds good, nice work Josie. Good idea revisiting for the new realtracks.

#174051 - 09/23/12 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: Sundance]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Tears in my beer and a wurlitzer. Nice all the way around and I've listened to and played the genre for years.
J&B Website

#174052 - 09/24/12 09:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: Janice & Bud]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Noel, Floyd, rharv, and Mootsman,

Thank you guys! I really appreciate each of you taking the time to listen and your feedback.
Makes a girl feel right good.
My Videos

#174053 - 09/25/12 11:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: Sundance]
occ Offline
Journeyman

Hey Josie!! Loved it!! Seems to me this your best style of music. I think this song could be marketable. I love that country sound going on. occ

#174054 - 09/25/12 03:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: occ]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Quote:

Hey Josie!! Loved it!! Seems to me this your best style of music. I think this song could be marketable. I love that country sound going on. occ

I’m with OCC on this one! Great vocals and lyrics set to the perfect backing tracks.

The only thing I found wrong with this is that I had to hear it here and not on a country radio station, GAC or CMT!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#174055 - 09/28/12 11:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: MarioD]
jptjptjpt Offline
Apprentice

Really great production. Full sound. Great country lyrics and vocals. Nice ironic chorus and hook line. The melody is sweet too.

Top notch song.

And standing O for BIAB!

#174056 - 09/28/12 01:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: jptjptjpt]
Curt Young Offline
Apprentice

Top shelf, Josie.

Lyrics, vocals, mix, etc.... Nice work all the way around.

#174057 - 09/29/12 11:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: Curt Young]
BruceI Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Massachusetts
Very cool song! Everything on this track works really well. Great job!

#174058 - 09/29/12 01:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: BruceI]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi josie enjoyed very much mix vocals arrangement well done thanks for sharing eric

#174059 - 09/29/12 05:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: F.M.M.]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Yo Josie,

I really liked it in 2010 but now I love it!

The tweaks you made really polished it off my friend.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#174060 - 09/30/12 11:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: Danny C.]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Quote:

Yo Josie,

I really liked it in 2010 but now I love it!

The tweaks you made really polished it off my friend.

Later,

+1 Josie! Your work is always top shelf stuff. Thanks for posting.

#174061 - 09/30/12 11:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: Don Gaynor]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Hi Josie,

A real good country song! I remember when you posted it a couple years ago. Good rework! I always enjoy your writing and productions.

Steve

#174062 - 10/01/12 07:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: Steve Young]
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
What a good song Josie, lots of interesting twists and turns which had me hooked. It perfectly showcases your versatile voice. A very enjoyable listen indeed.

I'm going to drop in a teeny thing that came to mind whilst listening, then I'll put on my steel helmet and head for the hills.
I'd love to hear a smidgeon of reverb on your vocal.
(Cue noise of Roadrunner whizzing toward the horizon...)
BIAB 2017
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 3

#174063 - 10/02/12 10:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Country Song-I'm Moving On [Re: Skyline]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Occ, Mario, jpt, Curt, Bruce, Eric, Danny, Don, Steve and John -

Thank each of you for listening. Your feedback means a lot to me.

BTW, John, I agree a bit more reverb certainly wouldn't hurt....meep..meep.... LOL!

My Videos

PG Music News
National One-Hit Wonder Day!

Today is NATIONAL ONE-HIT WONDER DAY!

Have you ever created a "one-hit wonder" (that you'll admit to)? Post it to this thread - we'd love to hear it!

Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Forum Stats
27992 Members
57 Forums
54093 Topics
446228 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
snenamor, yes daddy music, grivers, mononino, alphanumeric onl

27991 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 499
David Snyder 181