I want to thank Floyd Jane here for his willingness to contact me and give me some really great feedback in the form of suggestions to improve my song Glass Bottles.

It is super to interact with other writers on this forum, enjoy their creativity, and learn from one another. It’s great to see some collaboration happening.

There are writers of different levels and genres on the forum. My impression from all of the comments I have read is that suggestions made about songs and production are from those with their hearts in the right place, with a desire to help.

There is always room to learn and improve and just have fun creating music and as Mom would say, it’s nice to share.

That being said here are the changes Floyd gave me.

Second line of the first verse:
Original – Highway burns the soles of my feet
Change – This road burns the soles of my feet

This makes the line flow smoothly with the first line of the song and the use of the lyric “this” puts the listener in the moment.

Chorus:
Orig. Empty and discarded
Broken and exposed
Like glass bottles on the side of the road
Like glass bottles on the side of the road

Change- Empty, discarded
Broken and exposed
Like bottles on the side of the road
Glass bottles on the side of the road

The lyrics are now not rushed and flow with the rest of the song and it makes the statement better than my original lyric. Thanks again Floyd.

I will replace the track on SoundCloud once I record the vocal with lyrics changes.