You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#182034 - 12/01/12 12:25 AM [Off-Topic] I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ...
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here since I know it’s primarily an electronic music site for BIAB, but here’s a couple of songs recorded by the BBC in Scotland that showcase a young lady that’s carrying on the acoustic tradition.

The lady’s name is Sarah Jarosz. She’s a multi-instrumentalist, singer and songwriter that’s more than worthy of note. It’s great to see the acoustic tradition being in such capable hands.

(It doesn’t hurt that she has some acoustic giants backing her up.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHcYiOsO3...ture=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIEC9DSc3aw&feature=BFa&list=PL614C5812372A83A9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juu18TmPEXM&feature=BFa&list=PL614C5812372A83A9

I’ve got a special place in my heart for music that could be played in your living room, …… even if the electricity is off!

I hope at least a few of you enjoy these clips.

#182035 - 12/01/12 02:09 AM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: bobcflatpicker]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
Bob,

Don't know the young lady, but really enjoyed the music.

Also good learning tool, to listen to their mix.

Thanks for sharing.

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#182036 - 12/01/12 06:08 AM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: seeker]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I watched all three videos -- super stuff. I don't think I knew of her either. She looks familiar, though. Very good singing and playing all around.

Edit: Interesting comments on the videos where folks get side tracked arguing about what kind of dobro Jerry is playing when none of them are resonator guitars at all.

#182037 - 12/01/12 07:00 AM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: Kemmrich]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Wow.. just beautiful music.
Thanks for posting, Bob

#182038 - 12/01/12 07:11 AM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: bobcflatpicker]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Quote:

I’ve got a special place in my heart for music that could be played in your living room,

Heck, these folks can play in my living room any time they want.

#182039 - 12/01/12 10:02 AM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: MusicStudent]
lkmuller Offline
Expert

Loc: Aiea, HI, USA
Nice, Bob, I liked that.

#182040 - 12/01/12 10:26 AM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: MusicStudent]
megafiddle Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Fred'burg VA
Thanks for posting that!

Simply beautiful and beautifully simple

#182041 - 12/01/12 10:43 AM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: MusicStudent]
Don Gaynor Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Wow Robert! Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, Russ Barenburg, Alyson Krouss, could make even me sound good. Sarah is a little girl that I'll be watching. I followed her links and found many more straight acoustic numbers. Transatlantic Sessions is an excellent session to follow on YT. Look for Aly Bain, fiddler extraordinaire, with Russ and Jerry. Its unbelievable.

#182042 - 12/01/12 03:36 PM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: bobcflatpicker]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Bob, this was simply fantastic. Sarah is one great singer. That duet with Alylson was super. Loved all three videos.

Do not hesitate to post acoustic music on this site. Although I’m most playing electric guitars and bass I do have acoustic versions of both plus a couple of very old mandolins. Also I do appreciated all genres of music as do, I believe, a vast majority of the users here.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#182043 - 12/01/12 03:57 PM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: MarioD]
Veteran

Quote:

Bob, this was simply fantastic. Sarah is one great singer. That duet with Alylson was super. Loved all three videos.

Do not hesitate to post acoustic music on this site. Although I’m most playing electric guitars and bass I do have acoustic versions of both plus a couple of very old mandolins. Also I do appreciated all genres of music as do, I believe, a vast majority of the users here.

True, Bob. I considered myself a parlor troubadour. Acoustic is where it's at!

My family sat around with our acoustic instruments and had a ball. No electricity, no problem.

#182044 - 12/01/12 04:11 PM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: Don Gaynor]
filkertom Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Last I checked, most of us here love acoustic music. And some of our favorite RealTracks are acoustic tracks. And many of us play acoustic instruments. And and and...

Oh, and, yeah, she's really good.
Win10/64 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2017 • Reaper 5
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#182045 - 12/01/12 04:54 PM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: filkertom]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Its ALL acoustic AFAIC.

Amplified or not, the sound still travels through the air. In Acoustic fashion.

If you ever heard a guitar underwater...

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#182046 - 12/01/12 05:07 PM [Off-Topic] Re: I’m sometimes hesitant to post acoustic music here ........... but ... [Re: Mac]
Veteran

Too many nuclear physicists, rocket scientists and engineers spoil a perfectly good party, Mac! (Exiting stage left).

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

Forum Stats
27976 Members
57 Forums
53964 Topics
445703 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Ivica Pencic, fuhawa95, Clayton A Baca, mervo, Barrywl

27976 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 456
David Snyder 152