Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Great. So the fonts are installed. If you are running ASIO, remember that it's one-program-at-a-time (so don't choose ASIO with BiaB if you've got Cubase running.

Anyway, best suggestion is to run Band-in-a-Box, and explore the various styles etc. Likely RealBand is having ASIO problems with your interface, or the fact that Cubase is/has been run also with ASIO. So forget about RealBand.

The installation is done, and it looks like you've got everything installed. As mentioned above, increase the tempo to 140 (from 130) on that demo if you want to avoid the artifacts that are sometimes created by tempo stretching to lower tempos.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Real Band is another issue. The lead sheet shows now. Still plays choppy and massive CPU usage. I cannot load / find any real tracks in place of midi tracks. If I press BB I get the real drums to render, but every other track plays with that cheesy midi GM generator and real tracks are not available to substitute.

So I might be the 1 in 1000's and 1000's with a genuine issue? I don't know but I would like to work this out. Since the Real Band recommendation I have done everything BUT play my instrument. Challenging to say the least.

Any input? Can you direct me to the manual pages that show how to convert/use audio tracks in lieu of midi tracks? Thank you

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Tex,

There is a known situation where the internal hard drive inside the black usb case gets a little loose in its connections. This can sometimes happen in shipping, some have reported it in general use. The fix is rather simple:

Try opening the usb hard drive case and disconnecting and reseating the drive to the connector, then reassemble the end covers and see if it will read all those installation files, etc.

Depending on the type of hard drive case you were shipped, the end caps may come off with tiny phillips screws or it may be the type that uses little plastic pushins to release the covers.

HTH,

--Mac

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Quote:

Great. So the fonts are installed. If you are running ASIO, remember that it's one-program-at-a-time (so don't choose ASIO with BiaB if you've got Cubase running.

Anyway, best suggestion is to run Band-in-a-Box, and explore the various styles etc. Likely RealBand is having ASIO problems with your interface, or the fact that Cubase is/has been run also with ASIO. So forget about RealBand.

The installation is done, and it looks like you've got everything installed. As mentioned above, increase the tempo to 140 (from 130) on that demo if you want to avoid the artifacts that are sometimes created by tempo stretching to lower tempos.

Thanks. You posted while I was typing. Forget about RealBand? Ha... honestly? I thought that was the answer to my issues? Besides, it should work. It comes with my purchase. For reference Cubase is not running however I can run multiple high intensity programs with ASIO simultaneously, have for years. Ill work this out on my own Peter. Thank you.

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Quote:

Tex,

There is a known situation where the internal hard drive inside the black usb case gets a little loose in its connections. This can sometimes happen in shipping, some have reported it in general use. The fix is rather simple:

Try opening the usb hard drive case and disconnecting and reseating the drive to the connector, then reassemble the end covers and see if it will read all those installation files, etc.

Depending on the type of hard drive case you were shipped, the end caps may come off with tiny phillips screws or it may be the type that uses little plastic pushins to release the covers.

HTH,

--Mac

Cheers. Thanks Mac. I will look at that.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
>>> Any input? Can you direct me to the manual pages that show how to convert/use audio tracks in lieu of midi tracks?

Sure. RealBand 2012.5 Manual.pdf, chapter 8: RealTracks And Audio

Normally you just press the Style Control (under the title on the main screen), and then select a style that has RealStyles and then press GENERATE button. If you aren't hearing RealTracks, you should make sure that the folders are being pointed to correctly (Prefs-Song Generation-Paths for BB Song Generation). But if they were wrong, you would be getting yellow messages telling you that.

Remember, if a style has a "_" to start the name, it is a RealStyle (no MIDI). If it doesn't, then it is a MIDI style. If it has an '=' sign to begin, it is mixed (Real/MIDI)

For additional RealBand questions, please post in the RealBand forum, as the users there may be able to provide additional tips.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
This is frustrating. Now after the RE-install (where the notation fonts now show) Now in BIAB any Real Tracks songs I choose are missing instruments! I get a message (yellow) in the upper right corner telling me the file is missing. And yes Peter, with respect and thanks the file folders are pointing to the right folders in RealBand.

So...isn't is JUST POSSIBLE...a consideration at least that I have a bad disc? Can't this at least be a possibility? With respect to the 1000s of success, these are just average HDs and in all reality, they CAN be defective, go defective etc. I have been struggling with this all day and all last night.

Any input? A 3rd re-install?

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
MORE errors now. some show the active GREEN lit instrument indicating a Real Instrument, but they don't play or sound. The mixer is fine. This happens on ALL Real Tracks songs. Guitars are missing, pianos are missing even if the yellow box does not show up.

Here is a common shot:

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
See this?

Despite all of those green lit instruments... ONLY bass and drums play. Mixer is fine, nothing is muted. Plus I get the Yellow Box to the right telling me a pedal steel file is missing.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
...bad disk ... >>> Can't this at least be a possibility?

Of course it is possible. It wouldn't explain your symptoms (because you say that RealTracks were working, and now cannot be found). That's more likely that you haven't pointed to the folders correctly.

Have you run a chkdsk on the drive? If it has errors, try Mac's suggestion, and if still has problems, contact PG Music for a replacement.

Why not try a single RealTracks
#362 Strumming Guitar.

Does that work?

This is what it needs to work

1. a folder called "Guitar, Acoustic Strumming 85" in your c:\bb\RealTracks folder.
2. files rACg.st2 and rAcG.xt2 in your c:\bb folder.

Visiting your RealTracks dialog will show you what RT are/aren't present.
Make sure that "show N/A RealTracks is selected in the bottom left of that dialog.

Anyway, I'd recommend contacting PG Tech support. Kent is there until 6pm PST (9pm EST) tonight.
Either phone, or press the "LIve Help" chat button at the top of this screen. You can then sort out the issue with the N/A RealTracks.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Here is a LIVE video .gif.

A bad disk or installer would certainly explain my situation. I simply used the installer on the disc Peter. Twice. Both times I have gotten serious errors. Even during the install it showed errors and missing files...I have it posted in this very thread for goodness sakes. This is silly now.

Files are missing AFTER a full install.... should I re-install again? Is it possible to get a fresh disc from the retailer I bought it from? Or from PG music? Or would you like to continue this troubleshooting?

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I'll repeat myself...

"Anyway, I'd recommend contacting PG Tech support. Kent is there until 6pm PST (9pm EST) tonight. Either phone, or press the "Live Help" chat button at the top of this screen. You can then sort out the issue with the N/A RealTracks."

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Quote:

I'll repeat myself...

"Anyway, I'd recommend contacting PG Tech support. Kent is there until 6pm PST (9pm EST) tonight. Either phone, or press the "Live Help" chat button at the top of this screen. You can then sort out the issue with the N/A RealTracks."

You don't have to repeat yourself...I would rather you listened and/ looked at my posts. They are very clear.

Call tech support?...more of my time for a very likely outcome? Ha.... sure Peter I'll contact Kent. At least he may determine what I already know and I can finally get some time with my wife and family today. Cheers.

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Kent was helpful... we troubleshot in-depth. Corrupted disc. No question, no other possibility.

I have to wait until Monday for Rob to actually authorize the 'bad disc return' before I get a replacement. In the meantime, you can have this one back Pete. A bad drive does happen on occasion.

Cheers.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Great!

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
Per your statement "With respect, I did not say it crashes UPON opening it, I said it crashes each time I open it." does not elaborate on what attempted function or action initiated the crash. And when you state "crash", did you happen to browse error/event log in Windows? While it appears Kent will be sending you a replacement drive, other possibilities could be a bad USB cable, port, etc, which have been demonstrated to cause external hard drive errors/failures (I don't believe you mentioned any of those actions). With the various states you mentioned, such as having associated BBW files, then not on subsequent installs, I would suspect a hard drive or hard drive interface issue.

Running the ASIO driver with multiple apps certainly may work under various conditions on different platforms, but the ASIO specification does not guarantee it.

Problem reports with corresponding events events can be difficult to convey...however, several people did attempt to assist you.

Good Luck,

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Just out of curiosity, did Kent suggest you disassemble the hard drive enclosure and make sure the connector to the drive is fully seated? This has been known to loosen during shipping.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Quote:

Per your statement "With respect, I did not say it crashes UPON opening it, I said it crashes each time I open it." does not elaborate on what attempted function or action initiated the crash. And when you state "crash", did you happen to browse error/event log in Windows? While it appears Kent will be sending you a replacement drive, other possibilities could be a bad USB cable, port, etc, which have been demonstrated to cause external hard drive errors/failures (I don't believe you mentioned any of those actions). With the various states you mentioned, such as having associated BBW files, then not on subsequent installs, I would suspect a hard drive or hard drive interface issue.

Running the ASIO driver with multiple apps certainly may work under various conditions on different platforms, but the ASIO specification does not guarantee it.

Problem reports with corresponding events events can be difficult to convey...however, several people did attempt to assist you.

Good Luck,

Rich... thanks for the input. This is not my (nor Kents) first Rodeo. Much more has been gone through / troubleshot than this thread which, in and of itself is extensive enough. I did not even originally post because of a defective disk although I did have 3 failed install attempts last night when I received the disc and errors throughout the install (some are posted on the thread during REINSTALL today).

It is clear the disc is corrupt based on our additional trouble shooting which I will not go into detail as it is extensive. Feel free to call Kent. Ill post some info here for other users.

Also...lets be very clear, I mentioned I was not running multiple apps... only BIAB with ASIO and with a very robust system that I know well and is known to be stable. This isn't a 'hard drive / interface' issue. I am a conscious and aware user of my system/equipment.

As for 'what' crashes Real Band it can be anything (see the CPU meter I posted) It could be after 30 seconds of play, it could be when trying to change styles, opening a new song etc. It runs my CPU up to 100%. 'Crash' may be misleading. It FREEZES and then Windows shuts the program off.

As for the files showing up and then not...that is incomplete. BIAB failed to install the first 3 times, each of those times with error messages (documented with Kent). The 4th time it did install but with many missing files as documented in this thread. I didn't know Real Band was corrupt without fonts and with crashes until Peter suggested I try it. I honestly did not even know it was a different program or exactly what it was. I bought BIAB as far as I knew. When the latest install happened, the fonts appeared but more files were missing.
BTW, error messages occur with a DIRECT copy and paste form the disc. This is only possible with a corrupt disc with missing files.

Even if I can get all of the missing files from PG or recovered from the disc, I have a defective disc / program installer and a corrupt drive that will not run BIAB on its own as intended (despite my intention to run it from my computer). I paid full price for a HD and I do want a fully functioning one. I have been at this (with a new unit) for nearly 20 hours...If you want to offer Kent or PG music your guidance on how they should further trouble shoot this, I am sure they welcome your input. As for now, I welcome a working unit and I am done with this.

Cheers

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Nwvermind what I just posted here, I see you've been in contact with Kent.

PGMusic is good, I fully expect that they will sort this out for you one way or another.

--Mac

Last edited by Mac; 12/01/12 08:09 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Just curious. Are you aware that Peter or Pete ,as you call him, IS PGMusic?My opinion is that you are just a cocky no it all. My opinion of course. I've seen a lot of them here.
I do hope it gets sorted out though.

Last edited by silvertones; 12/01/12 08:13 PM.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,480
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195