Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Supporters. After upgrading Biab from 2012 to 2013 audio edition, an old Biab bug still keeps pestering on; i complained before about it, and it still makes using the program pretty useless for my goal as tryout platform and sending out demos toward hired musicians before recording stuff for real. I really wonder if your beta testers can't do any better befor a release.

THE BUG described AGAIN: If you switch to 2/4 for one bar i bar-settings, and back to 4/4 the next one, the realtrack generated happily keeps it's 4/4 counting totally ignoring the inserted bar-setting switchings, and is as such 2 beats late after that definitely. For me this is a major bug and pretty annoying, i did not use 2012 for demo building for that reason very much. Annoying yes, also regarding all the money i spent on Biab since them ole Atari days. -F.

PS i used RT130, fiddle shuffle.

Veteran
Veteran
What tune is this, or is it all your work?

Kind of a rare thing I'd guess.

I'd be tempted to record around it, then do an audio cut and paste if it's that important that you can't get past it.

What has pg music said when you sent in the question to support?

People here are mere users, not the developers.

I don't recall that ever coming up in beta.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Also on several tunes, same thing, but thanks this bug i never really used Biab that much with reatracks. - I complained about that with PG, i'll do it again now ... So far only got some answers from posters like "switch off the Audiotrack" - Cutting and pasting Audio, been messing with that, but not in PG programs, f.i Cubase is a lot easier and faster in doing that. - F

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

I really wonder if your beta testers can't do any better befor a release.

Now that is over the top.

I've got several songfiles that do the 2-beat bar thing and I did indeed use the feature during the Beta testing, but here on this machine it worked, so one can't report a bug they did not find.

Matter of fact, I used the beats at bar setting when laying out Donny Hathaway's "This Christmas" song during the beta, not a 2-beat change but the horn part in the Intro where there is one bar of 4 followed by one bar of 3 twice and that also worked fine here.

**A FROZEN Realtrack cannot change while the track is frozen, make sure that there is no "snowflake" asterisk before the Green trackname before hitting Gen/Play button or any changes made will not be reflected in that Realtrack.**

**Those answers from posters concerning "switch of the Audiotrack" -- may or may not be the problem, but this is easily found out quick enough by Rightclicking on the Audio and then selecting Mute while the song is playing. (There is an occasion where people have mistakenly Rendered a song to Audio and named that audio the exact same as the songfile filename, which would cause BB to load the Audio track along with the sonfile. And of course that Audio track would be static.**

Blaming the Beta Testers and PGMusic development for things that did not happen to anybody during the testing, well, that hurts, man. I'm here to tell you that the people who volunteer to take part in the Betas are very comprehensive, reporting every thing they find, even the tiny little seemingly insignificant things. And the development team responds, fixing problems and releasing new beta versions at a pace that is sometimes unbelievable. And when they do, there are beta testers right there downloading and testing and reporting what they find, 24/7.

If you don't think that the Beta Test people try to be as comprhensive as they can, if you think that any problem such as you report is a direct result of poor testing or worse yet, some sort of conspiracy where we all found a problem but chose to ignore it, well, as already stated that is just not true -- and it is not acceptable.

Going to take a liberty here and post two sentences from the top secret beta testing, I don't think PG will mind:

Quote:

The beta test is over, and BB 2013 is shipping. Thank you to everyone for helping out. We had over 350 topics and 1,250 messages in the beta forum over the last week!

emphasis added

That message was from The Boss himself, Peter Gannon.

If you would like to solve the problem you are reporting, there is an enthusiastic group of volunteers on this forum who will do everything they can to help you.

Many people in that group come right from the ranks of the hard working Beta Testers Team and also PGMusic Staff.

I won't hit the "Ignore this User" button. Yet.

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
Have you tried live chat with the support team ? You can talk direct to one of the technical team who provide support that's second to none. Not just texting but on the phone as well.

Quote:

Hi Supporters. After upgrading Biab from 2012 to 2013 audio edition, an old Biab bug still keeps pestering on; i complained before about it, and it still makes using the program pretty useless for my goal as tryout platform and sending out demos toward hired musicians before recording stuff for real. I really wonder if your beta testers can't do any better befor a release.

THE BUG described AGAIN: If you switch to 2/4 for one bar i bar-settings, and back to 4/4 the next one, the realtrack generated happily keeps it's 4/4 counting totally ignoring the inserted bar-setting switchings, and is as such 2 beats late after that definitely. For me this is a major bug and pretty annoying, i did not use 2012 for demo building for that reason very much. Annoying yes, also regarding all the money i spent on Biab since them ole Atari days. -F.

PS i used RT130, fiddle shuffle.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Fiddler,
Since it isn't a problem that we've heard about from others, I suspect that it is with only certain RealTracks, or certain time sig changes, or a combination of those. Please email me a sample song (I have sent my private email to you as an inbox message on the forum).

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hello Peter, sent you a private mail, thanks - F

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
>>> Hello Peter, sent you a private mail, thanks - F

Hi, My inbox on this forum is turned off, so hopefully you can email it to me at the email address I left in an inbox message to you.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Just to close the subject; thanks Peter for your in between solution making this "bug" less bugging me, and best with the job ahead finding a more permanent fix .... - F

Last edited by fiddler2007; 12/11/12 02:12 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195