Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Band-in-a-Box 2013 for Windows® is here... info and links

The home page has an overview www.pgmusic.com

Ordering information and order here ... http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
Information and demos of the 101 new RealTracks here

Learn more about the new features here...
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.htm

Description of the new features here...
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Information and demos for the 101 new RealTracks here
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.realtracks.htm

Band-in-a-Box 2013 for Windows® is here with over 50 cool new features!

We’ve been busy and have added some great new features and new RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Sounds and Artist Performances to Band-in-a-Box! Compared to version 2012.5 (July 2012), this adds 50 new features, 101 new RealTracks, and 50 new MIDI SuperTracks. Compared to version 2012 (December 2011) this adds 65 new features, 202 new RealTracks, and 91 new MIDI SuperTracks!

Band-in-a-Box 2013 Features and Additions
There are some exciting new features in Band-in-a-Box 2013. We’ve added a new MIDI VST synth (SampleTank) and have added some great High Quality (“Hi-Q”) MIDI Sounds. These Hi-Q sounds make the MIDI tracks (regular and MIDI SuperTracks), sound much better. We’ve added Performance Tracks - Artists Performances on the Melody track, to showcase the BB RealTracks demos playing along to an artist performing the melody. These are great for listening, or learning-from-the-Pros (since notation/tab shows for the performances). You can “Print to PDF” -save your printouts directly as a PDF file. Pick "best" soloist RealTracks: This new dialog shows you the best soloists that match the genre, tempo, feel of your song. There is SoundCloud.com integration and DropBox integration added. A new Song Form feature allows you to define sections of a song (A,B,C etc.), and then rearrange the song by simply typing the form you want (e.g. AABABAACA ). Leadsheet window can now be resized. When you are choosing a RealTracks or RealDrums, there are now a list of recently used - Favorite RealTracks, RealDrums.The popular “Band Button” is enhanced now enhanced, with many more RealStyles made, listed, submenus, and instruments shown. Save Track as Performance. This takes 'freezing' a track one step further, and saves the audio itself. So you can send your BB song to your friend, who will be able to play that track without needing to have the RealTrack installed.

Plus Important Features added in version 2012.5 (released July 2012), including

- MIDI SuperTracks. We’ve enhanced the MIDI style generation, by adding a new engine that generates MIDI SuperTracks. Instead of MIDI styles based on C7 chord patterns that get repeated over every chord, the MIDI SuperTracks are based on actual playing by studio musicians. Play the SuperTracks using your MIDI synth, or favorite VST Plugins to get a great sound using MIDI.
We’ve also added other new MIDI features, such as: selectable PPQ resolution for export of MIDI files (from 120 to 1920 PPQ). We’ve added new chord types, including the
diminished triad (Cdim5 has notes C,Eb,Gb) , the ‘add2’ chord ( Cadd2 = C,D,E,G) and ‘madd2’ (Cmadd2 = C,D,Eb,G)
We’ve enhanced the RealTracks. There are 176 more RealTracks that have ‘Simple Variations’ available now. With 2012 there were 43 RealTracks with simple Variations. Now there are 219, which covers most of the RealTracks that could benefit from a Simple variation! We’ve enhanced the display of the RealCharts, so that the notation, and guitar tab display is more accurate. We’ve added new RealCharts for existing bass RealTracks, so you’ll see notation and bass display for them.

With Band-in-a-Box 2013, we’ve added a huge number of new RealTracks (101), with great new Jazz, Pop, and Country Styles. These include:
- Jazz RealTracks: Classic Jazz Piano (Boogie, Piano-4-to-Bar), Easy Listening Guitar Swing (Oliver Gannon), Smooth Jazz Acoustic Piano, Dixieland - Medium Soloists (Clarinet,Trombone,Trumpet,Ac.Guitar), Cuban Guajira & Guaracha (Bass, Percussion, Piano, Tres) and more.
- Country RealTracks: Pedal Steel Soloing (CMA winner Paul Franklin), 5 new guitar accompaniment RealTracks recorded by Nashville guitar legend Brent Mason, Country Sax Soloing with Mark Douthit, 12 John Jarvis Piano tracks, Fiddle, Mandolin soloing. Resonator guitar soloing with Nashville great Rob Ickes (13 time winner International Bluegrass Player of the Year).
- Pop/Rock RealTracks: Texas Blues slow 12/8 soloing and rhythm with guitar masters Sol Philcox and Brent Mason, Rock Piano (CMA winner John Jarvis), Medium Folk, Euro Dance, Celtic (Aire, Waltz, Irish Bouzouki), Pop Mandolin, and Texas Blues-Rock: Smokin' Blues Sax with Nashville Session master Mark Douthit.

Plus these 101 RealTracks that were added with BB 2011.5 (July 2011)
These 101 RealTracks were added in BB 2012.5:
- Jazz -31 RealTracks including : Cuban RealTracks made with Rebeca Mauleon including full instrumentation for Son Montuno and Bolero (piano, percussion, baby bass, tres guitar, guitar), Jazz Funk “Movin” styles, Mike LeDunne Jazz Waltz Organ, Dixieland smedium tempo rhythm section.
- Pop – 36 RealTracks including Modern Dance Pop, John Jarvis Piano styles, and more Texas Blues and Rock n Roll with Brent Mason and Sol Philcox.
- Country – 34 RealTracks including John Jarvis Country, Praise and Worhsip Modern Groove, Country Boogie, Western Swing Soloists, and Killer Soloists,

With BB 2013, we’ve added 50 Great MIDI SuperTracks, including Piano (Classic, Traditional Jazz, Modern Jazz, Celtic, New Age), Strings (Pop, Jazz) and more

Plus, with BB 2012.5 (July 2012) we added these 41 MIDI SuperTracks, for Pop, Jazz and Country – Piano, Bass, Organ, Synth Pad
MIDI SuperTracks Set 1 – Pop Piano and More -11 MIDI SuperTracks for Pop and Rock
MIDI SuperTracks Set 2 – All Jazz 24 MIDI SuperTracks for Jazz
MIDI SuperTracks Set 3 – Country Piano

Here are some audio demos of the new BiaB 2013 RealTracks

R&B Horns with TexasBluesRock Rhythm Section RealTracks Demo http://64.40.109.32/audio/allstyledemos/_TBLZSBS.m4a http://64.40.109.32/audio/allstyledemos/_TBLZSBS.wma

SlowCountry12/8 with Pedal Steel Soloist RealTracks Demo http://64.40.109.32/audio/allstyledemos/_PSSO128.m4a http://64.40.109.32/audio/allstyledemos/_PSSO128.wma

Brent Mason, Country Ballad with 2 Fingerpicking Guitars http://64.40.109.32/audio/allstyledemos/_FPBNTPS.m4a http://64.40.109.32/audio/allstyledemos/_FPBNTPS.wma

RealTracks Set 173 - Celtic Air, Waltz & More - http://demos.pgmusic.com/audio/allstyledemos/_CELTWLZ.wma
(note: The Fiddle playing the melody isn't a RealTracks (it is an artist performance by Daniel Lapp), but the rest of the instruments are RealTracks.

Country Soloists: Sax and More!: Sax, Tenor, Soloist PopCountryMark Ev 085 http://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/demos/Sax_Tenor_Soloist_PopCountryMark_Ev_085_Render.m4a

Many more audio demos of the RealTracks available here... http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.p...ge=0#Post387351

... and don't forget the features and 1010 RealTracks that were introduced in BiaB 2012.5 (July 2012)
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.p...=1&vc=1

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 05/01/13 03:19 PM.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
P
Paj Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
No special upgrade price for 2012.5 to 2013?

Paj
8^?

PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Paj, yes, there is a special upgrade price from 2012.5 Ultra or Everything Pak to 2013. It is the $99 2013 Plus Pak. It is downloadable and sent to you on DVD. Click on it from the main ordering page.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
A
A
When i can buy this in germany ?. I want not use a credit card, i want pay with paypal or buy on a german shop.

But in germany i see no shop that sell the 2013 Version. all have only the 2012.5.

I try your shop, but here stand something with taxes. I do not more. I also did not know, if i can buy in your shop with paypal.

PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Hi ACD,

You should contact www.m3c.de

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Journeyman
Journeyman
The BIG question for me....does it support 64 bit VSTi's?

Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Joden -

No, BIAB 2013 is still a 32-bit application and will only support 32-bit VSTi's.

There are wishlist requests for a 64-bit version of BIAB, but we'll have to wait until that happens before we can use 64-bit VSTi's.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Journeyman
Journeyman
Yes as I said in the other thread re this...means I will need to look at something else and NOT BIAB...pity, it did show a lot of promise...

Veteran
Veteran
Well, even at 32-bit, you won't find find another program that comes close to doing what BIAB does as well as it does it.

Of course, you can use BIAB to create audio and MIDI parts, which you then can import into a 64-bit DAW, where you can use 64-bit VSTi's. A little extra work, but try creating a full band of parts based on a chord progression in any other DAW.

I'm curious which VSTi's you are wanting to use, as many of them come with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The biggest difference is the amount of memory (i.e. sample size) they can access, but otherwise are functionally equivalent.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Journeyman
Journeyman
Actually just to make a correction, streaming vsti's use very little RAM, as they are streaming from audio samples on a drive...modelling vsti's on the other hand do not stream any sample data but run totally from RAM.

Now with the windows 32 bit restriction on ram to 3 gig MAX, even if you have 16 gig installed...this ram space gets eaten up VERY quickly with the OS, the programs running and the vsti's...hence the need for 64 bit and more available ram.

I am not bagging BIAB at all...I had specific purpose that needed a host to run 64 bit...

I can always just run midi out via LoopMidi into Cantabile as the VST host, but it would have been better all within BIAB as the patches can be saved along with the song...if it is an external host, one also has to jump from BIAB to the host to load a new soundset if needed...

R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Hey BIAB Gang!
Well, I need to jump to 2013. Question on the updates. If I order today, will I still need to download the updates? Or, will they be included with the bundle?

Thanks!

Veteran
Veteran
BIAB ships hard drives with current updates, and there hasn't been an update in many weeks. You should be up to date with whatever you order, assuming it comes directly from the company.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Thanks Matt! Hey, it great to see you out there! It has been a while since we chatted. Have you produced any new CDs? The last I heard was back in 2009.

R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
One more question. Being I am upgrading from 2010, would it be be best to just delete all of 2010 before installing 2013 so as to not have to all the duplicate files? Or, is there any code needed to note this is an upgrade?

I really do not want to hunt and peck through all the files looking for duplicates.

Thanks!

Veteran
Veteran
Thanks! I wrote 8 of the 11 songs on the 2010 CD by my percussionist, Tomas Martin Lopez. The songs were composed in BIAB. We had a great band including some who played on my CD, and the amazing Latin jazz pianist Bill O'Connell playing and arranging. You can PM me if you would like a link for info.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
The installer will simply overwrite your 2010 installation, no problem. The main reason to not delete first is that you may have installed "bonus paks" that are sometimes offered by PG Music.

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
I have always installed the new version of Band in a Box right overtop of the old.

One big advantage in doing it this way is that all of my personal songfiles and folders remain right where they've always been, ready to run with the new version.

--Mac

R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Thanks Matt. I had not installed any packs other than the original product. But, as long as it overwrites the existing software that would be fine. The bugs in 2010 were growing a little frustrating. I am sure they fixed the issues by now.
I am excited as I upgraded to the UltraPlus because I need to stretch my brain and learn something new again.

Don't laugh. But it has been so long since I have made it to the board that I forgot how to PM. Shoot me one if you would.

Thanks!

Veteran
Veteran
Ok, I sent you a PM. You should have a flashing little red icon after the "Logout" up at the top. Click on it.

I mentioned in the PM how to send one.

Hi, I have a question about upgrade paths:

I'm going to be upgrading from version 2009-ish. I'm having a hard time deciding between the MegaPak (at $159) and the UltraPlusPak (at $299).

My question is whether there is a lateral upgrade path from the MegaPak to the UltraPlusPak. In other words, if I buy the MegaPak, and decide in several months that I really would like the UltraPlus, can I do that without having to pay the whole $279 (lowest upgrade I could find.. from v.2012)?

Thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195